Cryptid/ Mythological Creatur...

By Ethanhide1

Have you ever wondered what it would be like if Cryptids and Mythological creatures were real? What would tha... More

Werewolf
Gargoyle
Kraken
Jersey Devil
Gremlin
Chupacabra
Troll
Goblin
Olitiau
Cactus Cat
Thunderbird
Griffin
Mongolian Death Worm
Unicorn
Rougarou
Centaur
Minotaur
Basilisk
Phoenix
Mothpeople
Sasquatch/Bigfoot/ Yeti/ Yowie/ Yeren/ All the Other Names
Dragon
Mermaid/ Merman/ Merpeople
Siren
Elf
Dwarf
Fairy
Pixie
Witch/ Dark Witch and Wizard/ Warlock
Vampire
Cù-sìth
Nāga/ Nagi
Giant
Wildling
Devil Monkey
Gnome
Cyclops
Gill-People
Ozark Howler
Ahool
Frog People
Wampus Cat
Snallygaster
Kappa
Owl People
Hydra
Kelpie
Wyvern
Ahuitzotl
Pegasus
Sea Serpent
Banshee
Pukwudgie
Faun
Satyr
Mahamba
Lochsaurus
Hippogriff
Warg
Kushtaka
Splintercat
Tatzelwurm
Ogre
Lizard People
Wendigo
Appalachian Black Panther
Drop Bear
Roc
Minoboar
Cherufe
Agropelter
Jackalope
Harpy
Sheepsquatch
Akhlut
Werehyena
Hog Bear
Valkyrie
Hippocampus
Mapinguari
Veo
Mngwa
Hodag
Bunyip
Ent
Dryad
Gator People
Griffith's Flying Reptile
Bonnacon
Werejaguar
Cockatrice
Sphinx
Orc
Leprechaun
Amphisbaena
Jinn/Genie

Manticore

102 1 0
By Ethanhide1

Animal Class: Mammal

Diet: Carnivorous

Originally lived in various countries in western Europe and eventually, migrated to many countries in the Middle East.

Tend to live and hunt alone. 

Females give birth to around 2 to 10 young.

When they are born, their wings have just started to grow out of their back and take about a year and a half to fully develop and it then takes them 2 to 3 years to fully master the ability to fly. ( They usually stay with their mother until they are able to fly without trouble) 

The venom in their tail stinger is very deadly, but like many creatures with venom that don't usually inject venom when they sting something. The venom is most potent when they are young and when they are old.

They are a mix between an ambush predator and a pursuit predator that tend to use their claws, teeth, speed, and brute strength to bring down prey. ( They have been known to use their stinger to occasionally hunt and they have been known to fly while chasing prey)

Live from 20 to 35 years. 

In ancient times, many people would capture and immobilize wild Manticores( they would usually be released later) in order to collect venom from their stingers and cover their weapons in it. This practice eventually stopped due to how hard it was to capture a Manticore and it usually ended with a bunch of dead humans on the ground. 

Extra Fun Fact: Like many other animals, Manticores were used in gladiator fights in the Roman Colosseum and they were such fierce fighters that there are only 3 recorded fights that ended with the gladiator victorious.       

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 69 8
What if mythical creatures were real? And what if they fell for you? If that sounds like a dream come true, this book is definitely for you. [#41 - m...
886 19 14
In this world you're either part animal, a fantastical beast, or a human. The beasts are called Mythics. The Humans don't quite like the Mythics, a...
567 67 30
America is full of urban myths and legends. Some benevolent. Others Malevolent. But most only seek to cause pain and misery to humanity. We mere mort...
452 0 22
After Daniel and Demonic got married and took over the kingdom, they had 2 children. A son, Huro Farian, and a daughter, Zila Alexanders. Huro and Zi...