The Protector

Door justgeeking

They were famous. There was the Chosen One. The Brightest Witch of her age. Weasley was their King. But her s... Meer

Quick Author's Note
Prologue
I Got A Letter
Keeper Of Keys
Diagon Alley
Platform 9 3/4
Welcome to Hogwarts
First day; First Classes
Lemon Drops
Secrets
TROLL!
...Quidditch...
*Christmas Time*
Time Passes
Detention
Back to School
Obstacles Galore
End of First Year
Weasleys to the Rescue
The Burrow
Diagon Alley
Missing the Train...
Oh Boy...
First Day of Second Year
Rude Much
A Strange Detention and Hearing Things
A Little More Clear
The Library
First Quidditch Match: Year 2
Dueling Club
What to do...
Another Attack, Another Blame
Changing Into My Enemy
New Accusations and Theories
Out of my Control
So...We Followed The Spiders
Our Goon of A Teacher
The Chamber of Secrets
Saving Dobby
The End of Second Year
What'd You Do, Harry?
Weird Things
Attacked On The Hogwarts Train
A Nice Welcome Back
First Classes of Third Year
Special Lessons
First Date In Hogsmeade
Sirius Black In The Castle
Werewolves and Annoying People
Not Enough Sleep
My Animagus
Second Date...?
Wondering About The Corridors
Good-bye Buckbeak
I WAS RIGHT ONCE MORE!
Being Badass
I Can't Believe It
Great Ending of 3rd Year
I Forgive You
Oh, Weasleys...
...The Quidditch World Cup...
The Mark
Welcoming New Schools
Unbelievable...
Triwizard Champions
My Romeo ♥️
Dragons?!
The First Task
Dance Lessons
Yule Ball
Clues for the Second Task
The Second Task
The Pensieve
The Third Task
He's Back
Ending Fourth Year
Not A Way To Begin Summer
Dementors
Order of the Phoenix
So Many Emotions
Our Hearing
Hogwarts Bound
Dreams
Defense Against The Dark Arts
Not Alone
Umbridge At It Again
A Prophecy
Dumbledore's Army
Date Night
Practice and Practice
The Dream
Christmas Break
Hagrid's home
We Got Caught
Anger I've Never Felt
Hagrid's Secret
Fireworks 🎇
Caught...Again
Dumbledore's Secret Weapon
The Department of Mysteries
Vengeful
Ending of Fifth Year
Summer Time
Suspision
Welcome Back to Hogwarts
Potions Class
There Are Signs
Quidditch Season
The Three Broomsticks
Slughorn's Dinner
Harry Was Right
The Truth
Passing Time
Slughorn's Party
Holiday Break
Poison in the Drinks
Sectumsempra
Evening with Slughorn
Horcruxes
Last Wishes
Rest in Peace
Beginning of the End
To The Burrow
Selfish
A Crashed Wedding
Nearly Killed in a Cafe
Nightmares
Grimmauld Place
Invading the Ministry
Camping With Horcruxes
Traveling
My Adventures With Ron
Back Together
Hello Hermione
The Deathly Hallows
Malfoy Manor
Burying Dobby
Deciding the Next Step
Author's Note (Please Read)
Robbing Gringotts
Escaping on a Dragon
Aberforth Dumbledore
Back at Hogwarts; Back at Home
Finding Another Horcrux
Goodbye Snape
Losing Everyone I've Loved
Fighting For Love
The Happy Ending
Please Read
Thank You!

Finally, He Apologized

521 19 3
Door justgeeking

I opened my eyes. I couldn't tell where I was. Some place I had never seen before. I glanced to my right hand. I was still holding on to him. I looked up. He was already looking down at me.

His eyes. His pale skin. God, how I missed him. I went a whole year without him. One thing that I thought I wouldn't have been able to do a few years ago.

I glanced into his eyes after mine traveled all over his face. His eyes shown many emotions. Some of which that I wished I hadn't seen. Sorrow. Desire. Regret. Then that thing I had seen since third year. I hadn't realized what it was. Now I had an idea.

I broke from his gaze. We had levitated closer. I turned and tried to removed myself from his grasp. I had forgotten about my gash in my arm until I turned to move. I winced as an immense pain rang through my arm.

"Here, let's get you clean up," he began to lead me through this little house. He continued to hold onto it.

He led me into a bathroom, "Can you hold onto your arm for me? I need to go get the stuff."

I nodded. I didn't know whether it was my dry throat or my slow wrath I had for him that made me refuse to speak. I held onto my arm.

Draco nodded, "Okay. I'll...I'll be right back." He walked out. I lent up against the wall.

I...can't believe him. After so long of pretending I was there. After he hurt me like that. Why is he acting like it's all just fine?!

"Bridget?" His voice called out from down the hall. "You still in there?"

I walked into the doorway. He was peering from behind a closet door. He smiled and continued to grab stuff, putting more attention to the closet. I walked back in.

He came in moments later with a basket of things I had seen in the hospital wing numerous times. He took out a couple things.

"How does it feel?"

I didn't reply.

He sighed. He took out a rag. I watched him pour a liquid on it. He came round, "This might sting a little."

It did. Immensely. I closed my eyes and gripped my hands around the corner of the sink. It didn't hurt as bad as the Cruciatus Curse though. So I was thankful.

When I didn't feel the pain, I opened my eyes. He had grabbed a roll of bandages. He had pulled my up my sleeve but I guess I hadn't noticed. He began to wrap it up.

I watched him more than his hands. He seemed concentrated (as he should be when patching up my wound). I thought it was cute when he'd be focused on something. Like when we'd be studying for charms in the library or when I'd be reading to him in the Astronomy tower.

He glanced up at me. I saw a smile form on his face. I looked back to down the hall. I heard him snicker before saying, "There you go. All patched up."

He walked passed me. I hugged my sides as I waited. For what, I wasn't sure. A few words to be said maybe? But I really didn't want to be the first one to say something.

Of course, I did. "Thanks," I nodded. I knew I would've felt bad if I hadn't said anything.

"Ah, she speaks," I looked over to him. He was smirking as he put the bottle back into the basket. "Nice to hear words of kindness instead of...not so nice words."

Oh how'd I like to.

He came in front of me. I couldn't really back up, seeing as I was already leaning against the sink. He held up the rag and I recoiled my face.

"Don't," his words were stern but his voice was sweet. "You have another cut I need to clean. Unless you want to."

I rolled my eyes, leaning forward slightly. He placed the rag on my cheek. It hurt, but not as much as my arm did. I still winced though.

The pain went down. I stopped crunching my face. That entire time, I was trying to avoid his eye contact while watching him.

"Bridget," he spoke after the third time I made eye contact. I couldn't help it; he was in my face. "We should talk about a few things before you leave."

I sighed, "What's there to talk about? I think you said everything you needed to."

"And you're still mad at me," he nodded. "Understandable-"

"Damn right it is," I scoffed. "You hurt me, Draco. Broke my heart. I have every right to be angry with you."

"I know-"

"And now you just take me away from my friends, heal my wounds, and talk to me like everything is okay between us. It's not! I don't think you understand that."

"I do understand though-"

"No, I don't think you do," I was staring at him while we (I) were arguing.

"Just shut up for two seconds," he put the rag in the sink next to me.

"I'd like to see you make me."

Next thing I knew, he had cupped my face with both of his hands. His face flew towards mine. I didn't stop him. For the first time in over a year, he kissed me.

I couldn't believe how much I missed it. How much I missed him. His lips. Soft yet course.

My legs practically turned to pudding. I threw my arms over his shoulders and held myself up. I kissed him back, full knowing that I really shouldn't have done that.

We broke apart a few seconds later. I rested my forehead on his. He rubbed his nose against mine. I smiled. I opened my eyes. His were still closed. It took me a moment to noticed that he was crying.

"Draco?"

He whimpered a couple times, "I...I've missed you...so much, Bridget."

I pulled him into a hug. I pet his head as he cried. It was welcoming that he was hugging me back. It was a miracle. I thought that this would never happen again. "I've missed you too."

He hugged onto my tight. Like a child hugging their parent after a nightmare. Not that I had ever experienced that as a child but it's whatever.

We stayed in that position for a couple minute. I didn't want to move anyways. I smiled as I set my head on his. Think of this as making up lost time. I may not get this every again anyways, so might as well cherish it.

He finally moved away. It got cold around me. How I hated that feeling. I cupped his face as I wiped the tears away, "But we're here now. I don't know how long, but we are. So let's go walk and talk. Okay?"

"Sounds..." he sniffled. "Sounds good."

You big baby.

He grabbed onto my hand and we went down the hall. It had family pictures of familiar faces from generations. We strolled around for a bit. I noticed that the house we were in was quaint. Not too big. Not too small either.

"So...where are we?"

"Family vacation cottage," he led me into a family room, from what it looked like. "First thing that came to my mind."

I nodded. We sat down on the couch. We didn't speak at first. I was just taking everything in. The semi-fancy furniture. The design on some of the wood furniture was intricate. Calming. But at the same time, I didn't understand why I was choosing to stay. My friends could need me right now. They could be worrying about me...

But then again I've been with them this entire trip, except when Ron and I split off. I'm sure they'll understand.

"Bridget, I'm so sorry about how I made you feel."

I turned to him. He grabbed both of my hands while he was talking to me. It seemed like a sincere apology.

"I didn't want to. I was a coward to not tell you or break it off. I figured the best way I could do it was to break your heart. Then maybe you'd think I was a jerk and not want to come back."

"Why wouldn't you want me to come back?" I asked. You weren't put in Gryffindor for a reason, you know.

"Bellatrix," he got quiet, "she threatened me. So did...You-Know-Who. They'd hurt you, Bridget, if I didn't go with them. I couldn't risk it with you."

"I've been hurt before," I squeezed his hand. "I'm not afraid of them, Draco."

"But I am," he sighed. "It was better for me to be able to see you alive everyday, while being hurt to even look at me, than to have you dead and never see you again."

"They're not going to kill me," I shook my head. "I mean to much to Harry. I'm one of people they can use against him."

"That's exactly why they'd kill you. To get him to surrender."

He's got a point.

"I didn't want to do it that way, but I felt as if there was no other way."

"Let's fight back."

"No."

"Why not?" I asked. "There's going to be a war soon. I don't want to go down unless I know that you are by my side. On my side. You don't deserve to be on theirs. I hate to put it this way," I sighed, "but you're not bad, Draco. You are one of the sweetest. With how you were raised and how I'm guessing you were treated at home, I can understand how you would bully others."

He hung his head low.

"I understand. You needed to feel some sort of empowerment. Your mum is the only one who really loves you, isn't she?"

"No, Dad does too," he nodded. "It's just..."

"He's scared. You get that from your father, but you react differently. A little."

He was comprehending what I was saying.  I could tell by his facial features. He looked up to me, "So I'm not like my father?"

"No," I gave a chuckle. "Not at all."

He squeezed my hand. "Are you still upset with me?" He asked.

"Not as much as I was," I explained. "You know...I've almost always thought about you. At least once everyday, I think."

"Me too," he nodded. "Not about me, but about you."

I smirked, "You think about me?"

"Well yeah," he got red real quick. "Since I didn't see you on the train or at school, I got worried. Blaise told me I shouldn't worry, but I couldn't help it."

"How sweet," I smiled. But it soon faded as I thought a loud, "Won't Bellatrix know you're missing? What will they do to you when they found out you didn't kill me or something?"

"Yeah, but if you're able to handle it, I can too," he stood up. I stood with him. Before he let my hands go he gave me a quick kiss. "I love you, Bridget."

My heart almost blew up. I smiled, "I love you too," I let his hands go.

"I'll see you at Hogwarts?" He asked.

I shrugged, "Who knows." Then I remembered what Hermione showed me at the Manor. "Can I have a string of your hair?"

He plucked one and handed it to me. I slipped it in my pocket. "I'll see you later." And I disapperated.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

9 0 9
Alliseinna Malfoy was a perfect girl. She was smart, caring and rather pretty. Her family couldn't have asked for a better daughter. That was until...
355 29 13
In which a half human-half witch is forced into Hogwarts School of Wizardry against her will, only to be thrown into the world of campus bad boy-Drac...
184K 4.3K 40
COMPLETE. MATURE THEMES! Not recommended for those under 18! Hermione Granger has been elected Minister of Magic, something she aspired to since scho...
4.7M 112K 26
"Goldie Dove? She's way, way to sweet for that bitter Malfoy. She's in Hufflepuff anyways." "Really? Well then you don't know her." FAST PACED STORY...