complicated; jonah marais {CO...

By sadboiseavey

"im still in love with you Jonah" Lucy confesses "I'm sorry Lucy, I just - im not - I don't feel the same wa... More

1. meeting
2. (cute) new kid?
3. happy birthday
4. two years
5. we're done
6. just a little kiss
7. what to do now
8. bye :(
9. is he single?
PSA
10. pain
11. D8
an apology.
12. i missed u
13. hi there
14. angel
15. hell
PSA
16. crush?
17. afterschool
18. why not?
19. homecoming
20. i do..
21. almost over
22. prom; part 1
23. prom; part 2
24. summer
25. daniel
26.stay
27.comfortable
28. replacement
29.a little too late;part 1
31. no harm
32. goodbye jonah
31. gone
32. It takes time
33. a beauty & sin
34. isn't it crazy
35. again
36. dresses
37. lu?
38. void
39. exhausted
40. Minnesota
41. little paws
42. it still hurts..
43. "i loved you"
44. im in love with you
45. numb
46. unrecognizable
47.mom
48. mom and daughter date
49. I loved her
50. cloud nine
51. happy
52. green eyes
53. honeymoon
54. complicated
thank you!

30. tension;part2

998 16 2
By sadboiseavey

Lucy's pov

I sat in my bay window watching the stars take over the night sky, the reception got smaller and smaller. Daniel left me an hour ago telling me he needed to do some things. A light knock almost makes me jump "come in" my voice was raspy from singing earlier. I didn't turn to them, I kept my eyes on the sky. "Hey" his voice was small, I sigh "hi" I was to scared to look at him, "I'm sorry" i kept my mouth shut, I wanted to say "you're always sorry" but I didn't have the energy to fight. When he realises Im not gonna answer he moves towards me sitting across from me, I keep my eyes on the sky. "You sounded amazing up there, although I wasn't there to see it all I heard enough to know it was an amazing performance" I nod, "thanks" I didn't want to give him the cold shoulder but I didn't want him to think I would accept his apology so easily. I do that too often and I told myself I would stop. Yes I'm being slightly overdramatic but he's done so many little things that ended up hurting me.

The room stays quiet, I close my eyes to try to distract myself from the awkward tension. "I know you're upset with me, and I totally understand that you don't want to talk to me" he sighed, he moved a little but I didn't know what he was doing because my eyes were still closed "I got you few things while I was touring, if you don't want them just let me know." He sets a bag next to me and stands up "You did amazing tonight and you look amazing, maybe we can talk tomorrow but we don't have to" I let out a shake breath and open my eyes "goodnight lucy, I love you" he waited for me to say something but nothing came out,  I struggled so much not to say it back but I have to keep my guard up. I see him nod and leave the room quietly, I turn to look at him. He was so handsome in his tux just from the back, I listened for the front door and look out my window waiting for him to walk by. He walks past with his hands in his pockets looking down at the ground. I really hated he was sad because of me but I was doing this for myself. Although he looked handsome and sad in his tux I still held my ground.

I grab the bag tossing it on my bed before I changed into more comfortable clothing. I sat next to it and dumped it out on my bed, I look at the pile of miscellaneous objects. I pick up a pen and pulled the side where it says to pull and a little flag of Missouri comes out, I laugh at the weirdness of the gift and places it to the side. I grab a bag of cheese reading the packaging 'made in Wisconsin the best place for cheeseheads' I take a bite and was slightly amazed how good it tasted im not big on cheese but it was quite delicious.

My eyes land on the shiny golden chain and I pick it up between my fingers. There was a small charm on the end and I place it in the palm of my hand, it was a golden 'J' with little gems inside. I crack a small smile, it's crazy to me how many things he gets me that something a boyfriend would get his girlfriend. I debate rather or not to put it on for a few seconds before finally deciding to put it in my jewelry box. I go through the rest of the items before my mother and Robert say their goodbyes.

Daniel follows me back upstairs to my bedroom, I lay down and Daniel lays besides me " so what happened between you and Jonah? I seen him walking home, he looked sad" I contemplate rather or not to tell Daniel the story because I felt he would think I was over dramtic. "He came over and well he apologized but I didn't say anything, I didn't want him to think he can get away everything's but it was difficult to let him leave with out telling him I loved him back" he nods and frowns "talk to him tomorrow, I know you want him to understand he hurt you but don't be to harsh he tried his best to get here on time" I nod flipping onto my back, why is Daniel sticking up for Jonah all of a sudden? Although he is right but why is he on his side, okay he's not really on his side. Gosh I'm confusing, it's just weird that Daniel is on Jonah's and not mine but maybe Daniel is just telling me the right thing to do. I turn my head towards Daniel "are you on his side" he scrunched his face "no, I barely know him. Im just telling you the best way to handle this situation, ignoring him won't resolve anything but forgiving him automatically won't either and I never said to forgive him tomorrow" I nod "so do I tell him I'm still mad about it so he understands what he did?" He nods smiling "mhhmm"

After a little while Daniel was asleep besides me, I just laid in bed thinking of jonah. I know i shouldn't be mad but I was, I was trying to figure out how I would approach him tomorrow. I don't know if I should text him, call him, go to him, have him come here..i just didn't know and I also didn't know how to even word it "hey I'm still mad about it but I still missed you" or "I don't fully forgive you yet" or I can just be straight to the point "it hurt me you went there when I wanted you to be there but I do understand why it still hurts. I really wish you'd see my performance" I was nervous he'd be angry with me or wouldn't care at all.

I slipped out of my bed grabbing a coat and throwing it on. I made sure not to wake Daniel as I tiptoe out of the door. I didn't know what I was doing, I just knew I wanted to talk to him. This is what's wrong with me, I always run to him. I stop right outside his house debating whether or not to go inside. I shivered and took the cold metal key out of my pocket, I ran my fingers over it. God im so stupid, I always come back to him but then again im the dumb bitch who's anger over something he had no control over. I wanted to slap myself, I should apologize not him. I walked up the steps, putting the key in turning the knob. I tried to be quiet but dropped the key onto the hard wood floor, I picked it up and ran up the stairs. The house was quiet and I knew everyone was already asleep, I stood infront of gis door and took a breath before knocking on his door. I swallow as my nerves go out of control, the door opens and I meet his eyes. He has a confused expression but didn't say anything, "May I come in?" My voice barely a whisper, he nods stepping inside. I really hope he doesn't give me the cold shoulder like I did. He sits down on his bed but I stand in front of him with my arms across my chest. I close my eyes "I'm sort I got angry, there's no reason for me too be. You had no control over it" my eyes were open and looking into his, he shakes his head standing up "don't be sorry, you had more than one reason to be. Im sorry, I know I already said it bit im saying it again, I honestly don't know what is wrong with me. It seems like I always mess up and hurt you" he frowns and looks at the ground, I take his chin in my hand tilt it towards me. The excitement that rises inside me makes me almost lose my breath, "I'm just a sensitive bitch" I joke, he smiles and laughs "not all the time" I smile taking my hand from his chin, It started to become awkward from holding it there. He reaches for my arm and pulls it towards him running his hand down my arm to my hand. Chills and electricity sparked inside me, fuck Lucy chill your freaking hormones. He held my hand in his, his thumb made circle on the top of my hand. He looks up at me and almost melted "I missed you, you know?" I smile, he grabs my other arm pulling me into a hug. The guy was one of those hugs that you feel yourself breathe into, I needed the hug more than I realised. Hugging Jonah has always been my favorite, but when it's been awhile it feels 10000× better. He pulls away kissing my head, I smile and didn't even try to cover up the blush that I knew was quite evident. "Tell me about tour" I sit on his bed and he sits besides me, pulling me into his lap. I roll my eyes "okay weirdo, what's that for?" I pretended to be be annoyed and not like how I really feel. And if you would like to know, my brain was acting the same way your dog does when you come home from work or school. I wanted to stay put in his lap, he just smirked at me "I just want you as close as possible" the tension between us was the strongest it has ever been, my heart began to race. I swear that he began to lean closer, but I didn't want to move and look like a fool. I pick my lips and force myself to redirect the conversation.

Jonah's pov

I pulled onto my lap wrapping one arm behind her and resting my other on her bare thigh. She rolls her eyes ad I couldn't help but grin "okay weirdo, what's that for?" I smirk, "I just eat you a close as possible" I had the sudden urge to kiss her, and maybe other things. She was unbelievably beautiful and I wanted to do so many things to her but I had to remind myself she's my best friend nothing more,  but I still leaned in. If she did too i don't know where we would end up, but she didn't. She seemed to hesitate almost before speaking "How was tour?" She asks the same question she asked a few minutes earlier. She rests her head on my shoulder looking up at me, "it was amazing, I loved meeting my fans and getting to hug them and listen to their stories. It warms my heart honestly, I mean so much to them and they mean so much to me" she smiles, and wipes her hand over my cheek then kissing it. Her lips lingered on my skin, she looks up and I turn my head leaving barely any space between our lips. They didn't touch but the heat radiating off them gave me an adrenaline rush. She let out a breath, her soft eyes made me want just do it and I could care less if it ruins everything I wanted her. Fuck my hormones have been off the walls around her lately. Our breath together made it feel suffocating and I didn't know what would happens but I didn't want to be the one to pull away. "Fuck" I whisper, her hands grabs my face connecting our lips. My heart raced even more and our lips felt as if they were molding together, it felt so right and so so good. Can we even stay friends, it's becoming harder and harder..

💭

oop, what would happen between them after this?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 326 36
completed: 8/8/19 In a world where Julia didn't die, will she remember the pain everyone but Zach gave her or will she start over?
26K 719 20
Completed 7/28/18 We were always best friends.... what happened. High school started and boom he hated me Well who doesn't hate the weird girl with t...
2K 105 45
Addison had it all. She had found the love of her life, had sent out her college aplications, and already had her own apartment. She had everything f...
70K 679 15
*edited* After their story ended in nothing but pain, she is finally moving on from her past. The year went by in a blick of the eye, which made reco...