Him and I

By Devaanshii

Meet Derina Williams, every guy's dream girl. She's smart and popular, extremely rich and the most beautiful... More

Chapter 1: Me
Chapter 2: First day
Chapter 3: First day(part 2)
Chapter 4: First meet
Chapter 5: Jessica and Nick
Chapter 6: Jessica's Birthday
Chapter 7: Birthday Party
Chapter 8: Party (part 2)
Chapter 9: Party (part 3)
Chapter 10: Mason and skating
Chapter 11: Derina and teasing
Chapter 12: The Race
Chapter 13: Drifting
Chapter 14: Attending classes
Chapter 15: School and club
Chapter 16: Club and drunk
Chapter 17: Gossip
Chapter 18: Beach
Chapter 19: New beginnings
Chapter 20: Football and Mason
Chapter 21: Movie Night
Chapter 22: The Best Night
Chapter 23: Hawaii
Chapter 24: Him and I
Chapter 25: I choose you
Chapter 26: The Wedding
Chapter 27: Christmas
Chapter 28: We are done
Chapter 29: NYC
Chapter 30: We meet again
Not a Chapter
Chapter 31: It was Marissa
Chapter 32: I'm sorry
Chapter 33: Pranks
Chapter 34: It suits you
Chapter 35: Broken
Chapter 36: Need
Chapter 37: Accident
Chapter 38: I'm attracted
Chapter 39: Non cliché
Chapter 40: Old times
Chapter 41: Infinity? Ironic
Chapter 42: Mason, drunk and Bed
Chapter 43: Red Roses
Chapter 44: Anderson house
Chapter 45: Catching up
Chapter 46: Hopelessly in Love
Chapter 47: Him and I, Again
Chapter 48: Nostalgia
Chapter 49: A walk to remember
Chapter 51: You're the one
Chapter 52: Fifty shades
Not a chapter
Chapter 53: Derina and Danger
Chapter 54: Escaping

Chapter 50: Trekking

499 13 1
By Devaanshii

Happy Reading:)

__________________________

Derina's POV-

"Means, we have to travel in the bus for almost two hours to get to the camp or whatever and then walk for 45 minutes approximately because a bus can't drive on that road." Nick explained.

We were sitting in school at 7:00 am. Waiting for the further instructions and for the bus to arrive.

"We have to walk for 45 minutes!" Jessica said as if she was going to die doing that.

Honestly, I was excited to go to a beautiful place, with great scenery, a small lake and all my friends. And Mason of course. I don't know if he comes into the normal friends category. But thinking about Hawaii, this trip is bound to make changes between us again. And if he doesn't man up and just say it, I'm going to do it. Actually, yeah I still feel that the guy should do it. Like you know, the guy should initiate. He should say whatever he feels. That's the stereotype and I want to go with it.

Suddenly my bag was snatched from my hand. And obviously it was Mason. He kept the bag in the backside of the bus where everyone was loading their luggage.

"I thought you were just going to stand there for the whole trip." He said and then took some more bags and kept them inside. Did I mention he looked hot doing that. "Why are you spacing out Derina?" In three quick strides he was standing close to me. "Lost in thoughts?" He smirked raising one eyebrow.

"I was waiting for you to take my bags and keep them, in a gentleman way." I said.

"Could you have a more stupid answer?" He chuckled.

"You're annoying."

He looked different. Like he was tired. He looked like he hadn't been sleeping properly.

"You love that I'm annoying. Besides, I would be boring if I wasn't annoying." He was so full of himself, Oh my God.
"Oh, also, I'm adorably annoying."

I've heard that before. "You are-'' I was saying.

"Come on guys, get into the bus." Nathan said. He and Kyra walked to the door. Dan, Nick, Tina, following.

I walked with Jessica and sat on the window side and before I could say anything Aiden was sitting beside me. Jess and Nathan were behind us. And everyone else was settled in the seats around us. Mason wasn't here yet. I wanted to sit next to him. Because even if he's annoying, talking to him is always fun. And the ride was pretty long.

Then Mason entered and his eyes met mine and then he saw Aiden beside me and I thought I saw his jaw clench. Maybe I was imagining stuff now. It almost looked like he was hurt because I didn't sit next to him or something. He went and sat next to Derek and kind of far from my seat. He put his earphones on and closed his eyes.

We were all talking and singing and what not. We stopped at a food mall and washroom kind of place.

"What the hell is going on between you and Derek?" I asked Jessica when she came out of a bathroom stall.

"Could you atleast let me pee in peace?" She asked me dramatically.

"You're done with peeing. Just speak."

"Nothing is going on. We are just friends."

"You guys weren't so close before." I said and we walked towards the bus again.

"Derina, it's really nothing. I don't know what's going on really." She said and climbed up. I went behind her and saw Mason sitting alone on the window side. His eyes were still closed.

I sat beside him. "Hey."

He opened his eyes and looked at me. "Hey." And closed it again resting his head back.

"You look tired."

"I am tired."

"Why?"

"Work, studying."

"You don't even need to study. Everyone knows you're a genius." I rolled my eyes.

He snorted. "I've been getting nightmares. So I haven't been sleeping properly."

"Nightmares? Again?"

"But not the same one." He opened his eyes and looked at me again.

"Then?"

"You leaving me again." He said.

Mason gets nightmares about me leaving again. I know that was a serious thing. But I was glad for a second that Mason gets nightmares about me. It's a big thing. And I know I sound stupid.

"I am never leaving you again. Though we aren't even together." We were looking at each other.

See? Trips always work for us. Trips get us closer. It's just the good vibe.

"Easier said than done."

"You know what, we should stop with the boring talk." I said. He chuckled.

"Yeah."

"And by the way, I'm sorry if you felt bad that I went and sat with Aiden. I totally didn't want to sit with him. It's just that, when you entered the bus you looked really hurt and I don't know why me sitting with Aiden would hurt you but yeah, I'm sorry." I said.

He was looking at me without blinking. Wow, I never fail to embarrass myself in front of him.

And then he laughed. An awesome throaty laugh. Mason style. It felt nice that he was laughing and not sad. Even if I was embarrassed. Because Mason didn't deserve sadness anymore. He had passed through alot already.

"You are something." He said when he finally stopped laughing.

"You shouldn't be the one facing so much crap that you can't even get proper sleep. A great guy like you deserves some happiness." I said.

"A great guy like me?"

"Yeah I mean, now don't flatter yourself. But you're hilarious, caring, smart, extremely good looking and a narcissist who has faced alot."

"I shouldn't be flattered but I am." He smiled. Like an actual smile. Not a smirk.

Does my presence do that to him?

The rest of the ride, we kept talking and it was great to finally just be like the old us. The walk after the event night was good too. It felt like our relationship had moved forward. We were ready to take it more further.

We got down from the bus and our luggage was taken in some small truck kind of vehicle. We had to walk. The way was really beautiful with trees all around and the weather was cool. We could see the clear sky.

We walked and finally saw the place we were going to stay at. It was nice. And the view was amazing.

"Did you hear the news?" Aiden asked me. He and Daniel came towards me and Jess.

"What news?" Jessica asked.

"Macy Denton is missing." Daniel said. Oh my God. What the hell was happening in our city?

"What do you mean?"

"We don't know the details but some gang, mafia stuff has come up."

That just made me think about Mason and his family. Would they do something like that? We all had stopped in front of the huge cabin like house. This was the girls cabin, and next to it was the boys. I saw Mason was talking on the phone. He looked pretty moved or something. This was not a good sign.

He looked at me and then smiled. To make me feel reassured. But I really was a bit shocked. Someone of our age and who we knew was missing, that means kind of kidnapped or lying dead somewhere.

We walked inside and our bags were placed there. We took all the food and went to the kitchen to place it properly and keep whatever items needed to be kept cool in the fridge.

I walked to the room which we got and got freshened up. Me, Jess, Kyra, and three other girls were in our room.

I walked down again because I needed coffee. I had woken up early and I was feeling sleepy. And I don't think anyone would like me sleeping right now. Just when the fun is supposed to begin.

"Heard the news?" Mason asked from behind me when I was making some coffee.

"Yes." I said and looked at him expectantly to give me more information about it.

"Look, there are more people who are dangerous alright. It has nothing to do with my family. But it will surely make the Dentons feel that we've done it. Plus, we have stopped doing gang stuff long back."

"But what it the Dentons come after you?" I asked him.

"Nothing will happen Derina. There's no proof that we have her. Plus I'm in front of you, aren't I? And Dad is not even in the city right now. The police will investigate. You don't need to worry."

We sat on the round dining table in the kitchen. It was common for girls and boys. Everyone slowly came down and settled. We were eating and talking.

Mason took my coffee and drank as if it was the most natural thing to do.

"Thank God you've got coffee." Mason said and handed me my mug again. I drank a sip.

It didn't feel awkward. I actually felt nice that he didn't feel awkward doing that. Yeah, I had issues because everything Mason did had started making me feel special and happy.

"So what are we going to do now?" Tina asked to nobody in particular.

"Let's just go to one of the room and we can-" Daniel was saying.

"It would be nice if we didn't get to hear the details." Aiden said.

"Exactly." Jess.

"Let's go out and play something nice. There's so much space." Nathan said.

"The teachers have already said that we have to go for trekking today." Nick said.

"Oh God. We have already walked so much." Jessica whinned.

Ashley was saying something too about not wanting to walk. But nobody paid much attention to her.

We were just laughing. But then we ate and got up to wear shoes and proper clothes because we don't know what kind of area would that be. Climbing and walking and what not.

All the students gathered outside. The teachers were explaining. We could see the mountain we had to climb. It was high. And the way was dangerous. But this was going to be fun.

"Guys, let's make teams." Kyra said.

"The losing team makes dinner." I said.

When I said that some guys hooted and screamed in agreement. So we all got separated into two teams. The teams had many members actually. Oh and I and Mason were in opposite teams. I had Nathan, Kyra and Derek with me. Everyone else was on the other team. So we decided everything and everyone started walking.

I started walking too and Mason took hold of the hood of my hoody and pulled me back. "What the hell are you doing?"

"If I win, I want a lap dance." He said. I turned to look at him. I would love to be near him but I was going to win, not him. "Plus coffee made by you every morning."

"Keep dreaming, Anderson." I said and started walking.

Why did he always have to challenge me?

We started walking together. We were talking and making fun of skanky girls like Ashley who couldn't climb properly.

"And you were going to get engaged to her." I said and laughed. Pointing at Ashley.

"You really thought we would take a stupid deal seriously? Plus, Ashley is not my type." Mason said. But he was kind of embarrassed about Ashley. I was still chuckling. "It's not funny."

"It is, a bit." I said and we both looked at each other. We walked for some time non stop. Then I felt like sitting.

"We should sit. Please." Mason didn't look tired at all. And I wasn't going to let him win this.

"Fine." He didn't argue. Thank God. We sat on a rock.

"And by the way, what is your type? If not Ashley." I asked him.

"My type is, reddish blondes, fiesty, a girl who has fire, whose name starts with D, who can race and-" He was smiling.

"That's enough." I said and hit him playfully. "You should smile more and smirk less you know." I bent down. Pretending to tie my shoe laces. Mason was looking into my eyes.

"Why?"

"Because smirking hides the real Mason. It's like a mask. I want to see the real Mason. The quite one. Reading books and painting kind of Mason." I said and I kept looking into his eyes too.

I got up and walked further. "Come on." I said and walked away fast.

I heard Mason falling. I looked back quickly and saw him on the grass. I tied his shoelaces. I laughed for two seconds but then he cursed.

"You're going down Williams." He said and got up and I almost started running on the dangerous path. I was sure it was going to take him alot of time to take the knots in his laces out.

But everything that I said was true. Mason should show his real self. He needs to be free.

I was pretty sure I was the one in the front because almost everyone was sitting when Mason and I sat.

"You cheated." I looked back and saw Derek smirking.

"No proof." I said.

I waited for him to cone up to me and we walked up together and reached the top after walking for more 20 minutes approximately. We were tired.

It was difficult to stay focused on Mason's shoelaces when all I could think about was kissing him because he was looking at me like that. His gaze is captivating.

I was looking at the view. Everything looked amazing from the top. I was clicking pictures. And eventually everyone started reaching on the top. There were mostly my team members. I guess Mason's team was weak after all.

"Derina Williams!" Oops Mason was here I guess.

_____________________________

Please comment and vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

346K 13K 54
Meet Rachel Brody Everything comes easy to her. She has it all. Fame, money, boys. In one word popular. A Goddess amongst commoners. She is even the...
59.5K 1.3K 17
She has the most biggest challenge yet! Enter Liv Valentine. “You have two months, to make Mr. Cutie over there to fall for you, make him reveal it...
11.9K 482 58
There are three things Kaitlin should know: 1. Do NOT test the new bad boy 2. Do NOT keep in contact with the bad boy 3. And Do NOT and I repeat DO...
239K 6.8K 40
~They say all good boys go to heaven, but bad boys bring heaven to you~ "Whose gonna suspect the little nerd in the back, no one can even think of y...