Him and I

By Devaanshii

Meet Derina Williams, every guy's dream girl. She's smart and popular, extremely rich and the most beautiful... More

Chapter 1: Me
Chapter 2: First day
Chapter 3: First day(part 2)
Chapter 4: First meet
Chapter 5: Jessica and Nick
Chapter 6: Jessica's Birthday
Chapter 7: Birthday Party
Chapter 8: Party (part 2)
Chapter 9: Party (part 3)
Chapter 10: Mason and skating
Chapter 11: Derina and teasing
Chapter 12: The Race
Chapter 13: Drifting
Chapter 14: Attending classes
Chapter 15: School and club
Chapter 16: Club and drunk
Chapter 17: Gossip
Chapter 18: Beach
Chapter 19: New beginnings
Chapter 20: Football and Mason
Chapter 21: Movie Night
Chapter 22: The Best Night
Chapter 23: Hawaii
Chapter 24: Him and I
Chapter 25: I choose you
Chapter 26: The Wedding
Chapter 27: Christmas
Chapter 28: We are done
Chapter 29: NYC
Chapter 30: We meet again
Not a Chapter
Chapter 31: It was Marissa
Chapter 32: I'm sorry
Chapter 33: Pranks
Chapter 34: It suits you
Chapter 36: Need
Chapter 37: Accident
Chapter 38: I'm attracted
Chapter 39: Non cliché
Chapter 40: Old times
Chapter 41: Infinity? Ironic
Chapter 42: Mason, drunk and Bed
Chapter 43: Red Roses
Chapter 44: Anderson house
Chapter 45: Catching up
Chapter 46: Hopelessly in Love
Chapter 47: Him and I, Again
Chapter 48: Nostalgia
Chapter 49: A walk to remember
Chapter 50: Trekking
Chapter 51: You're the one
Chapter 52: Fifty shades
Not a chapter
Chapter 53: Derina and Danger
Chapter 54: Escaping

Chapter 35: Broken

566 21 2
By Devaanshii

Happy Reading:)

______________________

Derina's POV-

This house was amazing. It was all modern styled which meant that it wasn't that old. My room had a common room and a bedroom. I wonder what kind of rooms other people have. There was a flat screen, video games, movies, computer. Oh and the bathroom, it was great. As soon as I entered my room I saw it and immediately decided to take a shower. It was huge.

I came out and decided to wear something comfortable. We were staying in the house so no big deal.

There was a knock on my door. A very impatient and irritating knock. I yelled that I was coming to open it but the person outside wouldn't stop knocking. I opened the door and a fist hit my forehead. Really hard.

"Ouch." I said and closed my eyes and rubbed my forehead.

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying attention when you opened the door." Mason said. I looked up at him and scowled. What the hell was he doing here?

"What is your problem? Apart from making my life difficult." I asked him and placed a hand on my hip.

His eyes travelled from my face to the hand on my hip and down and back up. He smirked. How does he manage to look so hot? All the fUcking time!

"I have many problems, really baby doll. But I like the one you mentioned the most. Making your life difficult." He chuckled.

"Stop using that nickname. And is there a reason you're here?"

"Actually, baby doll, I like how this name irritates you. And you were in your room for one and a half hour so everyone is asking about you."

Shit, I was bathing for a long time. "I'll be there."

"Oh I'll be waiting." He winked. I turned around to walk into my room when he said, "Baby doll." I looked at him and I wasn't planning on closing my door but then he used that name and so I shut the door in his face.

But when I walked back inside, a smile creeped on my face which I tried hard to control.

But couldn't.

____________________

I walked down the stairs and I stopped. I really didn't know where I had to go. It was my first time in this house. I didn't know anything about where the living room was. I was thinking about which way to go when someone tapped my shoulder.

"God, you didn't have to sneak up on me like that." I said and put a hand on my heart. I felt like I missed a beat.

''I know I look no less than a Greek God. Many girls say that. But it kind of makes me uncomfortable you know. I prefer 'Mason'." He smirked. I rolled my eyes. I so want to kiss him. But he is arrogant.

"Aren't you full of yourself Mason?"

Oh that wasn't me. It was Aiden's voice. I looked behind Mason and Aiden walked towards us.

"You shouldn't interrupt when people are talking." Mason replied with ease. Least bothered. I don't understand why they have to be rude and arrogant to each other.

"Derina was least interested in you talking about yourself like a narcissist." Aiden said. Okay I had to interrupt now.

"Guys stop it. What the hell is wrong with you both?" I asked them both. They both weren't ready to leave each other from the glaring contest. I'm sure if looks could kill, I would be the only one alive right now.

"Come on, let's go. Everyone's already settled down." Mason said and caught my hand and pulled me along with him. He was holding it tight like really tight. It was kind of hurting.

"Uh- your hold is hurting me." He left it immediately and didn't stop walking and didn't even spare me a glance. I didn't want him to leave my hand, he could just loosen it. But I kept walking. After what felt like eternity we reached the big living area.

"Where were you for so long? Nick almost finished the whole bar you know." Daniel said to me.

I looked at Nick and yeah, he already looked wasted. I guess matters haven't been solved yet.

"Where were you both?" Jessica asked emphasizing on 'both'.

"Showering." Mason said. Nathan almost sprayed out the sip he took from his drink. Everyone's eyes were wide. I was looking at Mason too. Jessica just had an amused expression. "Derina was showering." He said and smirked. "In her room." He added after a long time.

"Okay, let's play something." Kyra said and got up and started pouring drinks.

Oh I knew this 'game' was gonna be the end of me. I'm gonna have to drink alot.

"What are we playing?" Aiden asked and sat beside me.

"Truth or Dare." Jess said. That's boring.

"We almost know everything about each other. It's boring." Mason said as if reading my thoughts.

"Oooh, let's play 'most likely'." Nathan said. I guess I can handle that.

"Yeah! Even though it's childish, it will be fun." Kyra said and sat beside Nathan again after handing us the drinks.

"I'm gonna start." Daniel said and started thinking. "Someone who's most likely to be sitting in a jail cell." He said and I thought for a second and then pointed at Aiden. He was smirking. Ooh he drinks and drives, he breaks into houses, he can fight, he can probably do anything.

Mason pointed at himself. Jess and Nathan pointed at Mason. Me, Kyra, Nick and Aiden pointed at Aiden. So Aiden had to drink up.

We were all laughing. The drinks were not something mild and tolerable. It was strong.

"This game is going to fUck up big time." Aiden said and refilled his glass.

"Someone who's most likely to become an actress/actor or a model." Jessica said. Everyone pointed at me. Like everyone.

I drank up. Shit this was a bad idea. Mason was already enjoying seeing me getting drunk.

"Someone who is most likely to spit in someone's food if that someone pissed him/her off." Nathan said. Three points were at me. Others at Jess. She drank up.

"Someone who is most likely to break hearts." All points were at me. When I asked why, they said because I've rejected over 100 guys. That was stupid. Mason pointing at me was acceptable I guess.

"Someone who's most likely to sleep in the washroom." Again I had to drink.

So basically I almost drank the most. I was done at one point. Whatever Mason said was always resulting in me having to drink. He did that on purpose. And I felt like everyone was having fun when I was drinking so much. So When I said I was done with drinking, they agreed and just continued drinking and dancing and having fun.

_________________________

Mason's POV-

"Derina, I guess you should go to sleep. We have a meeting to attend." Aiden said to Derina. I was like, wasted, Derina was wasted. So was everyone.

"Aiden, I still remember our kiss you know." Derina slurred. She wasn't able to stand straight and so Aiden was holding her.

Even when I was drunk out of my mind, I felt rage. I felt it more than when I usually feel it when I'm sober. Aiden shouldn't have kissed her.

"Derina, stop it. Just come with me. I'll take you to your-" Aiden was saying.

"No Aiden, I want to stay here. I want to dance. I want to kiss-" Derina was saying but I walked there and yanked Derina out of his hold.

"You need to sleep, come on." I said and started dragging her. She was reluctant.

"You are nobody to order her like that Mason. She was talking to me. And after we are done, I'll drop her to her room." Aiden said.

"Shut the hell up. She was saying nothing to you. You had no right to kiss her in the first place." I said. Wow, we were shouting here and nobody was even paying attention.

"I can kiss her, you know, we've been together in New York and you don't even know what may have happened between us." Aiden finished and I raised my fist to punch him in the face.

"MASON!" Derina screamed and my fist stopped just a centimeter away from Aiden's face.

"Whoa, Mason control yourself." Daniel came to my side. Kyra and Jessica came too.

Aiden laughed. "Look at you. You're getting this angry when I haven't even done anything to Derina. You don't even have anything going on between you guys." He gestured between me and Derina. "But do you know what I felt when she died?" He narrowed his eyes.

"What the fUck are you saying Aiden?" I said. Everyone was really not in their right minds, we needed sleep.

"You killed her Anderson." He said and I got exactly what he was saying. "You killed Marissa. You fUcking killed the girl I loved!" He screamed. My fists were balled on my sides. How could he blame me? And he loved her?

"Aiden, please stop." Derina said but I couldn't look at her. I couldn't look at anyone. Already too much was said, no use telling Aiden to stop now.

"It was your fault. Everyone knows that. Nobody says it to your face." Aiden said. Kyra came and wrapped her hand around my arm. I felt the same pain, the same guilt. Again. I felt
broken. Again.

I just pushed everyone away and walked out of the room. They were calling my name, but I couldn't stop.

______________________

Derina's POV-

Mason was going to hit Aiden. I screamed. I don't know what made me do that. I don't know why I was talking about the kiss with Aiden. Mason was beyond angry. Everyone was beyond wasted.

Mason walked out of the living room. I felt bad. It was because of me that Aiden and Mason were arguing and on the verge of hitting each other. I was drunk and I couldn't think. But as soon as Mason walked out, I rushed to the nearest washroom. I asked someone to get aspirin. I drank water. I had to get sober. I had to be with Mason. I don't think he's going to be able to handle this. He is going to need someone.

"Where did Mason go?" I asked Kyra.

"To his room." She said. And on que we heard a loud noise of glass shattering. I ran to the stairs. I didn't even want to wait for the elevator.

I was rushing up but Mason met me half way. His eyes were bloodshot. I can't understand what it may feel like to be blamed for someone's death.

"Mason wait, Mason-" I said but he passed me and continued down the stairs. I ran behind him.

I was calling his name. Pleading him to stop. "Mason just listen to me. You need to calm down. You know Aiden was drunk. It was not your fault."

"Derina, you have no right to tell me what to do. Don't try to act like my wife or something. You can't always handle everything you know. Let people handle their shit on their own sometimes. And you sure as hell still blame me for your Father's death so it's better if you keep your lectures to yourself." He said.

I took a step back. I couldn't believe he was saying that to me. It hurt. It hurt alot. I felt tears in my eyes. I couldn't believe I was crying already.

"Mason, you don't know what you're talking about. Have you forgotten that we love-" I stopped talking because he moved away from my hand.

"Exactly. You don't. You never did. Or else you wouldn't have left DC like that. If you did, you wouldn't blame me for a thing as bad as killing someone, or being the reason someone died." He said.

Mason jerked my hand away and left the house.

I sank down. Mason's words just kept repeating in my mind. I was just trying to help him. I cared about him, so I was going with him. He was a jerk. I sure can't understand what he was feeling, but he had no right to speak like that to me. I didn't blame him anymore. I didn't blame him for my Dad's death. I couldn't even tell him that.

I wanted to say that I loved him. I was scared. Love has always scared me. I didn't even know if what we felt was love or not.

People can break your heart only if you give them the power to do so. I gave him that power. I gave him that much importance.

The scariest thing is that, we didn't even have to be together, for him to break my heart.

It was that moment when you can actually feel the pain in your chest when someone says or does something.

Maybe it wasn't a lot, maybe it wasn't a big deal, but it did break at least something in my heart. I know, maybe Mason didn't mean it, but I could see the seriousness, hatred in his eyes. What scared me the most was his bloodshot eyes. They held pain. The same pain which they held before he visited his sister in the cemetery.

Everytime we are about to get together forever, something happens. Everytime we are finally happy, something happens.

It's like, we are meant to be broken apart all the time.

_______________________

Please comment and vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.5K 1.3K 17
She has the most biggest challenge yet! Enter Liv Valentine. “You have two months, to make Mr. Cutie over there to fall for you, make him reveal it...
698 23 8
Love? What is love? Some say it's a selfish thing that makes people use you and your emotions , others say it's one of the best experience in life. B...
6.1M 65.2K 25
Madison's life has been one bad thing after the next,but things starts to change when she starts to attend a prestige school for the rich, she does w...
146K 9.1K 46
Falling off her ride is always a risk, but falling for her teammate may hurt more. ...