Him and I

By Devaanshii

Meet Derina Williams, every guy's dream girl. She's smart and popular, extremely rich and the most beautiful... More

Chapter 1: Me
Chapter 2: First day
Chapter 3: First day(part 2)
Chapter 4: First meet
Chapter 5: Jessica and Nick
Chapter 6: Jessica's Birthday
Chapter 7: Birthday Party
Chapter 8: Party (part 2)
Chapter 9: Party (part 3)
Chapter 10: Mason and skating
Chapter 11: Derina and teasing
Chapter 12: The Race
Chapter 13: Drifting
Chapter 14: Attending classes
Chapter 15: School and club
Chapter 16: Club and drunk
Chapter 17: Gossip
Chapter 18: Beach
Chapter 19: New beginnings
Chapter 20: Football and Mason
Chapter 21: Movie Night
Chapter 22: The Best Night
Chapter 23: Hawaii
Chapter 24: Him and I
Chapter 25: I choose you
Chapter 26: The Wedding
Chapter 27: Christmas
Chapter 28: We are done
Chapter 29: NYC
Chapter 30: We meet again
Not a Chapter
Chapter 31: It was Marissa
Chapter 32: I'm sorry
Chapter 34: It suits you
Chapter 35: Broken
Chapter 36: Need
Chapter 37: Accident
Chapter 38: I'm attracted
Chapter 39: Non cliché
Chapter 40: Old times
Chapter 41: Infinity? Ironic
Chapter 42: Mason, drunk and Bed
Chapter 43: Red Roses
Chapter 44: Anderson house
Chapter 45: Catching up
Chapter 46: Hopelessly in Love
Chapter 47: Him and I, Again
Chapter 48: Nostalgia
Chapter 49: A walk to remember
Chapter 50: Trekking
Chapter 51: You're the one
Chapter 52: Fifty shades
Not a chapter
Chapter 53: Derina and Danger
Chapter 54: Escaping

Chapter 33: Pranks

618 23 1
By Devaanshii

Happy Reading:)

______________________

Mason's POV-

Looking at Derina, seeing her smile, was beautiful.Anyone who has seen her smile has known perfection. She instills grace in every common thing and divinity in every careless gesture.

She just said sorry to me, but it felt great. I actually felt like I have a chance with her. Again.

God. I don't know how this is going to happen. I know she just kissed Aiden the other day, but I couldn't care less. I want her. I've always wanted her. She makes me happy. She has always been able to make me smile. I really don't know how I stayed for two years, without her with me.

Now that we are fine, it's scarring me. I don't know, if we come close again, something is going to happen again. It's always been like that. Everytime we come together, we are torn apart.

But honestly after today, I don't give a damn about concequences. I have to fight for her. I'm still scared to even think about love. It is really hard to admit. I don't know whether all this has come to love yet. Even if it has, it scares me shitless.

I feel now, that I was not simply close to her, but that I did not know where I ended and she began.

I didn't know how I was going to tell her about Ashley, her family and mine. How was I going to explain it to her?

_____________________

Derina's POV-

I was happy today. I felt light. I apologized to Nathan, Mason and Mom.

When I came back home, I immediately walked towards Mom. I explained everything to her. About Dad. About why I didn't tell her. I was scared of her knowing it because I didn't know what she would do because she loved Dad so much. More than anything. I apologized for leaving her. We had a decent heart to heart after a long time. It felt nice. It felt like old times were back.

I got ready and rushed out of the house. All of us were meeting at Daniel's house. Why, I don't know. It's just something about being back from NYC and just having a friends time and his Mom wanted to meet us all properly after we were back.

_____________________

I reached his house and called Jessica in the backyard. She was already at his house.

"Hey, I want to apologise-" Jessica started saying but I stopped her.

"No Jess. You don't have to. It's me who needs to apologise. I'm sorry for being ignorant and unobservant."

"I know you had too much going on in your life Derina. It's okay."

"No it's not. I never pay attention to others. I've been a bitch to you too. I'm sorry. And you know what, I'm ready to listen to all you have to say. What's up with you?"

"Derina, it's uh-" She looked at her feet. "It's my parents."

"What about them?"

"They are separating." I didn't see that, coming. I mean, her parents were happy. I've seen them from when I was a little kid.

"What?! Why would they do that?" I put my hand on her shoulder.

"They don't want to stay together anymore. When we were in NYC, they fought alot. Not one day goes without arguments and big fights between them. Dad says that now he has reached a point where he doesn't want the same thing going on in the house everyday."

"I'm so sorry Jessica." I hugged her and tears were already streaming down her face.

"I've had Dan and Nathan through all this. But you were distant the whole time we were in NYC. And Nick, he has changed. I don't know why, but he acts all different. I don't think he wants this relationship anymore."

"No Jess, he wouldn't want to leave you ever. We all know how much he loves you."

"I don't know Derina. But I'm glad you're with me now. Not talking to you about all this, was just too much to handle." She smiled. I smiled back.

"I'm always gonna be here from now onwards." We sat and talked. She talked more. For the first time I felt that I was actually lending my ear to someone. I felt nice. I felt happy because now everything was fine between us. Obviously I was sad for Jessica. I don't understand why her parents would do this.

___________________

"Oh my God, no! It's Afternoon. I don't think this is a time to watch a horror movie. Are you guys insane?!" I screamed.

"Are you saying that you want to watch it at night, when it's dark?" Aiden asked me and raised his eyebrows smirking. How I would love to wipe that smirk off his face.

"Hell no." Nick said. I saw Nick sitting at one end of the room and Jess sitting at the opposite end with Mason. What was up with them? I've observed a bit from a month ago. Oh my God! I hope it's not something about their break up or something. Again.

"Are you scared Williams?" Oh, of course Mason had to open his big mouth.

"It won't work on me again, Mason. I don't want to watch it and so I won't." I said to him from my place on the floor.

He narrowed his eyes at me. I narrowed my eyes too. What was his problem? I didn't want to watch a horror movie.

"So we are watching The Ring." Kyra said. I looked at her. She was already setting up the CD. Really? I don't think so. She is the only girl who isn't scared.

"Uh no. If you haven't been listening, I am not watching anything." I said. Dan and Nathan were saying something about being a spoilsport.

"Hey guys!" It was Ashley.

"Ashley, hey, where were you?" Mason asked her. She immediately went and sat next to him. What was the deal with that girl? Okay Mason is not mine or something, but still. Plus Aiden gets all tensed when she's around.

"Aren't you her Mom?" Aiden asked Mason. I didn't know why he would say something like that.

"I don't think you have to say anything here, Aiden." Ashley said to him.

"Really?" Aiden asked her challengingly. Ashley also matched his gaze.

"Aiden stop it." I said to him softly and hit his arm.

"Oh come on Derina. If you watch the movie then I'll cook for you." Mason said.

"Why would I want to eat food cooked by you?" I asked him.

"Your food can have the possibility of killing a zombie." Aiden snorted.

"It's funny how the people who know me the least have the most to say about me." Mason glared at Aiden. Okay we could all see the tension here between the both of them. I just don't want Aiden to snap and say something about his sister. Marissa.

"Shut up guys! Mason cooks like a pro." Kyra said. All eyes turned towards her and Mason managed to let out a small smile.

"And Derina, he cooks the Best Roast Chicken." Jessica told me with a big grin. Now that's a weakness. I love chicken. More than anything. Plus Kyra said that it tastes better than the dishes in any hotel.

I don't want to know how Jessica knows about Mason cooking, but it surprised me. Mason cooking. That's supposed to be amazing. The view, and the food too. Hmm, I need to snap out of this.

His Mom had told me once while we were at his house about him cooking. I doubt that he won't make a mess of the Kitchen. But this offer was not something I could deny to. It was CHICKEN.

Mason was smirking at me. I was thinking about all this and I'm sure he now knows that Jessica has hit the correct point.

"Fine." So now we were all seated in front of the big screen. I have no idea how Mason was again the one sitting next to me. I was stuck between Mason and Aiden.

The movie sucked. My throat was sore because of all the screaming I was doing.

"Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, OH MY GOD." Aiden clamped his hand on my mouth. I looked at him.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Calm down." He was tired of all the screams. But I wasn't the only one screaming. And I really don't get this, how can guys not get scared. I mean, there was Nick who was scared, even Daniel screamed. But Nathan, Mason and Aiden, what are they made of? Really.

"I'm done okay. I have only this much capacity to watch this shit. Enough." I pushed Aiden's hand away and got up. Mason laughed. I'm gonna kill him.

"You should've seen your face, Mason, MASON! MASON I'M SCARED." He mimicked a scared girl's high pitched voice.

"I did NOT sound like that." I put my hands on my hips because everybody was laughing.

"Exactly! You sounded like this, 'I can't watch this movie anymore! Please AIDEN AAHHH, Switch It Off.!" He shouted all this in an even more irritating voice. God, I was so going to kill them both today. You know what, this actually calls for revenge.

I smiled sweetly at them both. I sat down at my place again. Ah, sweet revenge.

I know exactly what I'm gonna do. I excused myself and went to the washroom. I was so happy Mason had got his Lamborghini today. He loves that car more than anything.

I made a phone call after I was done in the washroom. I went back to the room. Everyone was talking and thank God the movie was switched off.

"Aiden, you wanted to use the washroom right? Don't go on the one on the ground floor, it has a flush problem." I told him and he nodded with a weird look. Obviously why would someone tell you to go use the washroom. But he still got up. I was waiting. This was gonna be fun. We all went to the kitchen.

Daniel's Mom was giving Mason all the necessary stuff for cooking.

"Daniel knows nothing about the kitchen you know." His Mom said and we chuckled.

"Oh please, I know where instant noodles are, instant soup and oh I know where orange juice is." He smiled. Everyone knows that.

"Mason, you make your dish, I'll make mine." Dan's Mom said.

"Does that mean it'll be Mac n cheese?" I asked her.

She smiled. "Yes, even that. I've missed all of you for two years you know." She chuckled.

"Where is Aiden?" Ashley asked. I just shrugged.

"DERINA!" It was Aiden's scream. Shit, it happened. I laughed. Loudly. Everyone was looking at me because they didn't know what had happened.

"It's something about saran wrap." I said between laughs and Nathan knew what I was talking about.

"Oh my God, you didn't." He laughed. I nodded. I so did.

He started explaining what happens when there's saran wrap on the toilet seat.

"Oh Williams, you're so dead." Aiden barked from the bottom of the steps. He looked pissed. Damn. Obviously he would get pissed because of his piss. Haha!

I laughed but ran as fast as I could. Laughing was slowing me down. I was running all around the living room. He caught me and I still couldn't stop laughing.

"Glad, you're finding this funny. You're so gonna regret this." He smirked. Now what was he gonna do? This was a never ending chain. I do something, he'll do something worse.

I somehow managed to break out of his hold and apologized for the sake of it. We walked into the kitchen. Mason was actually cooking like a pro. Not a thing out of place. He looked hot. It was as if he knew exactly what he was doing. No mess at all. I walked towards him and just touched the book on the counter he was reading from. He swat my hand away.

"God, you're so annoying." I muttered.

"I wonder what you're planning on doing to me. I made fun of you too." He actually looked kind of eager to know what I would do to him.

"Nothing much." I said and smiled.

"Oh no, what you did to Aiden was mean. Really bad. And you have that look on your face which says, 'ooh I'm so gonna enjoy what's coming next.'"

He was right about that. I just chuckled and walked to where everyone was seated.

___________________

The food was amazing. I mean I had never eaten anything so delicious. I ate too much was an understatement. I couldn't get up from the chair, really. Plus I ate ice cream on top of it all.

We were all standing on the front steps of Daniel's house.

"Okay guys, I'll see you tomorrow." Nick said and walked towards his car.

"Today was fun." Daniel said and everyone nodded and agreed. Yes it was. But the real fun is going to happen right now.

"Come on Jess, I'll drop you home." Mason said to her and she nodded.

"Oh, then I'll drop Ashley." Aiden said and I looked at him.

"You can come with me Ashley." He said.

"I don't really want to go with anyone of you. I have my driver already." Ashley said to them both. I chuckled softly. These guys were crazy. But Mason sure had a soft spot for her.

"Jessica wait. Let Mason go and get the car to the front." I caught Jessica's arm. Now I wouldn't want her to get all glittery. I did a small happy dance in my mind. Mason frowned but still walked to his car.

"What did you do Derina?" Nathan asked me.

I had placed an envelope in Mason's car. It was full of glitter. I was going to glitter bomb his beloved car. But I wasn't so sure if Mason would open the envelope. He wasn't that dumb.

"DERINA WILLIAMS!" That was the second time I burst out laughing hard today. It was Mason's voice. I didn't know he would actually open it.

He came running towards the door, he looked pissed and plus, sparkly like Edward Cullen. I was almost on the floor laughing. Everyone was laughing.

"I knew you had an obsession for the Sparkly Vampire." Aiden said and laughed.

"Messing with me was alright you know, but messing with my car, you shouldn't have done that." Mason said to me.

"Oh, this was fun. You look great. Your car is gonna need washing, still it won't come out easily and you, all the best coming back to our normal skin colour." I laughed again. In three- four steps he was in front of me and before I could move, the envelope was on my head upside down. All the sparkle fell on my hair. HAIR! MY FUCKING HAIR.

"Mason's dead now." Daniel said.

"Not if I kill her first." Mason said. I was so angry I couldn't get words out of my mouth.

"Do you even know Mason, how hard it's gonna be to take out all this crap from long hair?" Kyra said and came to inspect my head. Ashley agreed.

"I'm not coming with you in that car Mason. Goodnight." Jessica said and pulled me along with her.

"Anderson, just so you know, this isn't over yet." I said to him and narrowed my eyes. He glared at me too and smirked.

"I'm least interested to finish something that's going to be this interesting." He said and then I and Jess walked towards my car.

Today was actually fun. Apart from the arguments between Mason and Aiden, everything felt like before. We had fun. Being back home felt nice. And all these pranks and all, God help Mason now. Aiden took the safe road by not getting back at me.

I'll make sure Mason regrets this. I was tired of bathing when I had washed my hair like hundred times. Still, there was glitter everywhere on the floor. This sucks.

____________________

I just changed into comfy pajama shorts and a t-shirt and plopped on the bed. I was tired. My phone rang.

It was a text from Aiden.

"We leave for Seattle tomorrow. For our new hotel!" -A

Oh shit. Seattle. I had completely forgotten about the new hotel which we were doing in a partnership. Aiden's Dad had suggested it. God! I'm tired of managing all this.

There was another text on our group chat.

"Mason has a race in Seattle day after tomorrow. We should go. It'll be so much fun!" -Kyra.

Everyone started responding with Yes, Wow and all.

Okay Great! All of us together. It's gonna be a disaster for all the pranks we'll do in Seattle.

_______________________

Please comment and vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

419K 12.9K 22
The ideal life for everybody is to have a rich family, 6 brothers that adore you, a wonderful boyfriend, and have perfect life. Right? Wrong...
451 24 9
Love? What is love? Some say it's a selfish thing that makes people use you and your emotions , others say it's one of the best experience in life. B...
13.1K 494 58
There are three things Kaitlin should know: 1. Do NOT test the new bad boy 2. Do NOT keep in contact with the bad boy 3. And Do NOT and I repeat DO...
419K 9.2K 47
Avery Reyes decided to leave her old town and move across the country. She was fresh out of college and found a job in a small town of Indiana. Her o...