Him and I

By Devaanshii

Meet Derina Williams, every guy's dream girl. She's smart and popular, extremely rich and the most beautiful... More

Chapter 1: Me
Chapter 2: First day
Chapter 3: First day(part 2)
Chapter 4: First meet
Chapter 5: Jessica and Nick
Chapter 6: Jessica's Birthday
Chapter 7: Birthday Party
Chapter 8: Party (part 2)
Chapter 9: Party (part 3)
Chapter 10: Mason and skating
Chapter 11: Derina and teasing
Chapter 12: The Race
Chapter 13: Drifting
Chapter 14: Attending classes
Chapter 15: School and club
Chapter 16: Club and drunk
Chapter 17: Gossip
Chapter 18: Beach
Chapter 19: New beginnings
Chapter 20: Football and Mason
Chapter 21: Movie Night
Chapter 22: The Best Night
Chapter 23: Hawaii
Chapter 24: Him and I
Chapter 26: The Wedding
Chapter 27: Christmas
Chapter 28: We are done
Chapter 29: NYC
Chapter 30: We meet again
Not a Chapter
Chapter 31: It was Marissa
Chapter 32: I'm sorry
Chapter 33: Pranks
Chapter 34: It suits you
Chapter 35: Broken
Chapter 36: Need
Chapter 37: Accident
Chapter 38: I'm attracted
Chapter 39: Non clichรฉ
Chapter 40: Old times
Chapter 41: Infinity? Ironic
Chapter 42: Mason, drunk and Bed
Chapter 43: Red Roses
Chapter 44: Anderson house
Chapter 45: Catching up
Chapter 46: Hopelessly in Love
Chapter 47: Him and I, Again
Chapter 48: Nostalgia
Chapter 49: A walk to remember
Chapter 50: Trekking
Chapter 51: You're the one
Chapter 52: Fifty shades
Not a chapter
Chapter 53: Derina and Danger
Chapter 54: Escaping

Chapter 25: I choose you

765 28 5
By Devaanshii

The media on top is Amelia and Andrew.

Happy Reading:)

___________________________

Derina's POV-

Meeting Grandma felt great after such a long time. Mason had enjoyed himself with her today, I could tell from his face. He was just happy. I had accepted that I actually kind of liked him alot. Who am I kidding? It was a lot of liking, more than liking. I am kinda scared of the four letter L word. Not 'like', the other one. I just feel scared already, that when I get close to someone, there's this more strong chance of losing that person.

I don't want my heart to break beyond repair. I don't want it to not be able to love again.

"Where were you guys!? I'm gonna kill you. I'm freaking out here. It's my sister's wedding." Daniel shouted on top of his voice.

"Daniel! Calm down. The wedding is tomorrow. Just calm the hell down." I shook him by his shoulders. I was consoling him.

"What a dramatic guy!" Mason rolled his eyes.

"Daniel you need to sleep for sometime I guess. You need rest." Tina came by his side and dragged him out.

"So how was your little date, guys?" Jess came in and asked us.

"It was not a date."
"It was good."

Yeah, the second one was Mason's reply. I looked at him with wide eyes. He smirked and walked out.

"Where did you go?" Nathan asked me.

"Just out." I replied as simply as possible. I didn't wanna get into  shouted. I actually rushed out to go to the hotel and get ready. Facing everyone and especially Nathan about something like this was the last thing I wanted to do.

____________________________

I was sitting on the bed in my room. Jessica was getting ready. She was on her second layer of mascara.

"Don't you want to go to the dinner? What has happened to you Derina? Why are you acting weird?"

"I don't know. I just, I like Mason, more than like actually."

"So?"

"What? I said I think I'm falling for Mason freaking Anderson!" I shouted.

Her reaction was 'so?' and that wasn't the kind of reaction I wanted out of her. She should've been surprised or something.

"Say it again."

"Why would I say it again?"

"See? You're still not accepting it." She said and looked at me through the mirror.

A knock on the door got us out of our stare down. Jessica got up. So I sat on the chair and started my make-up. She was talking to someone on the door. A guy's voice I guessed. Mason.

He came in the bedroom and stood by the door. I saw him through the mirror and heard the front door close. Jessica left.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him. He was dressed in his tux, looking as good as ever.

"I hate the red color on your lips."

"Why's that?"

"It makes me want to kiss you again."

"You're saying it as if you want to kiss me again."

"Oh, I do want to kiss you again, Williams." I turned to look at him. He was walking towards me. I got up and stood in front of him.

"Screw it." He muttered to himself and smashed his lips on mine. I was startled really. After the track, I had been dreaming about kissing him again everyday. And atlast when it happened, I was so shocked that I just stood there until he deepened the kiss and the sparks reached my toes and then I laced my fingers in his hair and kissed him back with equal force. If breathing weren't important I wouldn't have stopped kissing him, ever.

"I told you not to kiss me again."

"I can't say it Derina! It's hard. I'm scared, scared that something bad will happen. It always happens whenever I get close to someone!" He almost shouted after our heated make out session. I walked towards him. I took hold of his hand in mine. I squeezed it once and he squeezed it back. Gesturing that he understands.

"Live in the moment. Go where life is taking you Mason. There's no use running away from what gives you happiness. And this, gives me happiness." I got on my toes and pressed my lips to his again. I understand why Mason feels like everything will slip through his hands. I understand what losing a person you love will make you feel. But I have to make him realize that holding on to that person is the best way to let that fear go away.

I didn't even care about the lipstick smudging dangerously on his mouth and mine. It was funny. So I laughed.

Mason couldn't say those words to me. I wasn't expecting the 'three words and eight letters', but he couldn't even say that he felt something for me. And it was okay, really. I was glad that he decided to show it to me directly by kissing me. And in that kiss I got everything he wanted to say to me. And again, looking at him, made me realize, how much I had fallen for him.

__________________________

I was waiting on the entrance of the hall. Everyone was inside. The hall was beautifully decorated with light blue and gold. I saw Amelia and her soon to be husband standing together and the way they looked at each other in adoration, the way they laughed and talked, I couldn't help but imagine me and Mason. I was standing there. I looked down at my dress. I don't know, I just didn't know how to face Mason. We had almost confessed that we want to be together.

A hand came on my lower back. I looked to my side. It was Nathan. I smiled at him. He looked handsome. But for one second I wished that it was Mason.

"Come on, let's go in." He said and smiled. But when I started walking he stopped me and looked at me. From up to down and smiled. "You look gorgeous."

"Thanks." I chuckled. When we walked in, I saw Mason leaning on a wall and talking animatedly with Jess, Nick and Derek. Daniel rushed towards me and Nathan.

"Derina, are you ready to sing? Amelia has told Andrew that the song you're singing, the words and everything is for him from her." I smiled at Daniel. He was freaking out for no reason from yesterday.

"Yes Dan. Don't worry okay. I've chosen the perfect song. Just calm down, everything is going to be fine. I know you're freaking a bit. Try not to cry. The wedding's tomorrow. Arrange the piano." I smiled and squeezed his arm.

Mason was about to walk towards me but he saw Nathan with me and a hard expression took over his face and then Nathan's parents and mine walked towards us. My Mom and Dad, after a long time looked happy.

"Derina, you look beautiful." Theresa told me and Nathan's Dad agreed with her.

"Sing well." Dad came to me and gave me a light side hug and kissed my head. Being this close to Dad again felt so good. I felt light and confident. I loved my Dad, forgetting all wrong he did.

I walked to the piano. There was a microphone placed there and I took it and gathered everyone's attention.
"Hey, I'm Derina Williams. Daniel's best friend. I'm here to sing a song for Amelia's wedding. A song she dedicates to Andrew. I wish they live happily forever." Everyone clapped and sat down according to their seating arrangements. All our friends were on one big table. Amelia was holding Andrew's hand and she gave me a thumbs up. I smiled back at them both. I didn't know Andrew but I was sure of the immense love he has for Amelia.

You're my always You're my forever You're my reality

You're my sunshine You're my best times You're my anomaly

And I'd choose you

In a hundred lifetimes I'd choose you
In a hundred worlds I'd find Y ou...

When the sky is falling

And I'd say, "I do"
For the rest of my life
With all that I have, I do
And I will

When the sky is falling

I promise you I'm all in,
No turning back.

Every day, every moment, Every breath you take... I choose you.

This is more than just a wedding
This is etched into eternity.

With our union we will move mountains We will live on our knees

And He'd choose us
In a hundred lifetimes
He'd choose us
In a hundred worlds He'd find us...

And we'd say, "We do" For the rest of our lives With all that we have we do And we will

When the sky turns black and He comes back Riding on the clouds Every day, every moment, Every breath we take, We'll choose You.

Look into my eyes dear
This is where it starts
I'll give you my whole heart for my whole life.

And I say, "I do"
For the rest of my life With all that I have, I do And I will

When the sky is falling

I promise you I'm all in, No turning back. Every day, every moment, Every breath you take...

I choose you.

When I looked up, I saw tears in Amelia's eyes. They both were standing and then they walked towards me. She hugged me. I loved the lyrics of the song too.
"Thank you Derina." I patted her back and rubbed it soothingly.

Andrew gave me a little hesitant side hug too and said thanks to me. I really felt good after that.

I walked back towards everyone. Everybody was saying that it was beautiful. But I was looking at Mason. My one and only.

"I'll choose you over everything Mason. Every single time." I said slowly meaning every word I said.

"I'll choose you too. But there won't be a time ever when I'll have to choose between you and something else. You're the one for me. Forever." He closed the distance between us and kissed me. Aware of the people watching us. I heard our friends hooting and all. But nothing really mattered in that moment. I knew Mason meant every word that he said too. When we pulled back someone cleared their throat. It was my parents. And just when I was about to explain, Mr. and Mrs. Anderson walked there too.

"Uh-" I started.
"We are together." Mason said easily, with no hesitation, at all.

"We can see that son." Mr. Anderson said.

"When did this happen? You didn't tell me Derina." My Mom.

"I'm so happy for the both of you." Cassandra was the only one at ease.

"I am happy that you finally managed to confess to each other." Dad smiled, Oh My God. Even Dad wasn't upset. He actually looked happy. Seeing that he worked with Mr. Anderson. I was feeling nervous and embarrassed was nothing in what happened when all our friends came to us.

Nathan looked mad. Kyra couldn't care less about whatever happened. Jessica was grinning widely and Nick was happy too. Derek and the twins were teasing us and Daniel. Well he freaked out more.

"Derina that song was a-mazing. And the kiss after that. I'm happy for you two. I always knew something was going on here. But dare you break her heart Mason. I'll kill you. Derina is like another sister to me. Shit tomorrow is Amelia's wedding!"

I hugged Daniel to control him. Everyone was laughing. Daniel's parents came to me and praised me too for the song.

"Tina please take care of Daniel. He's gonna go crazy till tomorrow." I laughed and told Tina. She laughed too and nodded. I've loved Tina and Daniel. They are a great couple. They don't have all rubbish drama between them. The break-up, patch-up kind.

Everyone was happy. Hawaii was sure magical, for Mason and me. For us.

______________________

Please comment and vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

698 23 8
Love? What is love? Some say it's a selfish thing that makes people use you and your emotions , others say it's one of the best experience in life. B...
30.2K 1.3K 50
She doesn't fit in the family. Her family is perfect if you don't include her. Her family is overprotective of her. She is a dreamer. She is a bird...
295K 7.9K 42
She's troublesome. He lives for trouble. Both embedded with their own secrets and lies. A girl who's self-destruction leads her to a camp for delinqu...
146K 9.1K 46
Falling off her ride is always a risk, but falling for her teammate may hurt more. ...