Him and I

By Devaanshii

Meet Derina Williams, every guy's dream girl. She's smart and popular, extremely rich and the most beautiful... More

Chapter 1: Me
Chapter 2: First day
Chapter 3: First day(part 2)
Chapter 4: First meet
Chapter 5: Jessica and Nick
Chapter 6: Jessica's Birthday
Chapter 7: Birthday Party
Chapter 8: Party (part 2)
Chapter 9: Party (part 3)
Chapter 10: Mason and skating
Chapter 11: Derina and teasing
Chapter 12: The Race
Chapter 13: Drifting
Chapter 15: School and club
Chapter 16: Club and drunk
Chapter 17: Gossip
Chapter 18: Beach
Chapter 19: New beginnings
Chapter 20: Football and Mason
Chapter 21: Movie Night
Chapter 22: The Best Night
Chapter 23: Hawaii
Chapter 24: Him and I
Chapter 25: I choose you
Chapter 26: The Wedding
Chapter 27: Christmas
Chapter 28: We are done
Chapter 29: NYC
Chapter 30: We meet again
Not a Chapter
Chapter 31: It was Marissa
Chapter 32: I'm sorry
Chapter 33: Pranks
Chapter 34: It suits you
Chapter 35: Broken
Chapter 36: Need
Chapter 37: Accident
Chapter 38: I'm attracted
Chapter 39: Non cliché
Chapter 40: Old times
Chapter 41: Infinity? Ironic
Chapter 42: Mason, drunk and Bed
Chapter 43: Red Roses
Chapter 44: Anderson house
Chapter 45: Catching up
Chapter 46: Hopelessly in Love
Chapter 47: Him and I, Again
Chapter 48: Nostalgia
Chapter 49: A walk to remember
Chapter 50: Trekking
Chapter 51: You're the one
Chapter 52: Fifty shades
Not a chapter
Chapter 53: Derina and Danger
Chapter 54: Escaping

Chapter 14: Attending classes

879 36 0
By Devaanshii

Hey guys! Hope you're enjoying the book.

And it's not ending very soon. Dw;)

Happy Reading:)

__________________________________

Derina's POV-

"Come on Mason, I challenge you. Finish going through the track in less than 5 Minutes." I said to Mason.

We were on the tracks. He had told me that his Dad was the one who had completed the track in 5 minutes. The only one who could do it that fast.

"Are you challenging me again? Aren't you tired of losing all the time Derina?" He took a step close to me. I pushed him back by putting my hands on his chest. Hard chest. Hot. He saw my flushed face and smirked.

"What do I get if I win?" He asked raising his brow.

"Anything you want." I smirked.

"I'm gonna win Williams, and you will regret this challenge." He said and walked to the car and got in. He sat behind the wheel and Saluted me and smirked before taking off. I started the timer.

I was watching him, do all his skills, he was the best. Seeing him race was always so so- What? His car drifted past the road and flipped.

"MASON!"

___________________________

I woke up with sweat on my forehead. Again. What the hell was wrong with me? All these nightmares were making me sick. My mom being in it was different. I loved her more than anything in the world but Mason? Why would I see such a horrible dream? I looked to the side table. It was 8:00 am. That dream sucked. I took a deep breath and walked towards the bathroom.

__________

I reached Nathan's house, I was picking him up today. We had to talk about him and Kyra.

"Come out Nathan! We're gonna get late!" I shouted on the phone.

"Yeah that's because you are late as usual." He said calmly.

"Look I'm gonna attend class today, just get your ass out." I said irritated.

"You're gonna attend classes?!" He shouted from his entrance and hung up the call. I took a deep breath. Exams were coming soon.

"Get in!" I said angrily. "Don't test my patience." I said. He looked at me when he got inside and threw his bag behind.

"Is it your time of the month or you forgot to take your meds in morning?" He smirked. Okay it was my TOTM.

"Shut the hell up." I started driving towards school.

"Go slow Derina, this isn't tracks." He looked at me and said. Shit. I was driving very fast.

"What happened between you and Kyra?" I got to the point.

"Well, uh-" He scratched the back of his neck. "We were drunk at the party, but we kissed," I looked at him with wide eyes! He just met her. "And we both didn't regret it. Don't give me that look Dare. Not everyone's like you. We do show our feelings for someone if we like them. So we're kinda together, I just have to ask her out properly." He finished.

"I didn't find anyone for whom I would want to show my feelings. Unlike your Playboy ways. You keep changing girls like dirty clothes, you know that." I said.

"She's different Derina. I did like you but then we were friends for so long that I didn't want to put that friendship into risk. So I kept myself busy with other girls. And Kyra is the kind of girl anyone would want. Sure she is not you but she's good the way she is." He said. I was looking at him. I couldn't look at the road.

"Derinaa! Look at the road!" He shouted. I turned in time. Phew.

"This was not a time to confess your feelings to me y'know." I told him and parked the car in my usual place. Kyra was looking at my car, she just got out of her car. She couldn't see inside my car because the windows were tinted black.

"I thought you knew. Everyone knew. It wasn't a secret you know." He said. Okay I was actually clueless.

"I didn't. And I'm sorry but I can't risk our friendship too." I smiled at him.
"But anyone would be lucky to have you Nathan." I said sincerely.

"I love you Derina Williams." He said and wiped a fake tear off his eye. Dramatic much.

"I love you too." I rolled my eyes.

Saying 'I love you too' and saying 'I am in love with you' was different for me. In love.

We both got out of the car. Kyra walked to us.

"Hey Kyra!" I wished her.

"Hey Derina." It sounded a bit bitchy. What was wrong with her today? It was me who was PMSing.

She looked at me once and went directly for Nathan's lips. Oh My God.
I looked away. What was she doing? As if to show it to me.

"Do you want me to do the same for you?" His deep raspy voice whispered in my ear from behind me. A shiver ran down my spine. It was so hot. His breath fanning my ear. I moved away and turned to look at him.

"No thanks. Anderson." I said, turned and started walking towards school.

"Who would say no to this?" He motioned towards his body walking along with me. That, is right.

He smirked."You want me so much. Say it Derina." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"I. Do. Not." I said. Why was this affecting me so much. Plus this monthly cycle was fUcking with my head. Exam stress on top of all.

He caught my arm and turned me towards him. He pulled me towards himself. My hands went on his chest out of reflex. "Really Derina? Deny all you want." I was looking into his deep eyes. They were mesmerizing.

"Let me go." I looked around and Maya had already clicked a picture of us. Okayy. This was gonna come in the gossip magazine, front page.

"By the way. Denial looks cute on you."He said. "And one more thing," He came forward and whispered in my ear, his cheek touching the side of my forehead. He was taller. Obviously. "You're the one who is still holding me." He went back and winked at me.

I looked at our position, sure he had left my arms and and I was the one holding him close by his t-shirt in fist-fulls. My breathing was rough because of the effect of him being so close to my face. He smelt amazing.

Nathan and Kyra came to us and Nathan coughed lightly. I looked at him and he was staring at at my hands on Mason's chest. I left Mason and cleared my throat. It eases the tension so I do it always.

"W- whatever." I said. I put one arm distance between us. What was happening to me? I need to control myself. Stupid hormones.

"Where are you going?" He chuckled.

"I am going to the chemistry lecture." Daniel would be waiting for me. Nathan and Kyra were talking something.

"I'm coming too." Mason said. He put his hand on my waist and pushed me to walk forward. What was with him following me and all the touching. It was making me uncomfortable. Tingles were rushing wherever he touched me. But everything felt different after the night at the track. It felt as if we came closer.

"We are coming too." Nathan said. When I looked at him, Kyra wrapped her hand around his arm, protectively.
What the hell?

"Okay!" Mason said and pulled me inside.

___________

Mason, Daniel, Nathan and Kyra entered with me in the classroom. The lecture had already started. We walked in and every eye was wide along with the teacher.

"S-settle d-down." The teacher said.

"Can you guys pay attention to what is being taught rather than looking at us?" Daniel shouted.

I sat on the second last bench and Mason sat behind me. He was tapping my shoulder continuously and asking me stupid and funny questions. Nathan was looking at me all the time whenever I heard Mason talking and chuckled.

What was all this about Nathan and Kyra, I don't understand. Daniel sent me a note. Ugh. One day we attend class and nobody let's me pay attention.

'I want to talk to you after this class.' Daniel wrote. I looked at him and nodded.

I looked at Mason's sheet in front of him over my shoulder and saw that it was completely filled with the reactions we had to write. He did it? Oh Shit. He was able to write everything? I had 3.7 GPA. Not 4.0 but satisfactory enough.

Mason saw me eyeing his paper and so he came forward, "Why so surprised Derina?" He asked with amusement. I just turned my attention back on the teacher.

"Mr. Carter I would rather you look at the board than looking at Ms. Williams." The teacher said. He was looking at me?

Some students snickered. Nathan glared at Mason once and looked in the front.

________

The lecture got over and before I could rush out of class I was being dragged by Daniel to the side.

"What is it Dan?" I asked.

"It's Nathan. He's acting all possessive, don't you see the way he looks at you and Mason?" He said. Why would he? He's dating Kyra.

"He's with Kyra. Why would he care about me and Mason?" I asked.

"Because you guys are acting all mushy. What happened after the race? Why did you both stay back?" He asked.

"Because-" I scratched my forehead. "I wanted to drive on the track." I said and didn't say that Mason forced me.

"When did racing interest you?" He asked.

"Stop with 20 questions Daniel. I have fun with Mason and I like his company. So what?" I said.

"That's good you're paying attention to a boy, your Mom was asking me if you were straight or not." He laughed. I glared at him. "But I think Nathan doesn't like Kyra, he's doing it to get a reaction out of you." Oh! no wonder she is showing him off in front of me because she feels insecure.

"I don't feel anything. At all." I sighed. "I don't want him to lead Kyra on." Daniel nodded and we walked to the next class.

__________

Mason's POV-

I didn't know what was with me wanting to touch Derina and tease her all the time. I was well aware of her getting affected by my touch. But she didn't know that I was feeling sparks too. Cliché as fUck.

Nathan and Kyra were acting all weird. I thought Nathan had the hots for Derina the way he was glaring at me. God knows what's going on there.
See if I care!

Nathan definitely wants Derina, that's for sure. But that won't happen.

I was well aware of the gossip queen clicking our pictures but I didn't mind at all.

Derina was totally moody and cranky today. I guess it was her time of the month.

Nobody understands that beneath this bad boy look and attitude, I am kind of a nerd. In my old school I was taking all higher classes. That's another reason that teachers never bothered me. I laughed at Derina looking at my paper.

I purposely paid attention to a hot blonde girl in the hallway after the lecture and I saw Derina staring daggers at us. She was definitely jealous. I was just ruffling her feathers.

But one thing I was sure of, there was something between us. The feels we got when we touched. Her breath hitching when we were close.

I liked it all. I was actually for once interested in a girl. Not the kind to take her to my bed.

Did I like her?

____________________________________

What about Mason's confusion about liking her or not? I am Not so happy with this chapter. But it was important to show that Nathan was getting worked up.

Please Comment and vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146K 9.1K 46
Falling off her ride is always a risk, but falling for her teammate may hurt more. ...
1M 21.8K 52
Guardians of Freecaster High #1 "That doesn't make any sense. You were the one who left me. You didn't care anymore." "If I didn't care, Alexis, then...
1K 242 23
~ I put my foot down and drive to the first corner. The track is always wet at the start of the day as the water truck is able to go out and keep it...
6.9K 25 36
SIA CARTER, A 17-YEAR-OLD TEEN, A DAUGHTER OF A BILLIONAIRE WHO LOVES TO LIVE A SIMPLE LIFE LIKE OTHERS, DOESN'T LIKE ATTENTION AS MUCH AS SHE LOVES...