complicated; jonah marais {CO...

By sadboiseavey

"im still in love with you Jonah" Lucy confesses "I'm sorry Lucy, I just - im not - I don't feel the same wa... More

1. meeting
2. (cute) new kid?
3. happy birthday
4. two years
5. we're done
6. just a little kiss
7. what to do now
8. bye :(
PSA
10. pain
11. D8
an apology.
12. i missed u
13. hi there
14. angel
15. hell
PSA
16. crush?
17. afterschool
18. why not?
19. homecoming
20. i do..
21. almost over
22. prom; part 1
23. prom; part 2
24. summer
25. daniel
26.stay
27.comfortable
28. replacement
29.a little too late;part 1
30. tension;part2
31. no harm
32. goodbye jonah
31. gone
32. It takes time
33. a beauty & sin
34. isn't it crazy
35. again
36. dresses
37. lu?
38. void
39. exhausted
40. Minnesota
41. little paws
42. it still hurts..
43. "i loved you"
44. im in love with you
45. numb
46. unrecognizable
47.mom
48. mom and daughter date
49. I loved her
50. cloud nine
51. happy
52. green eyes
53. honeymoon
54. complicated
thank you!

9. is he single?

1.5K 30 1
By sadboiseavey

After a very awkward dinner with my mom and her boyfriends family. I sat on Sofia's balcony. I click on Jonah's contact and pressed the face time button. Sofia steps out as its connecting "oh do you want privacy?" I shake my head no, its her house I can't tell her to get off her own balcony. "Hey boothang" Jonah cheers into the phone. I roll my eyes "hi Jonah" Sofia leans down looking at him then her jaw drops "he's hot" Jonah chuckles "who's that?" Sofia's face turns red. "Its uh my moms boyfriends daughter. " he smirked "hey thank you Lucy's moms boyfriends daughter
" I laugh and shake my head "really?" He shrugged "I asked you who it was and I said what you told me" Sofia watches the screen. Jonah gets up and walks to his bathroom. "You left this by the way" he picked up my curling iron. "Awe what the heck, I knew I forgot something. " he flipped the camera showing my curling iron on the counter then he panned to the mirror showing his abs. Sofia's eyes were still glued to the screen.  "Way to be a duche Jonah" he laughs and flips the camera back around putting his left arm into the air "sorry sometimes I can't help myself". I roll my eyes, Jonah yawns. "You tired?" He nods "Yea it's almost 1" I grown I completely forgot about the time zones. "Okay well get some rest Jo, I'll text you when I wake up" he smiles with his eyes closed "okay love you lu-baby, and goodnight" I smile "goodnight Jonah, love you too" "oh and goodnight Lucy's mom's boyfriends daughter" she giggles and so does he. I hung up and close out of my contacts. I lean back onto the chair that I've been sitting in looking at the blanket of stars above me. "Is he single?" Sofia asked. I nod "yes" my voice was blank and I sounded irritated.

Its not like I completely forgot about our make out session that happened two weeks ago, it's not like it was accident or on purpose, it just happened and I enjoyed it. I'm pretty sure he did too but neither of us said anything about it's like we both pretended it never happened. But why? Did he not want me to take it that way because I did. I felt things I never felt before and I've had a fair amount of boyfriends. Maybe it was all in my head, maybe I'm just over reacting.

"He's cute" she says finally after the break of silence. "Yea he is" I say calmly. She looks at me "do you like him?" I shake my head "no, we've been friends for almost 4 years. He's kind of a brother figure" I lied, there's no way he's a brother figure, ESPECIALLY SINCE WE MADE OUT! She nods and I stand up yawning "im tired" she shows me to the bed under hers and I immediately lay down quickly falling asleep.

I wake up to giggles from outside the window. I pick myself up from the bed and glance in the mirror, holy shit I look like someone just threw my out of a moving car. I open the balcony door and look into the driveway, Sofia was sitting on her dads car with a friend of hers. I walk back into her room and take a quick shower and getting dressed.

"Good morning sweetie" my mom greets me, I smile faintly "morning" Robert looked up from his paper "how'd you sleep?" I shrug. "I can't even answer that question" he chuckles and so does my mom. I sit down at the table next to my mom, I begin playing with the salt container pushing it one way then the other. I did for a few minutes until my mom pressed her hands on top of mine "Lucy" I look up at her and gesture for her to continue. "Please stop, and could you smile?" I give her a very fake and cringy smile. She rolls her eyes and Robert laughs "sweetheart its fine, she doesn't want to be here but she'll get over it eventually" my mom nods towards Robert then turns back to me "she's just mad because she wanted to spend summer with her boyfriend" my jaw drops and I push the chair back standing up "he's not my boyfriend mom! And you know that god damn it, I'm mad because you dragged me a thousand miles across america to stay a month with people I don't even know!" I stormed out of the kitchen and went out the door, I caught Sofia's attention and her friends. I sit down on the sofa that sat under the awning. I pull out my phone automatically calling Jonah.

J: good morning beautiful

L: Jonah I'm not in the mood

J:what's wrong?

L:I was playing with the salt container on the table when my mom stopped me and told me I needed to smile so I gave her smile. Th-

J: Lucy what kind of smile?

L: it was really cringey and awkward

J: *Chuckles* Lucy come on

L: I'm not done Jonah

J:okay continue.

Sofia and her friend watched me out of the corner of their eyes.

L: her boyfriend said that he understands that I'm mad and that I don't want to be here but I'll get over it. Then ooooo then my mom said..

I stand up and walk back and forth.

L: then my mom said no she's just made because she wanted to spend summer with her boyfriend!

J: you have a boyfriend?

L:god Jonah you're slow, she meant you!

J:*laughs* you're mom thinks we're dating?

L: I guess but then i yelled saying that you weren't , you're my best friend and that she knew that then I said I'm mad because she dragged me across america to spend a month with someone I don't even know and stormed out of the house and well here I am.

I breath out, out of breath. Jonah chuckles on the other end.

J: take a deep breath okay, you'll be fine.

L: Jonah..

I plopped back down

L: I don't want to be here anymore

J: I know lubaby, but just be there for your mom okay ? Ill talk to you later I love you

L: okay Jonah, I love you too

The call ends and I run my hands threw my still damp hair. "You good?" Sofia asks. I look up at her and her friend, her friend had long blonde hair and caramel brown eyes. "Yea just annoyed" Sofia sat down and her friend does as well. She outreaches her hand to me "I'm summer" I take her hand shaking it "hi summer I'm Lucy" she smiles and both our phones go off at once, I laugh and grab my phone. Jonah posted on Instagram. Did she have his post notifications on or did it just happen?

I liked the photo and looked back up at them, Sofia glances at her phone then turns to me "wait? Your friend. What was his name again?" I furrow my eyebrows "Jonah?" I say it more like a question. Summers eyes light up and shows me her phone "him?" I nod raising my eyebrow. Is she a fan? Oh geez I'm scared now. Her face lit up "you're joking right?" I shake my head and the door opened making us all turn. "Luc I'm sorry, I didn't mean to call Jonah your boyfriend" summer gasps and I nod at my mom "I don't know why'd you think he was my boyfriend mom we've been friends for years" she smiled and sat down next to me, Sofia and summer gave us a little privacy but they were still in hearing distance "Robert and I have been friends for years too sweetheart. " I put my hand up "okay mom, Jonah and I will only be friends that's it" she raises her eyebrow "Lucy" she stands up "I heard you two the a few weeks ago" I gulp "what? What are you talking about?" She laughs and winks "you know what I'm talking about" shit, fuck, help ! 

Next thing I know she's walking back into the house. I feel my gut churn and my head begin to pound. I immediately opened up my messages and clicked on Jonah's contact. But I paused. Should I tell him? We kind of just ignored and pretended like it never happened. Maybe it didn't mean anything maybe it was because we were both angry and we took out in one another. Just with out lips instead if our fists. I swallow hard as Sofia and summer walk back I've to me.

"So Jonah? Is he single?" Summer asks. I nod slowly. "yea- he uh broke up with his girlfriend about a month ago" she nods slowly with a grin on her face. "are you okay?" Sofia asks. I nod "yea why?" She reached out and touched her hand to my cheeks. "you're all red and hot" I shrug "I don't feel the best" Sofia glances at summer "do you want to go lay down" I shake my head "no I'm fine, but thanks for caring" she smiled sweetly. Okay how is she so nice?

"What's your Instagram?" Summer asks. "lucybb" she nods and types it into her phone. "woah you have 30k" I nod "yea no big deal" I laugh and continue " I don't post much but people only follow me because I'm Jonah's best friend" summer follows me and my phone vibrates. "woah jack Avery follows you too" I nod and pick up my phone following her back "yea he followed me after Jonah cane back from tour with him" Sofia follows me and I follow both of them back and like some of their pictures.

I would love to be their friends but a part of me feels like they'll only be my friend for Jonah or jack. I sigh and talk the rest of the afternoon with them. They mostly wanted to know about me but sometimes jonah would come up since I've spent the last 4 years of my life with him by side.

💭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 2.8K 48
[COMPLETED] It has been over year since I have last seen him, those curls, those dark eyes. And now I was meeting him again, but this time it was as...
140K 2.2K 37
➳ "Listen, I have no idea what you must be going through. And I know we just met and everything, but just know I'm always here for you." Jonah said r...
2.3K 40 26
When Lizzie Marais meets her brother's new band mates, she is drawn to one in particular. But what happens when Jonah says that Lizzie is off limits?
145K 2.7K 147
β€’part one β€’ He's broken because she's dead But She's broken because the world has been told a lie β€’part twoβ€’ Jack struggles to loose his feelings ...