Remember me (chanbaek fanfic)

By Baekiiee

This is the sequel to 100 days. So if you haven't read it yet, please go and read it first before reading thi... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Author's note
Read!!

Chapter 47

872 71 13
By Baekiiee

"Jongin, I'm going to visit Chanyeol first before going to work. You coming along?" Kyungsoo asked as he was walking to the kitchen. Jongin turned around and shook his head. "Nah, I have a lot of meeting today. I'll go next time." Jongin said before going back to preparing the breakfast.

"Ok." Kyungsoo nodded as he poured a cup of water and sat down, waiting for Jongin to be done.

"Here!" Jongin beamed as he placed the plate in front of Kyungsoo.

"Thanks!" Kyungsoo said and started digging in.

"Oh, help me say hi to Chanyeol and tell him to take care of himself." Jongin said with his mouth full of food.

"Yeah ok... hmm this is really nice." Kyungsoo gushed. That brought a smile to Jongin's face.

"Oh right, how is Baekhyun? I have been so busy that I haven't talked to him for so long." Jongin asked.

"He's doing fine. He told me he has started receiving treatment and is staying with his aunt. He looks better now." Kyungsoo said and Jongin smiled.

"That's good to hear."

"Yeah. Ok, I'm done. God, it's so nice. I swear you should cook more. I never knew you had such talent." Kyungsoo teased and Jongin chuckled.

"I'll wash it. Run along now."

Kyungsoo nodded and got up, grabbed his coat and was about to leave when Jongin stopped him. "Uh, wait a minute Kyung!" Kyungsoo stopped in his tracks and turned around, tilting his head to one side.

"Yeah?"

Jongin went to his room and took a piece of paper and handed it to Kyungsoo. "I almost forgot. Baekhyun told me to pass this to Chanyeol." Jongin said.

Kyungsoo looked at it and he could feel his heart clench. He was guessing it was a letter to Chanyeol. Baekhyun did the same the last time he left Chanyeol.

"Ok, I'll pass it to him. Bye, see you tonight." Kyungsoo said and planted a kiss on Jongin's lips before leaving.

*****

"Hey Chanyeol."

"Hi Kyungsoo." Chanyeol greeted as he sat down.

"Are you doing fine?" Kyungsoo asked and Chanyeol nodded.

"Yeah, I am. I am reading books on law. Polish my skills so that I would become a better lawyer when I get out." Chanyeol laughed and Kyungsoo chuckled.

"That's good."

"Oh, how is Baekhyun doing? Is he eating well? Is he receiving treatment or whatsoever?" Chanyeol asked and Kyungsoo could see the concern in his eyes.

"Uh.... y-yeah.... He is doing fine..." Kyungsoo stuttered.

Chanyeol just nodded although he could sense Kyungsoo hiding something from him.

"Ah, Baekhyun wanted to pass you this." Kyungsoo said as he slid the paper across the table. Chanyeol's gaze travelled to the paper on the table, his heart pounding hard and fast against his chest. He pursed his lips and nodded his head before taking the paper.

Kyungsoo glanced at his wrist watch and stood up. "I guess I have to get going. I'll visit you soon, with Jongin next time. Ah, and Jongin said hi. He told you to take care of yourself." Kyungsoo said.

"Thanks. I will. Take care of Baekhyun as usual." Chanyeol said, but this time, his last sentence was softer than before. His heart told him that there was something wrong.

****

Once he was back at his cell, he sat at one corner. With trembling hands, he opened the letter.

Chanyeol,

By the time you read this, I am not in Korea anymore and in America receiving treatment. I am very sorry for not saying all this to you but I really couldn't face you. It's all my fault you are in prison and I know no matter how much I apologise, nothing will change.

So, let's break up. I don't dare to say it in front of you because I know I cannot bear to say it. So here I am, being the coward I have always been, writing it in this letter.

Sorry Chanyeol-ah. I wanted to hate you but I loved you too much to even hate you. It hurts so much because I love you. I love you so much that without you, a part of me is missing.

They say time heals all wounds. Yes, my wound was healed but it was deep. So deep it left a scar and it constantly reminded me. Now that it reopened, it hurts. But it hurts more because it became deeper. Now, I need to give it more time to heal.... And I don't know how long it would take.

Will my scar slowly fade away as time passes? Because I don't want to remember all the horrible things that happened.

But I don't know. It may not heal at all. And staying with you is only a burden to you. Your future is ruined because of me. I don't want to drag you along with me, along with my screwed up life. And so I am letting you go... Forget about me and move on. Take me as a nightmare, wake up and forget about it. I loved you, still loves you and will always love you. But we were never meant to be.

Don't cry over me. Because I am not worth it. Don't waste your tears on me. Just carry on with your life like how it was without me.

I was not supposed to know you. I wasn't supposed to fall in love with you but I did. And I am sorry.

Don't find me please. If you loved me, don't find me. Because if I know that you are looking for me, then I will have to leave America, to somewhere you'll never find me. Just move along and continue with your life.

I'm sorry again. I know no matter how many sorry I say, it will never heal the heart I broke. But sorry is the only thing I can say. So I'm sorry Chanyeol.

If you find someone you love, go ahead and follow your heart. I will only wish you all the best from my heart. Don't stop yourself because of me. I am leaving because I want to set you free.

For the last time, I'm sorry. I love you Chanyeol but I guess god doesn't want us to be together.

I love you forever Chanyeol, even after I die....

Love,
Baekhyun

Tears flowed down uncontrollably the moment he finished reading the letter. Why? He screamed. Why? He never found Baekhyun a burden and instead, Baekhyun was the air he was breathing. Without him, he was suffocating.

He screamed and screamed till his voice became hoarse. He shouted for Baekhyun to come back but nothing changed. Baekhyun left him and it was final. He punched the wall, shouting as he cried his heart out. Baekhyun was his everything and now that Baekhyun left, he was reduced to nothing. He shook his head. The letter is a lie. Everything is a lie. He shouldn't be in prison. He should be living happily with Baekhyun. All he was thinking now was to get out of that rotten place. He banged the door.

"Let me out!" He shouted. "I want to see Baekhyun! I want to find Baekhyun! Baekhyun!" He shouted his name over and over again but still Baekhyun never appeared.

However, his shoutings attracted the attention of the prison guards. They rushed in, shouted at him, in attempt to calm him down. But nothing was working. Only Baekhyun's presence could calm him down.

The guards had no choice but to make him sleep. They injected a syringe in him as Chanyeol started to feel drowsy. His legs felt weak as he fell to the ground, eyes brimmed with tears and mouth still muttering the name Baekhyun.

If loving you was a sin, then I'll gladly receive the punishment.....

Just don't leave me.... Please..... come back.....

Then his vision blurred and everything became black.

Ok another update tdy heh
Well... so yes now yeol knows baek left...
but yall dun hv to worry cuz i promise a happy ending!! Its coming soon!! Maybe just with a few more twist and turns?? hehe 😋

Alright hope yall enjoyed reading!! ☺️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 276 8
- for the last time, he needs to say goodbye. » EXO Chanyeol & Baekhyun (Chanbaek) fanfiction » date started: 190425 » date finished: 190429
33.1K 1.7K 76
[COMPLETED] «Two years. Two hearts. One unfinished love story» [Sequel of "365 Days Not To Fall In Love // EXO Chanyeol"] [Top rank: #1 -exo] © All R...
53.7K 2.6K 16
First book: Who Is He? Second book: Hello, Im Chanyeol ❝ Chanyeol doesn't remember anything, but Baekhyun is determined to make him remember after al...
9.6K 615 12
Book Two Sequel to my ChanSoo Fanfiction "외 침Scream" I thought maybe falling in love again would be okay to do because I lost you. But I gu...