Obsession (1) ✔

By Kat-Nova

Season 1 - A Dark Tale Of Love. "You're new, who did you kill to get this spot?" Her nonchalant face failed... More

C O N T E N T
E P I S O D E - 1
E P I S O D E - 2
E P I S O D E - 3
E P I S O D E - 4
E P I S O D E - 5
E P I S O D E - 6
E P I S O D E - 7
E P I S O D E - 8
E P I S O D E - 9
Authors note
E P I S O D E - 10
E P I S O D E - 11
E P I S O D E - 12
E P I S O D E - 13
E P I S O D E - 14
E P I S O D E - 15
E P I S O D E - 16
E P I S O D E - 17
E P I S O D E - 19
E P I S O D E - 20
E P I S O D E - 21
E P I S O D E - 22
E P I S O D E - 23
E P I S O D E - 24
E P I S O D E - 25
E P I S O D E - 26
E P I S O D E - 27
E P I S O D E - 28
E P I S O D E - 29
E P I S O D E - 30
E P I S O D E - 31
E P I S O D E - 32
E P I S O D E - 33
E P I S O D E - 34
E P I S O D E - 35
E P I S O D E - 36
E P I S O D E - 37
E P I S O D E - 38
E P I S O D E - 39
E P I S O D E - 40
E P I S O D E - 41
E P I S O D E - 42
E P I S O D E - 43
E P I S O D E - 44
E P I S O D E - 45
E P I S O D E - 46
E P I S O D E - 47
E P I S O D E - 48
E P I S O D E - 49
E P I S O D E - 50
E P I S O D E - 51
E P I S O D E - 52
E P I S O D E - 53
E P I S O D E - 54
E P I S O D E - 55
E P I S O D E - 56
E P I S O D E - 57
E P I S O D E - 58
E P I S O D E - 59
E P I S O D E - 60

E P I S O D E - 18

5.9K 315 16
By Kat-Nova

"Episode 18 - Tender loving care."

"Do you want me to put a cold compress on your forehead"? I kept touching her skin.

"If that's okay?"

"Of course." I was surprised by the softness of her voice. She wasn't usually like that. A smart remark was always on the tip of her tongue, her sweet mouth made each vulgar word sound like music.

Jamie's footsteps echoed through the dark hallway as I stood. I instructed him get her some water for that medicine to go down with before I jogged up to her room to find a linen cloth in her bathroom cupboard among the fancy towels.

"You need to eat something." Jamie stood in front of the T.V. while Elena cursed at him to move his big ass. I ran the cloth under the faucet in the kitchen, drenched it in cold water. After filling a small bowl with ice water, I sat down on my previous spot before placing the folded piece on her forehead.

"She hasn't eaten all day." Jamie complained to which Elena rolled her eyes.

"Everything tastes so bland. That's why I'm making some stew." She closed her eyes, snuggled back deep under the covers.

"I'll make sure she eats." I waved my hand dismissively. He nodded before walking off but I followed him on instinct.

"Hey man. I need to keep an eye on her when I'm gone."

"I've been doing that. This is not what I signed up for, to be your personal bodyguard for her." His voice was calm.

"So do you want me to detail you somewhere else?" I understood his frustration, I was the same way.

"Maybe." He shrugged.

"Alright. I'll figure something out for you. Don't worry." I turned to walk away when he stopped me.

"Okay, it's fine. I can do you a favour for giving me the job. I'll look after her and keep this confidential."

"Easy money, right?" He paused, the dim light illuminated parts of his face. His didn't seem happy about the deal but was willing to do the job. I didn't trust him but he didn't seem like he cared.

"What the hell are you getting yourself into man?" A hint of concern became evident on his face.

"I..." I didn't know what to say to him because I didn't know myself. He was an ex-convict who seemed like the only one who had some conscious. He got in with the wrong crowd, held up a seven eleven and got caught. 

He had a gun on him so he was busted but he never got a round off or shoot anyone so he got his sentenced reduced. He got himself a GED and has been studying law since then but when he couldn't get any job despite his intelligence, he turned to this life.

One mistake took his future away from him.

"Listen, how about you keep an eye on her and we'll figure out a way for you to get yourself a law degree, get yourself to sit the bar exam." His eyes lit up and the knot in my stomach loosened.

"You can do that?" He gulped, hope blossomed in his eyes.

"I can make some calls. I can't guarantee Harvard or anything but I can find a way for you to carry on." He gulped looking around. "Look man, I can't trust anyone but I can promise you I can get you to that bar exam."

"With my record, you think they'll let me?" He lowered his voice, stepping up to me.

"With Capone's reach, hell yes." I knew Capone will never do it so I'd have to spin an angle. "Also you went in as a minor so I think we can get something done."

"Okay." He nodded vigorously.

"You can study and just keep an eye on her and leave all the technicality to me." He nodded before leaving with a smile on his face, satisfied with our deal.

I could speak to Capone about him finishing off his studies and getting a degree because Capone couldn't trust anyone. Specially after the internal attack. He'd need someone he trusted to protect him in front of court. Everyone was trying to kill him.

Elena was drifting in and out of sleep when I re-joined her. I dampened the cold compress again, placed it back on her forehead.

"Is everything okay?" She mumbled softly.

"Yes." I'm going to carry you to bed now. "Let you catch a couple of hours of sleep and wake you up to eat."

"Unless you want me to cut you again, you will not wake me up." She turned away from the T.V. and buried her head in the crease of the beige throw pillows.

I chuckled and rubbed her back. Before I knew it, I was carrying her up the stairs and laid her down on her bed. Her large bed engulfed her small figure. I sat next to her, the dim glow from her night light was all I needed to navigate myself around the room. Taking of my clothes, I joined her in bed. Her body emanated so much heat, I opted to lay over the covers with a thinner cover on top of me.

I didn't understand why she suddenly she so sick. I wondered who would have taken care of her if I hadn't been here. A tightness suddenly took a grip on my chest, a sick feeling rising from the pits of hell. 

The need to take care of her clouded my judgement. The need to keep her safe jumped to my priority list. She was fast asleep, her blocked nose whistled and I smiled. She was having trouble breathing, her sweet mouth was open for air.

I ran my thumb across her full lower lips. Turning the T.V. I watched Prison Break and waited for her cooker to indicate the food was done. I didn't understand why she decided to cook so late in the evening. It was about two before her food was done.

Knowing she'd really try to kill me again, I ladled the hot stew in two bowls and took it upstairs on a tray with two spoons. The smell ginger and garlic hit me. She'd made it extra strong because I remember her saying she couldn't taste or smell anything.

I remembered when I used to get sick when I was in foster care. Nobody cared. I guess that's what drew me to care for her.

I placed her bowl on the table on her side of the bed, steam rose from the dark gravy. When I changed her compress, she abruptly opened her eyes.

"It's me, baby." I stroked her hair, content when she relaxed under my hands. Her eyes kept fluttering open and close but she was awake and hadn't threatened to kill me yet. "I brought up some food for you. I think you put a bit too much ginger."

"No." She sniffed, before grabbing her up some tissues. "I can't taste anything so extra is helpful." Her voice sounded croaked. Finally sitting up, she started sipping it down with some warm water I had brought up for her. "Can we watching something fun?"

"What do you want to watch?"

"2 Broke Girls."

I rolled my eyes. She really loved that show but I had to admit, watching her laugh and mouth along the words, settled the beast inside me. I leaned back, finishing my own bowl while she took her time. I regretted not seeing her sooner.

"The guy you killed, who was he?" She stared at the 74' T.V. on the other side of her room.

"Markus Alvarzo."

"His eldest son Donny is probably going to take over now. They aren't Billionaires but still rich and they are feared because they get their hands dirty." She finally looked at me, her tired eyes appeared void of any emotion.

"Yeah, he pulled out a gun himself." I couldn't believe I'd ever find someone who'd take violence with such ease.

"Thing is, in Chicago, he had everyone under his wing. So, did the Capones, the De La Cruz and now Zanetti and others whereas here, there were already people here with power. Yes, they knew Capone and he had business here but they don't want anyone else with money coming in and trying to take what they built. You know what I mean?" She took small sips between each sentence.

"I gathered. This Fed called Nathan Ross showed up. He can't do anything because there's video evidence of self-defence but it seems like him and Capone has history." I rested my hand on the back of all the pillows that she was propped up against.

A wicked smile crept up to her lips, a smile that made me ache. She was sick for goodness sake. I berated myself for such thoughts. She carried on eating but didn't confirm my suspicions. Her secret smile confirmed my decision to help Nathan out. 

----------
Are you liking the softer side of them? Chapter edited by CamileWilson

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 61.9K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
1.8M 74.2K 104
Pushing him away from her, she screamed at him ; " This wedding was an option for you.. But not for me.! You really think that if given the opportuni...
887K 28.1K 82
This is a story of two broken souls who were brought together by one's lust and other's fear. Sophia She was young, innocent, loving and pretty with...
1.1M 25.8K 25
Elena Russo has never lived a normal life like most. To her normal was having a constant bodyguard and not being able to indulge much on life at home...