Towards Dawn #Wattys2016

By erumkhan19

Yes they have seen dawn... They have witnessed the most beautiful moments but for that they had to stay up th... More

A New Journey
1. Somewhere in the World
2. Bloom and Burn
3. Outburst
4. Ibraheem
5. How It All Started...
5.1: Chunks From Past
5.2. First Chat Went Wrong
5.3. Parents.... the Perfect Bond
5.4. Regret
5.5. The Strange New Girl
5.6. Illegitimate
5.7. She was Beautiful
5.8. She is Bewitching Me
5.9. A Journey Together
5.10. Pain and Trapped
5.11. Horror and Confession
5.12. The Big Cost
6. Grave Affliction
7. Stupefied
7.1. Wounded
7.2. Awkward
7.3. Grumpy Affections
7.4. Affection or Confusion?
7.5. Falling???
7.6. Brutal
7.6. Muhabbat
7.7. Wrong Dreams?
7.8. Fatal Fall
7.9. Regard and Reverence
7.10. Surprises
7.11. Love and Betrayal
7.12. The Big Day...About to Ruin?
7.13. Ruined
7.14. Shattered Hearts
7.15. Dissonance and Discord
7.16. Adam or Iblees?
7.17. Hum Kahan Chal Diye
8. Promises and Heartache
9. And They Met Again
10. Revival of Yesterday
11. Proposal
12. Old Bonds
14. The Dawn....
Epilogue
Q/A: Iblees or Tehreem

13. Pang of Pain

2.6K 250 219
By erumkhan19

Assalam-o-Alaikum!

Update <3

Chapter # 13

Pang of Pain

Shehry's POV

"Hussain Chachoo! bachaao" Arham came running inside the room and almost jumped in Hussain's lap who quickly wrapped his arms around him. 

After dinner Haya was busy with Arham begging him to go to sleep but every now and then he would jump down the bed having some random excuse for not sleeping and sitting in the middle of us elders.   

"What happened champ!" Hussain asked, putting aside the loose tuft of hair from his forehead. 

"Mom treats me like a kid Chachoo! am a grown up" Arham complaint and Hussain glanced at me hiding his grin, I gave him a tujh per he para hea Saley! wali look.

  "Arham! am warning you come back to your room. NOW!!!" Haya glared down at him, who was now clung to Hussain's waist and he was lovingly stroking his hair.

"Its only 9 Mom!" Arham wined.

"Its okay Champ! we can talk tomorrow after you come back home from school. right?" Hussain offered and Arham made a face.

"Kal wesey bhi teri wo moti jai Miss Beth ne lena tera test. Or je tu ho gaya na fail, ya so gaya ja ker test vich te litter Ms Beth kolon or chitter tery piyo kolon. aai gal aqal vich????" I asked, leaning in towards him ignoring his pout.

"Now Come on!" Haya ordered and he finally with lazy unwilling feet walked towards her. 

"and you! for heavens sake stop talking in punjabi with him" before leaving Haya smacked my head and I in a vain attempt threw a cushion at her which she excellently dodged. 

"Oye Punjabi zubaan hea sadi... sada maan ae sadi zuban. Farangi di zabaan bol bol k te moo he terha chibha ho gaya hea is qoam ka. Huhn!"

I looked back at Hussain who was now gazing out from the window silently. For a few Minutes I just sat there quiet looking at him, trying to read what was going on in his head and then he spoke...

"She looked shattered Shehry!"

This was the umpteenth time he told me the same thing since he came back home. He looked perfectly fine, apparently, but a little of him was shattered too, I know that well.

"if all that didn't have happened today Tehreem would be a happy woman, happily married with two sons" he kept on saying, almost to himself, his gaze fixated out from the window into the dark space ahead him. 

Then he heaved up a sigh, his head tilted to one side and he blinked his eyes as if was coming onto a conclusion or changing his mind. "I know she will have all the happiness of life, I just hope she agrees to what I told her"

"About marrying Ibraheem?" I asked, though already knew he must have filled her ears with the idea. Hussain noded his head, still gazing outside.

"he needs her"

"What about you?" I asked, crossed. Anger started to ooze up inside every nerve of me. I was sick of Hussain's behavior. For how many times I had tried to convince him to move on but he jsut did not listen....

"And you know what? its not only Ibraheem, Tehreem needs him too." He ignored my question.

"What. About. You. Hussain?" I repeated loud and clear.

"they will be happy together Inn Shaa Allah and....

"But what the hell about you?" I cut him. "I don't want the garbage Hussain!" I added and he looked at me with a confused frown catching the warning look at my face.

"am okay. am fine. mein bilkul theek hoon, mujhy shadi nai kerni, mein ne un dono ki zindagi kharab ker di and I don't deserve her. For goodness sake Hussain! end this crap. Stop being angry with yourself for once and look at yourself how lonely you are, you need her as much as Ibraheem does. Do you get that?" I actually cried in anger, he blinked his eyes at me as if I had lost my mind when actually he did.

He simply stared me and then looked away from my face. "I get that but I can not get her" his respond was low, in a defeated tone and my heart actually ached for a thousand times in just a few seconds. "this is the truth and the reality of my life Shehry! I know you love me a lot, care for me and worry for me a lot but trust me I could never love Tehreem.... "he looked up at me slowly.

"not again. I can't" he shook his head, I felt his eyes turning a little redder by now.

"Even if there was no Ibraheem I could never marry her, and now, when Ibraheem is here I can not even think or imagine myself doing this. My conscience just doesn't allow me to" he stated firmly and I heaved up a sigh.

"per Hussain! tu kab tak aesey rahe ga? I use to believe one day you will get Tehreem. but you have seriously closed every single door with your own hands" I stated. "kia tu kabhi shadi nai karey ga? mein kabhi taya nai banoon ga?"

"this is the least I could do for my friend and for the girl I had ruined the life of" Hussain looked at me as he replied. "and shadi is just not on my mind at the moment" he added casually trying to shoo away the topic and was about to get up when I held his wrist and pushed him back in the couch.

"Beth ja chup ker k yahan! Nai to Arham vergey chitter peney tenu" I scowled and he rolled his eyes. "you are so like my son Hussain!" I disapproved and he smiled.

"I disagree. Arham is a little more sensible than your brother" Hussain chuckled loud as we heard Haya from the back, I turned around finding her walking towards us holding three coffee mugs, trying to balance not to slip or drop the mug.

I got up and jogged towards her "Ae aa gai voti meri! Vadi tu gymnastic expert. Huhn!" I remarked holding two mugs from her grip and she slapped my arm lightly as I turned back towards Hussain.

I handed Hussain his coffee "jazakAllah!" he thanked. I faked a smile making him chuckle a little. Haya sat down next to me in the same couch. I looked at the almost no gap between us and then stole a glance at Hussain who was sipping the coffee, ignoring us two.

I leaned in towards Haya's ear and whispered. "Thora fasla rakhiye begum! Yun mard aurat ka khulam khula is qadar qurbat mein bethna na munasib hea. Mulana sahib naraz ho jaen ge" I chewed on every syllable with hushed tone and the moment words slipped Haya's sip in her mouth burst out and she broke into a gwaf.

"What the hell!" I exclaimed getting a few splinters of coffee out from her mouth over my arm, Hussain looked between both of us in confusion while Haya kept on hysterically laughing holding her tummy, half on the couch, half over me.

"Shehry! you just do not miss a single chance of cracking those absurd and extremely stupid jokes of yours" Haya remarked, her face turned all dark red with all the blood pumped in her face with all that wahiyaat laughter of hers.

I rolled my eyes. " that wasn't absurd or stupid begum! This is called comic relief. Jo k her insan ki zindagi mein zaroori hea" this time even Hussain smiled, I wonder if he found the irony. "and my brother needs the most of it now days" I added and Hussain groaned.

"Guys! Am perfectly fine. stop making assumptions"

"Assumptions?" Haya raised her eyebrow and Hussain shook his head. "well if this was an assumption then this was most probably the perfect and most accurate one" she added rolling her eyes.

"Yeah! Now you are talking begum!" I approved with a smile. "take my side, always" I winked and she shook her head, while sitting at a little distance this time.

"Hussain! we all agree with you. Yes, you are perfectly fine its just that a perfectly fine man of almost 30 years of age with no apparent sign of disorder or disease or any other psycho or socio symptoms would have married up till now with a couple of cute little kids playing in his front lawn or probably messing up with his dear old car or rather waiting for the third good news to come" Haya blabbered while I just frowned and Hussain stared her with apparently no sign of understanding or liking.

"Have you been watching Sherlock Holmes?" I looked at my wife suspicious who gave me a fake smile.

"No am a born genius" she boasted shrugging his shoulders, and meanwhile Hussain was already over his heels.

"Guys! I call it a night. I have got work in morning" he announced as he bent and keeping our empty mugs in the tray he picked it up.

"han han mein to jesey wela rehta hoon sara din. bus ye keh k tujhey bhagne ki jaldi hea" I shook my head disapprovingly. 

"Am not making excuse Shehry! seriously subha school jana hea" 

"Oh God! Arham asked for pizza in lunch tomorrow and I didn't even knead the dough. Arrghhh!!!" Haya remembered all at once. With a groan and Hussain chuckled.

Haya got up as well. "Uh- come back quick. Don't take a whole eternity in kneading a dough" I rolled my eyes and she looked down at me with amused grin on her face.

"What does that suppose to imply? Mr. Husband! You are helping me in the kitchen off course. Come on! now get your bums up" the smile swiped clean from her face as she ordered and walked out side ignoring my protesting groans.

And the moment we entered in the kitchen Hussain was half way through washing up the mugs, he washed them, dried them up with a clean napkin and hung them up in the counter.

"Shadi na kareen bhai! Bari peri cheez hea ye viyah. Qasmey!" I wined and he smiled drying his hands with the napkin I was holding.

"Don't fill his ears Shehry!" haya disapproved. "Hussain! bilkul mat suno is ki" she warned him and he chuckled resting his palm over his heart as he bowed a little.

"As you say Bhabi!"

Haya, with a boastful expression on her face patted his head a little before she giggled.

"Good night!"

Hussain smiled and headed out of the kitchen as we replied to him in unison. "Good night!"

"Sweet dreams!!!" Haya called at his back all loud, enough to make him laugh.

"Kerey sweet dreams yar!" I shook my head disapprovingly as I threw the napkin on the counter and Haya frowned. "koi kurri nai zindagi vich te fer kithon aaven ge sweet dreams???" I explained and she crossed her arms at her front, looking at me. "anu te khuwab vich vi Nauman Ali Khan he vikhda o ga" I claimed and Haya giggled.

"Come on! Don't loose hope" she walked up to me and held my face in her hands, pulling it up making me look into her eyes. "do you know up till now why Hussain was so reluctant in being happy, in enjoying life or moving on?" she asked, I shrugged my shoulders.

"because he had guilt inside his heart Shehry! every inch of him regretted and remorse on the fact that he destroyed lives. But now, things are different, he met Ibraheem, he met Tehreem and he faced them and finally got that forgiveness that he always talked about"

"can't you see the difference? He seems satisfied, he seems a little at ease since he came back from Pakistan" she added, I held her hands and slowly slipped them down not letting them go.

"yei to Hussain chahta tha, Ibraheem ki or Tehreem ki khushi"

"But who knows Tehreem listens to him or not? Who knows she will ever be able to do what Hussain wants or not? Kia tumhen lagta hea wo Ibraheem ko apna le gi?" I asked with a thousand such thoughts connected to this one in my brain and she pressed her lips in a thin line.

"well that's the point where you have to let things in His court" she gestured up with her head and I nodded, still a little uncertain. "and you have to trust Him" getting my uncertainty she added firmly and I smiled.

"Voti meri samajhdar ho gai hea, sohbat ka asar lagta hea" I boasted and she rolled her eyes, pulling her hands off my grip as she tied her hair up in a bun.

"Huhn! Sohbat ka asar hota na to aj darakhton per chalangen lagati milti mein apko" she remarked and it took me a moment realizing she called me a monkey.... After a long time.

"you ungrateful aurat!" I showed her the knife in my hand and she giggled leaning in to my face.

"Although yo are monkey but you are too cute" pinching my nose she pecked my cheek making me smile dropping the knife down but right when I tried to pull her into me she backfired. What the fish!!!

"no romance until you help me in... ummmm......." she thoughts looking here and there as if was calculating what could I do. "yeh! You do the chicken part. Coz you are such a chicken baby!!!" pulling my cheek she walked past me ignoring me huffing at her back.

"Remember! No help. No romance" she reminded me while taking out the floor from the cabinet.

"Blackmailing? Man! She is definitely watching Sherlock Holmes" I shook my head and headed towards the fridge for taking the chicken out.

Fariya's POV

"Jesus! How do the girls do it so perfectly without complaining or without getting this effing fabric slip from their heads? I can't even keep it there for a minute"

And with that the scarf slipped from my head and from my shoulders it flew down into my feet "puff!!!" letting out a puff of air I blew the tuft of my hair away from my forehead and looked down at the piece of fabric, stubborn as ever.

Standing in front of the mirror in my room I tried to wear hijab for like umpteenth times but failed utterly, I felt tired out of all that hands dancing around my head trying to fix the fabric that just refused coming at good terms with me.

"Even this hijaab doesn't want me to impress Hussain. serious?" I picked up the scarf from the floor and a sudden pang of pain spread into my shoulders and throughout my spinal cord.

"Fuck!"

Holding my back I almost fell in the couch near by. I had fever for last few days just not letting me stand up or do my routine things; like shopping, dancing, going at Maha's place. The only thing I was capable of doing was off course thinking about Hussain.

"Ah! You idiot fever! You think you are clever enough making me stick to bed and abandoning me from doing anything? Yeah! Well you failed at stopping me from thinking about him, missing him and loving him"

My hands once again started to tie the scarf around my head, this time I put all my efforts but then again when I put my hands down that betaab beqarar latth of my hair peeked out from the scarf.... God!!!

"Maybe you should try a pin?" suddenly a voice startled me and I almost jumped up, finding dad standing in the door frame and all at once I felt awkward, embarrassed. "to fix it in place you know" he added pointing at the scarf still over my head, badly placed.

I blinked my eyes as he walked up to me and stood close, holding the edges of the scarf he started to fix it over my head. "lets see!"

I just kept looking at his face as he tried to do so." Whats the occasion may I inquire? I mean, what the change is all about?" he asked casually and I gulped down the lump in my throat. Me and Dad had already a long debate over Hussain, I didn't want to start again. Not today.

"Uh- I just... um...

"Its Hussain, isn't it?" he claimed still being calm and casual and I frowned, taking a step back I looked away and pulled the scarf off my head before throwing it on the bed.

Why he always had to ruin my mood? phir se Hussain ko bhool jao per ek kitaab jitna lamba lecture den ge. why he doesn't get that I can not do that......

"What do you mean its Hussain?"

"I mean this change. The scarf. All this effort..." he explained and then narrowed his eyes at me as if was searching something. "definitely Hussain" he replied to his own question in a low tone as if stating to himself.

"look Fariya! if you are trying to do it for Hussain. you better don't try. Allah wants you do it for Him and...

"But let me try at least Dad! maybe I start it for Hussain and ends at Him. Maybe in loving him I will find Him as well" I cut him through and he looked away, raking a hand through his hair. He clearly didn't like me stating all this in front of him.

"I don't want to talk about this again Fariya! am leaving for school. Take care of yourself and take medicines on ti...

"Am coming too dad!" I cut him again and he frowned hard at me.

"Why? You are sick. You had fever the whole night"

"I know. But its important"

"I know why is it important Fariya!" dad gave me a knowing look and I looked away, as I picked up my bag from the bed.

"Beta! why don't you understand?" he grabbed my elbow stopping me. I looked at him. "you are asking for a mirage Fariya! stop running after that, you will get nothing at the end"

"I don't care if I don't get him Dad! I just want him to respect what I feel for him and realize what I....

"Fariya! for heaven's sake stop this" Dad almost yelled, his grip went firm over my elbow. "this madness of yours is forcing me to take an extreme step" he warned me. I was up till now used to of his empty threats and those warnings.

"I don't understand why you...

"Exactly Dad!this is your problem. You don't understand" I pulled my arm off his grip. "you don't understand your own daughter. I wish Mom was here... I wish she...

The gulp just didn't let me complete my sentence and a tear rolled down my cheek. I quickly walked out of the room settling the bag over my shoulder.

"Jesus!" I wiped the tear away, on my way towards the garage.

Since when I became such a rotloo? Tears. This salt coming out from eyes... hate it. It sucks!

Hussain's POV

I silently sat in the chair looking at his face; worried and tensed, the wrinkles over his elderly forehead had increased even more. He wasn't sitting there as the Dean of the institute where I worked but a father of a stubborn daughter who has recently lost her mind.

But does he think I am responsible for that?

"she has crossed all the limits Hussain! and am extremely sorry for that. For whatever you had to face because of my daughter. She is silly...

"Sir!" I cut him as he kept on speaking, he looked embarrassed, he couldn't even look at my face. "Ap sherminda ker rahe hen mujhey. Wo bachi hea, nadan hea. samajh jae gi in fact I think she has clearly understood...

But I had to stop as I caught the look on his face that clearly stated disappointment.

"she went meeting your teacher. Nauman Ali khan. She wanted to have a verdict on..

"Ver-dict?" I frowned. Mr. Kareem nodded. I just couldn't believe she would do something like this.

I looked away from his worried face, where I could read something I didn't want to read. I don't know why I was feeling all so flushed and embarrassed.

"Hussain! I can not even take my daughter's side in this matter, neither I can convince her to stop her madness because I know she wont listen to me so I have thought a lot and....

He stopped in the middle he seemed uncomfortable. "I think you should....

"Do you want me to stop coming to school?" I asked and he heaved up a sigh, he looked tired. Defeated.

"I... I just.. am sorry Hussain! I feel so... I feel so helpless at the moment I can't even... am..

"Sir! Its okay" I got up and walked up to him as I found him panicking a little, I kept a hand on his and pressed a smile. "its okay. I understand. Being a father its difficult but trust me Sir! You are justified here."

He frowned in disbelief and I smiled assuringly. "every father will be the imam of his family, his children on the day of resurrection, every father will be answering about his children, your responsibility towards your daughter is far superior then anything Mr. Kareem! And I totally understand this"

"please don't feel bad about this." I stood up straight and stepped back. "plus I will wait the day Fariya is going to pass out from here then maybe I will have my prospects" I asked with a smile and he finally smiled back.

"Assalam-o-Alaikum!

I walked out from his office and the first thing I did was a deep inhale and exhale in the fresh open air.

Maybe I had the same solution of this issue in my head bt I just could not dare to break Mr. kareem's heart who wanted me to take those lectures as badly as I wanted to run away from this campus after I met fariya.

Getting a few things I had in my office I stepped towards the parking. Maha had an off so I didn't have to inform her anything plus I wanted to walk out from the campus as quick as I could but I guess luck was not on my side.

"Sir!"

I kept on walking holding my car keys and a couple of files. "Hussain Sir!" this time a few students looked at me, frowning why I wasn't listening but I didn't bother.

"Sir please! Stop!"

I ignored her at my back and my pace increased. I guess she started to run, I could feel that.

"HUSSAIN!"

"Wait! Stop!...." and finally she caught me, as she came running ahead of me and stopped right in fornt of me. she was panting holding her stomach and from her face I could see either she had been running long or she was sick.

"Oh! Am sorry I didn't hear you"

"lying doesn't suit you Sir!" she remarked with a smirk.

"on the other hand I have lied a lot" I retorted. Ahhh! I don't know why I was even prolonging the talk, I wasn't suppose to.

"uh- I need to leave Fariya! am getting..

"So how was Tehreem?" her question left me flabbergasted for a moment, I couldn't even blink my eyes despite the tons of disbelief.

"Wha-what?"

"Tehreem. Tehreem Sultan you know. You went to Pakistan to meet her. No?" she casually stated and the next moment I felt like murdering Maha for doing this to me.

"don't scold Maha please!" she surprised me again by reading my thoughts and I frowned. "she just acted like a friend and lent me a shoulder for this idiot water salt which just refused to stop rolling down my eyes. So she told me a story, a bedtime story you know...

"I don't care she told you the story or whatever Fariya! and now will you please let me go? I asked sternly and she blinked here eyes, the dark bags under those eyes were just too dark to be ignored.

"but at least tell me how was Theree...

"She is getting married.... Soon. What else you want to know about her?" was that even true Hussain! what are you saying???

Without loosing my temper today I didn't think I could pass by that place. Suddenly the color in her cheeks came back and they didn't look that pale anymore.

"That's good. Good news. No?" she fluttered her eyelashes and I helplessly sighed internally.

"yeah and there is another good news. Am leaving. Leaving for good. Leaving forever" I told her firmly and the paleness oozed up once again.

"What?" she gasped with a frown.

"Now if you please excuse me? Assalam-o-Alaikum!" I walked past her and as expected just a few moments of peace and then she came back running after me and stopped me right to my car.

"Its dad, isn't it?" she asked, knowingly.

"He made you quit?" she added asking in utter disbelief and disgust in her words. "how could he do this to you when it was his own daughter's fault? How can he ask you to step back...

"Look! Its not about leaving Fariya! its about you and me. Its about right and wrong girl! why don't you get that?"

"Loving you isn't wrong, it doesn't feel wrong" she remarked firmly and I gulp the lump of anger down my throat.

I was about to say something when I heard a loud angry voice like a thud on the floor "Fariya!"

Fariya turned, and to my embarrassment Mr. Kareem was standing on just a few feet distance he was glaring swords at his daughter. He walked up to us and grabbed her elbow.

Ya Allah! I don't want any scene here because of me or this stupid girl.

"I asked you to stay at home Fariya! you have seriously crossed your limits" he gritted his teeth as his eyes threw flames at her.

"you fired Hussain?" she asked, ignoring all the anger the fire of her father, she was still thinking about me, still so loud and proud. I knew this was heading towards something worst. "how could you do this Dad!"

She then turned towards me. "you are not going anywhere, you..

"Shut up Fariya!" Mr. Kareem yelled this time forgetting about the fact we were still in the institute's premises. "Hussain! you may go" he almost pulled Fariya away from my car's door. I just cant put in words what I was feeling at the moment... extremely embarrassed.

"No. you can't leave." I ignored her and opened the door to the driving seat and she addressed her dad in the most painful words... "you are the worst father in the whole world"

"Ap se khud ki beti nai na sambhalti to ap doosro per zor zaberdasti kerty hen. Hussain has nothing to do in it" She was almost yelling.

"You snatched Mom first and now you are snatching Hussain from me. I hate you...

"Shut up!!"

And with a loud thud of slap, my feet halted and my gaze shifted back to them two, where I found Fariya's face hung to one side and Mr. Kareem in extreme fumed up position.

"Mr. Kareem! Mr. Kareem! Please!" I almost ran towards him and held his hand, I was afraid he would slap her again who was now in silent hiccups with her one palm stick to her cheek and her eyes glaring her father.

 She slowly pulled her palm down from her cheek and I gulped down looking at the deep crimson finger prints on her skin.

"Get lost from my sight" Mr. Kareem was clearly trying to hold his anger as he ordered her. She looked at me with all that water salt in her eyes, for a moment I felt I couldn't look away but I knew I had to... and I did. I looked away letting her go.

Aleena's POV

Tehreem's Mom silently sobbed, sitting with Naima Aunty in the hall, she sobbed as if he was her own son. She hated Ibraheem bhai once, he destroyed the peace of her daughter and today she was shedding tears as if there had nothing happened.

After all she is a mother......

"Naima aunty has forgotten how to even smile in past few years, the only thing she is capable of doing is sobbing for her only son, praying for him, shedding tears for him." I stated almost to herself as we sat in the lawn and I gazed inside through that glass door.

"itney salo mein kitna kuch ho gaya Tehreem! yun lagta hea ek zamana beet gaya humein miley hue bat kiye huye. Hea na?" I looked at Tehreem, who was gazing into the space quietly. I knew her mind was either racing or stuck in thoughts.

I slowly touched her hand; cold. It shivered under my touch as she looked at me at once here chain of thoughts broke apart. "I wish I could stop all that. I wish I knew before Tehreem! mager mujhey to andaza bhi nai tha k Ibraheem bhai tum se itni...

"You knew?" it blurted out of her mouth in disbelief and I looked away from her face feeling guilty, although I was not involved into anything that happened still I felt bad for my friend for my brother....

"he saw you in my laptop one day when we were talking and I was at his place, I found him staring your face like he wasn't even blinking his eyes, as if his feet were stuck to the ground and he wasn't even breathing." I said, looking down at the grass in my feet. "he lied to me that he didnt know you, in fact he knew you even before that"

"then he took my mp3 and saved all your recordings Tehreem! he though I was unaware of that" a chuckle escaped my lips as I thought about the innocent love he had for Tehreem which unintentionally turned into something horrible for both of them.

"you knew all that time Aleena! he was your brother you knew what he was.... Why?...

She stared my face disbelievingly and I shook my head.

"I did not know that he was that much into you Tehreem! trust me mujhy nai tha andaza k bat itni barh jae gi" I held her hands in mine. "agar hota to kia mein apney khud k bhai k liye kluch na kerti? I loved you like my sister, the best friend I ever had. I did not betray you or kept you in darkness"

"don't you trust me?" I asked again in a low expectation as I found her eyes teary.

"I wish ye sab na hua hota Aleena!" her head hung low. " shaid sab mera he qusoor tha"

"Nahee" I gripped her hand firmly. "Nahee Tehreem! qusoor kisi ka bhi nai tha; Hussain loved his life and his dreams while you prioritized Rabb over everything and everyone" I looked at her, trying to comfort her and she blinked her eyes.

"And Ibraheem?" she asked, I felt a pang of pain inside my heart.

"Ibraheem bhai k barey mein kia kahoon Tehreem mein" I leaned in the chair as I looked at the beautiful flowers grown in the lawn. "he loved you with all his heart and might, he loved you and every thing about you, though he didn't know much mager jitna wo janty thy tumharey barey mein us her her bat se muhabbat thi unhen" I looked back at her face.

"you actually changed him Tehreem! he used to be a spoil stubborn teenager with a lot of differences with his mother and abandoned of fatherly love, nothing was good in his life except his two best friends and then you happened to him like a shock, like the most unexpected thing and you changed him in someways... good ways" I told her while she silently kept on listening.

"And this love for me destroyed him" she spoke to herself and then she gulped down, she was trying to ask something but was hesitant to...

"Is he... is he alright?"

Another pang of acute pain rushed through my heart as she asked. "yeah, he is fine. 7 years of laying in the hospital bed, with his heart and mind stuck in a girl far away, with every inch of him regretting for the pain and suffering he had brought to that girl. 7 years of one sided love, pain and remorse Tehreem!"

I saw something flickered in her eyes. "yes he is fine, just lost his limbs and his... his voi-voice" my own voice chocked inside my mouth and Tehreem's eyes widened, tears rolled down her cheeks as she disbelievingly stared my face. I slowly nodded my head.

"Ya Allah!" I heard a silent gasp escaped her lips and she rolled her lower lip inward suppressing the pain.

"Doctors stated that he can never walk again. He will never talk again Tehreem!"

"For 7 years I waited him to get up and call me chutki... I can not forget the moment when he saved me from some brats in school, punched in their faces and protected me, now he will never be able to get up on his feet or hug me or take me for ice cream or...or..

"Aleena!" I broke up into tears and Tehreem quickly knelt down in front of me, pulling me in a hug. I cried over her shoulder breathlessly.

"Sab theek ho jae ga Aleena! sab theek ho jae ga. Trust me. Trust Him. Rabb sab theek ker de ga"

To be continued.....

Stay tuned for the last chapter of Towards Dawn guys! which is next.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 133 29
"Noor Ayn," Hassan began, his gaze intense as he looked at me with a soft expression, "Have you ever wondered why I called you that? It's not a mere...
11.6K 716 33
"...Don't show that you cared about my happiness, when you actually didn't. I doubt if you ever truly did care." I whispered the last part menacingly...
165K 14.9K 34
Highest Ranking: #1 in Muslim! 9/21 #1 in Islamic! 9/20 #1 in MuslimLoveStory ~ #1 in HalalLove ~ What would you sacrifice for the perfect life? We...
15.2K 870 31
"Look at how hard it's beating!!" He said grabbing hold of my hand and placing it on my own heart, not letting go of my hand again. I lowered my gaze...