Leah... / Luke Hemmings

By sin_bunnie

"Girls like me don't belong with guys like you." ©All Rights Reserved More

Prologue
0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
Authors note
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
Authors Note
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
3.0
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
3.5
Announcement
3.6
3.7
3.8
39.1
39.2
4.0
4.1
4.2
4.3
forgotten chapter
Hello again...

epilogue

149 6 17
By sin_bunnie

Epilogue

Leah's POV

5 years later

Today was the day. Never in my life did I think this day would come, but today was the day I was going to bury my husband in the ground. Maybe I was over exaggerating, or at least that's what he thought, but I swore to myself I wouldn't do this ever in my life. Yet the day came and I didn't know how to prepare myself.

"Leah, how bad can it be?" Luke groaned, crossing his arms in frustration. He had been wanting to learn how to ride a skateboard since I began teaching Aimee, but today he was being serious about learning. He had come home with two new skateboards, one for himself and one for Aimee.

"Luke, you'll probably find a way to hurt yourself and then blame it on me," I chuckled, grabbing one of the skateboards and sitting on it, swaying back and forth with my feet. He shot me on of his 'bitch really?' faces adding an eye roll in the end. Why the hell did I marry this idiot? "Fine Lucas, you want to act like a child you'll get treated like one."

I stood up, the skateboard in hand, and walked towards my blue eyed husband who still looked a little angry. He'd eventually get over his tantrum once he falls on his ass and realizes skateboarding just isn't his thing.

I set the board down on the ground right in front of him, his eyes following my every move. "All you have to do is place your right foot here," I pointed on the board, "and you'll gain movement with the other," I explained as he followed my direction. "Also try to keep your balance and-" and I had spoken too soon because right after I specified to keep his balance, he completely loses it and falls right into our pool.

He didn't like being laughed at, but I couldn't help it. He had been so consistent about learning how to skate and this is what he deserved. "I think you got the hang of it now, Hemmings," I joked, sitting by the pool as the tall boy stood in his position. He was so tall all he had to do was stand up.

"Oh, you really want to make jokes right now, Hemmings?" He began making his way towards me and I knew he was about to pull me into the pool. I sat up as quickly as I could, but it was too late because he had his hands on my ankles and pulled me into the pool.

The cold water felt amazing in this horrid heat but I was still upset that Luke had pulled me in. I was wearing my favorite sundress and now Luke had probably ruined it now, but there was never a dull moment with this idiot.

"Lucas you asshole!" I shouted, moving my hair away from my face. He responded by pulling me closer to his body and began to kiss me, our lips slowly moving in sync.

It had been five years since our wedding, five years since our lives started together. At times it was hard to believe that he was mine and we were able to set aside our problems. What I found even weirder was that we were parents to an amazing six year old, a talented six year old.

I pulled back from our kiss, suddenly remembering about Aimee. "Luke, who's picking up Aimee?" Things had changed over the years, marriage wise and Aimee too. She had Luke's musical talents, as well as my skateboarding skills. She loves music more though, even though she was fearless of riding a skateboard. Most little girls would fear such thing but Aimee begged to ride one, but she also begged to play the piano.

We had her enrolled in piano lessons, but one thing led to the other and she began playing all sorts of instruments. I don't even know how our little creature could be so talented, but her talents have already taken her far. Her preferred instrument was the cello and piano, and she could play better than someone who has been playing their whole life.

Luke thought it'd be cute to make her a youtube video, since the 5 seconds of summer was still around. Her videos began going viral, and people started taking interest in her. Obviously she's still too young to decide anything, but we're hoping she proceeds with music when she gets older.

"Relax," he chuckles, pressing a kiss on my forehead. "Ashton said he'd pick her up, also Michael and Calum are picking up food from the store so we can grill burgers." I nodded, making my way out of the pool.

As far as Luke and I, we were stronger than ever. At times things got hard because they were still touring, and it was almost impossible to get any time with him. At a certain point, he wanted to quit the band because it was back to back touring which didn't leave him time for his family. Secretly, he grew into this depression and anxiety but he wasn't alone. The rest of the boys secretly wanted to quit that life but they realized they were in control of their lives.

They were currently taking a break, a year long break. The fans think it's a permanent vacation, but they deserve as long as they can. I was just happy to have my blue eyed boy to myself after so long, and we were finally able to move into a bigger house.

I made my way towards the back door and was greeted by two smaller children running towards me. Aimee and James were both excited to see me, wrapping themselves around my leg. "What are you two silly kids doing?" I chuckled, attempting to walk with the two children on my legs.

Ashton appeared from the hallway followed by Michael and Calum carrying in food. "Oh hey there you are James!" Ashton grabbed the three year old from my leg and hugged me with his free arm. "How are you?"

I shrugged, "Wet." He laughed, grabbing onto James a little tighter. "Where's Bryana?"

"She's coming, she forgot James toys in the car," he explained. Bryana was Ashton's girlfriend, and James was their son. Apparently they had been talking since my wedding since she had been invited. She was close friends with Emily. Speaking of which.

"Calum will Emily be joining us today?" I asked, a smile evident on his face as soon as he heard her name. Turns out that after the wedding they ended up getting drunk in the hotel and hooked up. Things were never the same after that day because they wouldn't stay away from each other.

He nodded, "yeah she's picking up dessert for later." Five years later and they still only pitched in for dessert. At times it was hard to believe that they were even together, but they were meant for each other.

Luke wrapped his arm around my waist and placed his head in the crook of my neck. "I forgot to tell you our moms were together before this and-" he began but was cut off by Liz and my mom making their way into the kitchen, both laughing their asses off, arms around each other.

My mom and Liz became best friends at our wedding because they both had one thing in common; they loved getting drunk. Liz never looked like the type but it turns out she loved partying on her spare time, not the crazy teenager parties that you see in the movies but the type of parties you throw with family and get drunk. And thanks to Liz, my mom found herself a boyfriend who happened to teach at the same school Liz was teaching at, so my mom now lived in Australia.

"They're drunk," I giggled, walking towards the two drunk women in my kitchen. I hugged Luke's mom first then my mom. It was confirmed, they both reeked of alcohol. "So glad you two could make it." They just giggled and made their way to our liquor cabinet, god damnit why didn't I hide the liquor? It was their new tradition to always get drunk when they saw each other since Liz moved from Australia to Florida—of course they were over doing the drinking.

~

A couple hours later and finally everyone was here. Our moms were passed out in the living room, Emily was cuddled up next to Calum outside by our fire place, Bryana was leaned up with Ashton and James in her hands, I was watching Luke and Aimee play their instruments softly, and Michael was wrestling with Hailee.

Oh about Michael! He had been with Hailee for two years now, who just so happened to be a fan. The boys were playing a concert in London when he met her. Apparently her bright pink hair stuck out in the first row and he fell in love in that moment. She claimed that Michael wouldn't stop staring at her and Luke had to smack him in the head so he could sing the next verse of their song. It was cute to hear them talk about the first time they met.

"So we have an announcement to make," Ashton spoke up, a small smile on his face. He seemed nervous, like if the next thing he was about to say would end our world.

"Please don't tell us your pregnant!" Emily shouted the rest of laughing.

"No!" Ashton groaned, "It's about the band." My heart sank because I knew now why he seemed so nervous. Everyone else quieted down, worried looks on their faces-- well only the girls had a worried look in their face. "We didn't know if taking this year vacation would be a good idea because it's putting a hold on the tour that should've been going on for our fifth album, but it's been decided. We're going to do one last tour in a couple of places and retire 5 seconds of Summer."

Luke sat next to me, grabbing my hand, squeezing it a little too hard. He shot me a small smile knowing how much this news hurt me. The boys had worked so hard for the last couple of years and they were going to break the band apart. I could handle the band breaking up but I knew this decision was going to separate the rest of us. Everyone would move on to other things but this was my whole world. Michael, Ashton, Calum, Emily, Bryana, and Hailee had become family. I couldn't possibly be away from them for so long.

"What will you do after the break up?" Emily asked, her voice low and soft almost as if she wanted to cry.

"Well Bryana and I are going to move back home, Los Angeles. Possibly around this neighborhood to stay close to Luke and Leah," Ashton informed, a sense of comfort entering my body. I'd be so devastated if my big brother moved miles away from me.

"Well, Hailee and I want to travel after the tour and do our own thing, but we're hoping to move back as well. Maybe not in the neighborhood, possibly somewhere secluded. Like mountain men, in a cabin... Hailee we could move into a nice cabin!" Michael was such a dork sometimes.

"What about you Calum?" Luke asked, a giant smirk on his face. Calum glared at him but soon seemed worried.

"Well, I, uh, not sure because there's something I actually want to do before this vacation is over," he began, sitting up on his knees and pulling something out of his pocket. He propped up one leg in a proposal position and we all suddenly knew what he was about to do—we all gasped as soon as he opened up a black box. "Emily, will you marry me?"

Emily covered her mouth with both her hands, tears streaming down her cheeks. "Calum you are terrible at proposing!" She shouted, but giggling right after. "But of course I will!" Well I guess we knew what they were doing after the tour.

"So that's it," I breath out, "The band is going to be over soon, and we're all still going to live around each other."

"Yeah," everyone mumbled.

"On to bigger things now," Ashton mumbled, silence following right after.

The only noise being made was the sound of Aimee still playing her cello calmly and the sound of the fire place. I was surrounded by the people I love—my family. There was no one I'd rather spend the rest of my life with even if they give me headaches sometimes.

At the end of the day, I only wanted to come home to two people; Aimee and Luke. The loves of my life, and the even bigger one was Luke. Without him I'd be lost and out of comfort. He was my main source for happiness and I undoubtedly loved him with all my might.

"Hey," Luke whispered into my ear. "You want to know something?"

A smile crept onto my lips, his hot breath tickling my ear. "What?"

"I love you, Leah Hemmings."

"And I love you, Luke Hemmings."

a/n and this is the end of Leah... wow. I can't believe it's over... I hope you guys enjoyed this book. And I hope everyone decides to read Wanderess, the Malsey book. I will be posting the first chapter either tonight or sometime this week.

It has been a blast writing this book, and I love every single one who stuck till the end. Thank you guys, xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 117 19
18 0 37
It's all because of that one song... -Second Book in to Girls Hate Remastered Series- © 2023 maIumxidiots All Rights Reserved ®
90.1K 1.4K 27
"No one can know, especially not Ashton." "Fine, but you can't tell me that you didn't like it. I know you did." "It doesn't matter what I liked. I'm...
7.6K 358 26
"I didn't change because of you, I changed because the thought of being without you scared me." in which her boyish demeanours vanished when his a...