Leah... / Luke Hemmings

By sin_bunnie

"Girls like me don't belong with guys like you." ©All Rights Reserved More

Prologue
0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
Authors note
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.5
1.6
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
Authors Note
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
3.0
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
3.5
Announcement
3.6
3.7
3.8
39.1
39.2
4.0
4.1
4.2
4.3
epilogue
forgotten chapter
Hello again...

1.4

233 9 1
By sin_bunnie

Chapter 14

Leah's POV

Alone. The sun was beginning to set and the beach was becoming empty, and for the first time I felt alone. Never had I felt so scared to come across the thought that I was a human being walking around feeling empty and terrified of life. My concept on everyone had changed.

My father was no longer my father nor a human being to me because he had left us for a new family. Luke was no longer my high school crush, no, he was so much more than that. All I can think about is how is it possible to love him so much when he feels nothing for you?

For the first time in my life, I thought about running away. It's not like anyone would care. Certainly not Luke. Going to school wouldn't be easy what with Calum and Luke attending as well. Then there was Emily who wouldn't care because she was self-centered and no longer cared about this family. And my mom who was hardly ever home so it's not like she'd notice. Michael would eventually move on since he's got a new girlfriend so I'd be easy to forget.

And when I brought my head up to get ready for a long journey home, I felt someone lay a hand on my shoulder, turning over immediately. Calum. He was looking down on me with a small smile as he sat down. He looked in front of him, and chuckled. "I didn't mean to startle you, Leah."

I frowned, "How did you anyways?"

"Michael and I were looking for you until his mum called him. Said it was an emergency so I came all by myself," He turned and looked at me, "And I found you."

I brought my knees in and laid my forehead on them. "Well I'm fine, so you can leave me alone now."

"No way, not until you explain to me what happened at Luke's," he pestered.

I groaned and threw sand at him, "Nothing, okay. Calum just- leave me alone please." My hands were shaking and tears were flowing out of my eyes again. Just when I thought I had stopped crying. My sobs were louder and louder every second and I felt so frail.

Calum laid a hand on my back and rubbed it softly while the other removed the hair on my face. "You know Leah, if there's one thing I know, it's that you're too cool and beautiful of a friend for me to lose." His words warmed my heart up from all the damage it's taken today. "Just tell me what's wrong."

And so I did. I told him about how my dad showed up and how he has other children. I told him how I got so drunk and decided to go to Luke's and got him drunk and we hooked up again. Everything that was said, every single word, Calum now knew. The whole time I poured my heart out, and he just listened. Not one muscle was moved in that moment. I didn't know if it was good or bad and if he'd stop talking to me, but it's not like it'd hurt me any more than I already was.

Once I finished, Calum didn't speak. He didn't move either. Not until I waved a hand in his face. "I'm going to kill Luke," he mumbled, still not moving. "I'm going to kill him."

I furrowed my eyebrows and shot him a confused look. He tensed up next to me for a moment and then brought my closer to him. My head was on his shoulder while his free hand rubbed my shoulder. "Calum, what do I do?"

"Wait." He started drawing circles on my back and for some reason it was comforting. "Luke's an ass hat. He'll figure it out eventually, but until then, continue with life Leah. I will sit with you at lunch and walk you to class. Luke's an ass hole that can't express his feeling for you, but just know he likes you."

I sighed, "I love him, Cal."

"I know," he whispered. "I know."

~

I slammed my locker shut, walking off with my books in my hands. It was Friday and the only day I decided to show up to school. I didn't want to fall behind, although missing four days of the week was already missing a lot.

"Leah!" I heard someone call from behind. I turn my head and see Calum rushing up to me with a huge grin on his face, "Let me walk you to class." I nodded and we both continued on our way. "How have you been?"

I shrugged. I knew Calum would try to bring up what happened yesterday but I was in no mood to think about any of that. "Just out curiosity, did you do the project for Mr. Lane?"

He widened his eyes and gasped, "Fuck." He went on, rambling about how it slipped his mind and how he had lost the papers with the information on them. "I'm going to ditch that class and finish the project during the weekend."

"I think I'll join you up on ditching." He widened his eyes, probably not expecting me to be the type to ditch class. "Oh c'mon Calum."

"I just didn't see you as the ditching type," he smirked. "I knew it, good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught."

I laughed harder than I ever had, "That was terrible!" I punched his shoulder, playfully. His reaction to it all was wrapping his arm around my shoulder and spinning me around. "Calum, my class is-"

"I think we should just skip the whole day," he suggests, nervously. Okay? Something was up with him. He had a worried look on his face and now he was making skip class earlier? I didn't mind skipping the whole day, but I wanted to know what made him so jittery.

Without thinking, I turned my head looking back and saw Luke. Except he wasn't alone, he was with Amber and some of the guys on the football team. He had his arm around her, laughing with his stupid friends. We met eyes for a second until I turned around quickly.

Calum seemed to notice because his grasp around me tightened and he had a sad look on his face. Tears began to form in my eyes. I had never felt so humiliated in my life. I'm pretty sure he told them all about the night at the party and the night before. I'm sure they were laughing at my pain.

We walked to Calum's car and drove off pretty fast. "I'm sorry Leah, I didn't know- I mean I knew he was with her but-"

"Why?" I cried out. "Why is he with her?!"

He tensed up, making his jaw tight. God that's hot, wait focus. "I don't know, he refuses to speak to me since I'm taking your side on this."

Wow, I actually feel bad. "Calum you don't have to take my side. He's your bestfriend-"

"No," he interrupted, shouting loud. "He might be my best friend but he's hurting you and I'm getting tired of him disrespecting a beautiful girl like you who deserves better than Luke!" My heart was pounding and my breathing hitched. Did he just say that? "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell."

I nodded, "It's okay." And then the rest of the car ride was silent.

Calum was a good friend. I liked that he was defending me, but I never thought he'd be the one to compliment me. And I never realized how attractive he really was. But I couldn't possibly think of him in that way, because I still had feelings for Luke. Strong feelings that I wish I could get rid of.

"Where are we going?" I questioned. I didn't whether we were going back to my house since the neighborhood looked familiar, or Calum's house since he lived near me.

"My house unless you rather go back to your house."

"I'm fine going to your house," I agreed. I was still crying a little, thinking about the endless conversations Luke has had with his stupid friends. I'm pretty sure I was going to hear from them on Monday. "Calum, do you think they'll pick on me?"

He stayed quiet for a moment, tensing up, "If they do, I'll punch them. Even Amber, I hate her nasal voice." I laughed at the thought of her voice, she sounded similar to mice. "I'll be there to protect you, I promise."

His smile made me feel a bit better. We pulled up into a house smaller than mine. Once we walked in, I was hit with the smell of strawberries and candles were lit all over the place.

"I'm sorry for the girly vibe, I live with my older sister, Mali," he explained.

"And your parents?" I asked, regretting it the second I said it.

He grinned and led me to the kitchen, "They sent us here so we could get a better education, well Mali for college. They live in Australia." He opened the fridge and threw a water bottle at me. "Nice catch."

I shrugged, "I try."

"What do you want to do?" he asked, taking a sip out of his bottle. "We could watch movies in my room or play video games-"

"Usually I'd say video games, but I think I'll stick with movies for right now." We walked up into his room. It was rather large and had nothing but band posters hanging on the walls. He had several trophies and medals from I'm guessing football. There was a rack full of video games, movies, and books. "Jesus, you remind me of Michael." He gave me a confused look, "He's my friend with the colored hair, and he's obsessed with video games."

"Yeah, I know him. He's really cool," he stated, picking out a movie from the shelf. "We're going to watch final destination."

I smiled and seated myself on the edge of his bed, "I love horror movies."

He put the movie in and started it right away, skipping all the previews. He threw himself on the bed and laid down. "You can lay down Leah, I don't bite."

And I did, feeling slightly lonely. All I wanted was a little bit of comfort considering the boy I had hooked up with, twice, had moved on in less than 24 hours. "Calum?"

"Yeah?"

"I don't want to ask, but-" He interrupted by bringing himself closer to me and wrapping his arm around my torso. His head rested at the crook of my neck, his breathing tickling my skin a bit. My heart couldn't help but pick up his pace. One cute boy spooning with you and that was how you made me nervous as hell. But I wanted this. I wanted the comfort Calum was providing and I'd gladly accept it from anyone at this moment. It'd be more comforting if it was Michael, but Calum was good as well.

"Just tell me when you want me to back off okay?" he whispered, his hot breath sending chills down my spine. I nodded and tried to keep calm, but I couldn't. Not until the movie started and I felt completely safe in his arms.

I didn't like Calum the way I liked Luke. All I wanted was for it to be Luke instead, but he was the one who hurt me. This was completely normal right? Just Calum and I cuddling and watching a horror movie? Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't but right now it felt a hundred percent right to curl up with him for comfort.

a/n okay, cute calum chapter. How dare luke?! And also when I say football, I mean soccer, I don't know I didn't want to say soccer cause some people prefer to call it football than soccer? Am I making any sense?

Also, calum and leah will not hook up okay? It's only for support.

I realize I have a calum book out but it's currently on hold for idk how long and I'm starting a new one so look out for it. I'm thinking about posting it tonight with a trailer. It's going to be called invisible. K, xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 358 26
"I didn't change because of you, I changed because the thought of being without you scared me." in which her boyish demeanours vanished when his a...
3.6K 148 40
"You're the bravest girl I've met." "You get used to things after a while." "You shouldn't have to." "I didn't have much of a choice."
47 0 15
" 𝒾 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒽ℯ𝓇 𝓉ℴ 𝒷ℯ 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝒾 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁ℯ 𝓊𝓃𝒸ℴ𝓃𝓉𝓇ℴ𝓁𝓁𝒶𝒷𝓁𝓎"
104K 3.2K 62
Hope for the best, be prepared for the worst. ©Copyright TheJininNamJin ®All rights reserved to TheJininNamJin