Leah... / Luke Hemmings

By sin_bunnie

"Girls like me don't belong with guys like you." ©All Rights Reserved More

Prologue
0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
Authors note
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
Authors Note
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
3.0
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
3.5
Announcement
3.6
3.7
3.8
39.1
39.2
4.0
4.1
4.2
4.3
epilogue
forgotten chapter
Hello again...

0.8

259 8 9
By sin_bunnie

Chapter 8

Leah's POV

And so we did end up waiting for me. He was leaned against the wall, taping away angrily at his phone. I walked up to him and waved while chuckling. His frown completely changed and he grinned once he saw me.

"What was that about?" I asked beginning to walk to my next class.

He rolled his eyes and slipped his phone into his pocket. "Ben texted me to make sure I'd feed his turtle while he goes away one some trip. It's about the tenth time he asks me." He wraps his arm around me shoulder. "Anyways, I was thinking that we could ditch last period and go to the beach with Calum and you can invite your friend."

I laugh, "Only I'd have to agree with ditching and my answer is no Lucas, I will not ditch with you even though the beach sounds attempting."

"Leah you'll go through life thinking, 'Why didn't I ditch that day to go to the beach with Luke Hemmings, my greatest friend in the galaxy?'" He joked. "And my name isn't Lucas."

I attempt to wrap my arm around Luke, but his tall frame makes it impossible. Instead, I rest it on his back and pat it, "I like Lucas better. I will not ditch with you, and you are not the greatest friend in the galaxy."

He scoffs, putting his hand on his chest as if it hurt him, "Has anyone ever told you how feisty you really are?"

"I try."

We're walking through the crowds of annoying high school students, most of them freshman, when we bump into Amber and her stupid posse.

She shoulder bumps me, can she act anymore childish? "Watch where you're going, bitch!" I shout, flipping her off. My brother taught me well.

She turns around and flips her perfect curls. "What did you just say to me?"

Luke grabs me by my waist in attempt to pull me away from the scene, but it doesn't work. "I said," and I begin yelling, "Watch where you're going, BITCH!"

Luke gives up on trying to push me so he picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. Amber says some other things and all I do is flip her off with both hands.

"Lucas put me down," I groan.

He sets me down and hits my shoulder playfully. "You don't want to fuck with Amber."

"Oh, please, what's she gonna do? Stab me with her eye liner," we both laugh. "I can take care of myself."

He rolls his eyes and starts heading towards the door. "Where are you going?"

"I told you I'm going to ditch," he states, walking closer to the door

"Fine," I decide. God damn peer pressure by cute boys. "I'll go."

~

The weather was rather fresh than hot. We'd been sitting on the sand watching the wave's crash for about an hour, waiting for Calum to arrive. Luke thought it'd be a good idea to play 20 questions while we wait.

"What's your favorite color?" He asks, grabbing sand.

"Seriously that's the first question?" I chuckle. "Black."

"Wow, mysterious."

"What's your full name?" I knew Lucas had to be his full name, but I wasn't sure.

"Luke Robert Hemmings, not Lucas if that's what you're thinking," he reassures. Dang it. "Am I your best friend?"

"No," I answer honestly, "Michael is, but you're getting there, Lucas."

"That's not my name!" He throws the sand that was in his hand at me. Luckily I'm wearing shorts and a black crop top so there's already sand all over my body.

"Fine! Are you still in football?" Usually the football players stay after school practice but Luke wasn't staying, or at least that's how he made it seem.

He shakes his head, "I decided to focus on something else this year." Luke focuses on the ocean and seems deep in concentration while he bites down on his lip. "What's your favorite food?"

I'm about to answer but I'm caught off by the water balloon that just popped on Luke's head. I begin to laugh but then I feel one on pop on my back and I suddenly become soaking wet.

"Calum what the hell!?" Luke yells, throwing sand at him.

"Sorry mate," he laughs. There's a girl standing next to him. "Oh, Leah this is Mali. She's my older sister." I wave hello and she does the same. She's really pretty. They both run into the ocean and begin splashing each other.

"You want to get in?" Luke asks, beginning to take his shirt off. Fuck. I shake my head.

Every time I come to the beach, I usually just sit in the sand and enjoy the view or come to skate with Michael and enjoy the wind in our hair. I'd never gone swimming.

I got so lost in my thoughts that Luke picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. "Lucas put me down this instant!"

He laughs, "That's not my name!" He begins running and within seconds, he launches me into the water. It's so cold. He brings me back up for air and then picks me up again. "Say that I'm your best friend or I'm throwing you back in!"

"No! I refuse after that!" And with that I'm back in the cold water. I couldn't seem to bring myself back up so I tried grabbing onto Luke. He quickly grabbed my waist and brought me back up.

I gasped for air and wrap my arms his neck. "Geez, Leah, are you okay?" He comes closer to my face making sure I'm okay. Fuck. His face is so beautifully sculpted. His eyes were brighter than usual.

"Yeah, I just don't know how to swim," I snap out of my thoughts. He tightly grabs onto my waist, sending chills down my spine. Fuck. We were already close enough and now he was grabbing my waist. I was nervous as heck.

"Don't leave my side then," he mumbles, his eyes flickering between my lips and my eyes. God damnit, he better not kiss me. "Let's go somewhere that's not as deep."

I lay my head on his shoulder and wrap my legs around his body while he swims closer to shore. We weren't too far but I didn't how to swim so closer will have to do. I was able to stand now and Luke took full advantage to grab me bridal style and spin me around.

Needless to say, the rest of the time on the beach was amusing and Luke was completely right. I would've gone my whole life wondering what would've happened if I did come to the beach with Luke.

Calum offered to take me home since he lived closer to me. His sister got picked up by her boyfriend and he didn't want to drive alone. Luke agreed and we said our goodbyes.

We began our drive home and Calum gave me aux chord privileges. I decided to play Green Day, and we both began singing along every lyric of American Idiot.

He lowers the music down a little and states, "Leah you're a cool girl. I don't know why I didn't meet you sooner." I blush. I'd never received a compliment. "It's no wonder Luke won't shut up about you."

My eyes widen, "What?"

"Luke talks about you all the time now. Ever since that night at the party." Oh no. He knows about the party. "Oh, Leah, no. Please don't think it's anything bad."

"So you know?" I ask, nervously. I didn't want anyone to know, especially if Luke had embarrassing things to say about that night.

"Yes I know, but he said only good things I swear! He won't stop talking about you. Whatever you did, made him so much happier," he reassures with a grin.

"What did he say about that night?" I wonder. Maybe I don't want to know, but deep down inside I want to know every though he had after that night.

He groans, "I don't want to go in full detail, because the thought of you two-"

"Yeah okay, Calum, continue."

"He said you were different than any other girl he's ever dated, and that his first time was special-"

"First time?!" I'm shocked. "It was not his first time."

"It was, Leah. I swear."

The rest of the car ride is silent. I was speechless. I seriously thought Luke had some experience with all the dating he's done. I was completely wrong. Luke was different. He might have been an asshole back then but he didn't lose his morals. I can't believe he talked about me to Calum. I can't believe he said those things.

a/n okay the trailer is now up! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18 0 37
It's all because of that one song... -Second Book in to Girls Hate Remastered Series- © 2023 maIumxidiots All Rights Reserved ®
3.6K 148 40
"You're the bravest girl I've met." "You get used to things after a while." "You shouldn't have to." "I didn't have much of a choice."
8.3K 575 51
When the love of your life, really isn't the one
90.2K 1.4K 27
"No one can know, especially not Ashton." "Fine, but you can't tell me that you didn't like it. I know you did." "It doesn't matter what I liked. I'm...