Red Dragon of Arcadia

By RageRevan

A boy's whose life was terrible from day one, a boy's whose life was taken away and lived by his little broth... More

Issei Hyoudou: Bio
Quotes of Issei Hyoudou
Quotes of Juniper Arc
Prologue: Running Away
Chapter 1: Settling down in Arcadian Academy
Chapter 2: Magic Academy Lessons
Chapter 3: Magic Learning
Chapter 4: Technology Creation
Chapter 5: Samurai Sword Training
Chapter 6: Academy of Technology
Chapter 7: Elderly Negotiation
Chapter 8: Star of Eden
Some Information about the Hyoudou Clan
Chapter 10: Graduation Ceremony
Ova 1: Dark Shadow of the Past
Chapter 11: Black Arms
Chapter 12: Assault on the Main City
Chapter 13: Devastating Betrayal to Arcadia
Chapter 14: Call to Action
Chapter 15: Wolf Chasing
Chapter 16: Into the Outer Space
Chapter 17: Stranded..
Chapter 18: Past Confrontations
Chapter 19: Off the Planet
Chapter 20: Rise of the General
Ova 2: The 501st Legion
Chapter 21: Evil Rising
Chapter 22: Racoon City
Chapter 23: Mechanical Angel
Chapter 24: Angel Far From Home
Chapter 25: Sons of Patriot
Chapter 26: The Liquid Sun
Chapter 27: Laughing Rage
Chapter 28: Collective Consciousness
Chapter 29: The Final Battle Begins
Chapter 30: Apocalyptic Assault
Chapter 31: End of the Civil War (S1: Finale)
Epilogue: Eternal Bliss (Season 1)
Ova 3: Honeymoon Fun
Season 2: Preview 1
Season 2: Preview 2
Season 2 Prologue: Changing Scenarios
Season 2 Chapter 1: Fall of Vale
Season 2 Chapter 2: The Trial of Outsiders
Season 2 Chapter 3: Meeting of the Factions
S2 Chapter 4: New Emperor of Arcadia
S2 Chapter 5: Calm before the Storm
S2 Chapter 6: Clash between Two Dragons
S2 Chapter 7: The True Hero
S2 Chapter 8: Rise of a New Threat
S2 Chapter 9: Darkened Hellscape
S2 Chapter 10: Shattered Kingdom
S2 Chapter 11: Supreme General of Despair
S2 Chapter 12: The Broken Empress
S2 Chapter 13: Final Countdown
S2 Chapter 14: Devastating Assaults
S2 Chapter 15: Hope from the Different Worlds
Ova 4: Gaming and Conceptual Records
S2 Chapter 16: Defending the Future
S2 Chapter 17: Shattering Emotions
S2 Chapter 18: Cityscape Showdown
S2 Chapter 19: The Fate of the Multiverse(S2: Finale)

Chapter 9: Magical Examination

3K 90 37
By RageRevan

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes, Reality change

Bold + Italics: Songs lyrics, Voice on speaker

Bold + Underline: Dimension change information

[] + Bold: Recording, Chat logs, Small Timeskips and Flashbacks

(A/N: All the images or gifs or videos used do not belong to me, they belong to the respective owners)

In the DXD World, 

Underworld, 9:30 AM

The Faction Leaders were discussing the events that have been happening so far, the attacks are becoming common, as their main goal was still unknown, as they were trying to release their allies that had been imprisoned by the Factions, with a lot of work and tenacity that they had taken. 

"Anything about Hades and Nyx?" Zeus grew with a frustrated sigh, it was not enough that Hades and Nyx went completely missing. Worse, his entire domain has cut all ties with them, and refuses to do anything for the alliance. 

"Nothing....they just vanished without a trace, and not just them, even Great Red and Ophis left, leaving nothing else remaining..." Azazel commented, but internally he also grew frustrated, they did so much for Ophis and she went without any existence, Shemhazai also added. 

"The last time we saw any of them was towards the Dimensional Gap, upon this we will be launching an investigation in that area..." Shemhazai spoke his own words, as Shiva seemed concerned he then responded, "I doubt that would be wise Shemhazai, there is a reason why Great Red and Ophis just went....missing..."

"Even then, travelling in the Dimensional Gap is dangerous, we need to be careful when we are investigating, worse..." Zeus added his own wisdom as Shiva shook his heads in disappointment, he did not know what to say at this point. The God of Destruction knew a few things, ever since Issei and his family left, their problems have been increasing. 

"Regardless, with what is happening, We must locate the two Dragon Gods, them not being there is a massive problem, it is just that, in a days time. Not only did Hades and Nyx disappear along with their families, but also Great Red and Ophis, they went without any trace left behind...worse, even Issei has gone with them.." 

No sooner did Azazel mention his name, many of the people present had frowns, while Shiva was wondering why did they have so much hatred for this boy. In his eyes, he will only believe it when he sees Issei's nature first hand. 

The God of Destruction and the 'Disgrace' of the Hyoudou Family have never met in person, but he has heard of stories of him, taking credit for the Pillar's action and using it for himself, but he was not sure to believe it or not. He had a bad feeling that something would happen had he believed these stories or not. He looked at Zeus, seeing the frown on his face, he could only internally sigh in disappointment. 

"And why do you bring him up?" Zeus spoke in an annoyed tone while putting an emphasis on him, as Azazel spoke with a sigh, "That is not what I meant, even he is gone, along with Great Red and the rest, think what this means Lord Zeus.."

Zeus lost a bit of his annoyed nature and understood this, if Issei had started to work with them, it could pose a potential problem, keyword being 'potential'. Neither of the people present saw Issei as a threat, he was too weak for that.

He remained quiet since the mere mention of Issei's name would bring hatred, so it was pointless to tell them anyway. He looked at Azazel who spoke after a deep thought. 

"Look, I am only sending people for his rescue because Dai is the one who requested this, he cares for his brother despite what he has done to him. Otherwise, I could care less what happens to him, he is not our problem..." Azazel spoke with a sigh, as Shiva looked at him and spoke, 

"You shouldn't talk about him like that, even if he is the supposed person you think of Azazel..."

Azazel looked at him and calmed down, he then responded, "I guess you are right, but the mere mention of his name gives me headaches, I am sorry for that..." Shiva shook his head and spoke. 

"I guess you should rest for a while, instead of locating them, it would be wise to deal with the Khaos Brigade's revival..." Shiva spoke trying to change the topic of the situation as Yasaka spoke adding her own words, "Dai has been handling the situation so far, we have been diverting, the attacks have significantly reduced so far..."

"That I guess works, but I doubt Rizevim's goal is that simple, so far he has released Kokabiel...but nothing else, he has been awfully quiet and that is what concerns me, we don't know what he is going to do next..." Sirzechs spoke seriously as the leaders remained silent, with Elmenhilde added her words, "I have put some defenses on Valerie Tepes, her power must not fall into the hands of Rizevim, he could potentially be eyeing her power.."

"You do that Elmenhilde, until we find any news of the missing people or the Neo Khaos Brigade, this meeting is now over..." The Leaders then teleported back to their respective factions, minus Sirzechs who was left behind, he had to relay the message to the rest of his fellow Satans and the Devil Council. 

Opening Start

A loading screen is shown from 0% to 100%
[This heart gives the smallest glow, I think that I can see it show ,Your eyes have a spark, you know, Open them and see me go]

Issei is seen looking at the Arcadian capital in awe, with seeing the Academies fight'.
The Arc Siblings show their fighting skills.
With Issei, Nyx and Invictus showing his skills assisting the Original 15 in their mission.

[This world never knew my game, Hope I have a chance to stay]
A scene of Issei's past is shown, where everyone mocks him.
He wonders if it is worth saving these people, anymore.

[These arms, are worn, and never fading, The cold air is never waiting]
Issei walks the scenes of Kuoh, saddened by how his past was ruined, taken away by his brother.
He grits his teeth in anger, as he punches an image of his family.

[Had me going, my friend, I'm so blind, I can't stand ,Left alone with your hand,I think that I can see your eyes]
Issei is seen talking and training alongside a White Haired Woman, wielding a Katana.
For the first time, he felt a bond with someone, as a silhouette of the Big 3 is shown, with Invictus beside him along with Nyx and Ophis.

[And the past can show you, All the life we've been through]
A memory of his asking to be trained by Azazel is shown, as he ignores him.
He tried to ask Grayfia for training but she rejected him, he was persistent only for someone to threaten him with death.

[Lost and gone and frozen but I'm just..,I'm always running]
Issei gritted his teeth, shattering his memories, as he runs to Arcadia with his new family.
The settlements of Arcadia is shown, with different cities being shown. Issei and Nyx walk across them with awe in their eyes.
The scene changes to Persephone and Hades studying in their respective Academies, learning more.
Issei is seen having a friendship with the members of the Original 15 along with Nyx and Invictus, with a silhouette of the Shadow being shown.

[My eyes have a sparkle too, Hope that I can see this through]
Issei is seen clashing with Jaune, both having smirks on their faces.
As a blonde haired woman and Nyx cheer on the two combatants. Invictus and the others of the Original 15 watch with interest.

[My thoughts, belong, and are ever changing, Remind me on what I'm losing]
Issei looks at Arcadia, here is loved and cared, while there he is hated, in his old world.
He knew that a world that did not appreciate him, doesn't deserve him.

[These feelings in my head, I push them off instead, Of running one way, Just to come on back again]
Issei tries to remembers his past feelings for the girls, before they fade away. He soon encounters a version of Ingvild that is different than his Ingvild.

[Within this circle, Beyond my clouded mind, A new forgotten life, Can I hear that voice again]
Issei is pushed forward by the Big Three, allowing him to move on from his past.
Juniper and his family see in happiness, seeing his smile that was not present for a very long time.
Nicolas has a smirk as several men and people with weapons are seen as his target was the Arc Family.

His desire to rule is shown, as Juniper has a look of horror and despair.

[There's blue in the fire, There's red in your face, My motives are laced with gold, I'm moving, and moving]
Issei helps Juniper and encourages her in this tough time. He also gives hope to the Arc Family, knowing their sadness and despair.
Issei and his family work against Nicolas, gritting his teeth remembering about Dai.

[There's colors in the skyline, That flow into space, The feeling of floating on my own]
Issei faces off against several of the Black Arms, mercilessly killing them, as Great Red and Ophis decimate many of the Black Arms.
Invictus, Nyx, Hades and his family join the fight.

[No one in this place, I don't belong here]
Issei rejects Nicolas's offer of joining him, angering the man even more, as he fights against two Members of the Arc Family.

He watches in horror as Juniper shares the same expression upon hearing Nicolas's intentions
The Arc Siblings fight against the traitors of the Arc Clan, while a Red Haired woman has a sinister look on his face.
The Big Three along with Issei fight off against the last of the Nicolas's forces.
As Juniper and Nicolas clash against each other, with Issei assisting her as well. Both having a smile on the horizon, as they end the fight.

[Had me going, my friend, I'm so blind, I can't stand, Left alone with your hand]
Issei shook his head, shocking and surprising the Arc Council, who wanted him to be the Emperor. Even Juniper is stunned by this answer of Issei.

[I think that I can see your eyes, And the past can show you]
Issei and Juniper, along with their families watch the horizon of the Arcadia, now that things are getting better, having a smile on their faces.

[All the life we've been through, Lost and gone and frozen but I'm just.., I'm always running]
Issei and Juniper have a loving smile on their faces, as a wedding hall is shown.
The scene changes to a Issei with a different appearance being shown, along with his and the Arc Family standing behind him.

Opening End

In the Kingdom of Arcadia, 

Several Months later, 

Magic Academy, 9:30 AM

Issei was watching the final list, he knew that this would show the ones that will be ready for the final examination. He was beside Nyx, as the duo looked at the list on the screen, looking for their names. 

Soon enough their names had shown up, with Issei and Nyx being at the top of the panel, they were selected for the final exam which meant that they will be graduating relatively soon. 

"Well shit...I'd be damned..." Nyx agreed in response, it has only been almost 2 years since they have been in this Academy and they already have been selected for the finals, and they were happy about this. 

"I mean, we did some if not a lot of progress in the recent years, isn't that right?" Nyx asked with a smile on her face, as she remembered on Issei creating three more keys of Project Honkai, as well as mastering a version exclusive spell that only he can use without a problem, which even made Aqua amazed at what he is capable of. 

"Let's at least ask when the examination will be taking place..." Issei and Nyx were about to walk to the office, when someone else had called them which stopped them as a result, "That won't be necessary.."

Issei and Nyx turned around to see Aqua standing behind them with a smile, as she spoke, "Well congratulations to you two, for being selected for the examinations.." Aqua congratulated her two students as Issei responded with a smile. 

"Thank you Professor Arc.." Aqua responded with a smile, as she spoke, "If you are wondering when your examinations will be taking place, it will be a day after the announcement, and there is not much to prepare. The examination is not like your typical paper and pen or even proctored examination...like the other Academies have.."

"Then what are we in for?" Issei asked Aqua to which she responded with a smile of her own, "You will be fighting one of the people that the Academy chooses, and there will be a time limit.  You have one of two choices. Either you survive the battle or you defeat your opponent.."

"I see....so any idea who will we battle?" Aqua wagged her finger forward and spoke with a wink, "Now that's a secret, my favorite pupil..."

Issei and Nyx sighed in sadness, as Aqua spoke, "I will leave you two be, I got some paperwork to complete..."

Aqua walks out of the podium leaving Issei and Nyx alone, as they decided to head outside of the academy to meet up with Invictus. 

*Scene Change*

Cafeteria, Academy of Technology, 10:15 PM

"You two got selected?" Invictus asked with a tone full of surprise, as Issei and Nyx nodded, he then continued, "That is amazing....congratulations you two!"

"Thanks Invictus..." Nyx responded with a smile of her own, soon enough the two will be graduated from the academy and they will be placed in the army, that is another reason why Invictus is working hard in the Academy of Technology where he will be graduated soon enough, he wanted to join the army alongside Issei and Nyx, when he would soon graduate. 

"Anyways, Nyx, Issei will be in this Academy once he is done with the examination, what about you? What will you do now?" Nyx thought for a moment, as she spoke, "I may train myself in magic even more, from what I heard from Jaune, he told me about a war that took place at some sort of Bug Planet, right?"

"Yes, he did, he told me about it, where most of these bugs have carcasses that even the highest attilery or even magic struggle to pierce. Jaune also told me that he lost a lot of his companions in that war as well, I can't even imagine the grief of what he is going through..." Invictus did not say anything, both of them were right, the military years are known to change anyone that managed to survive the war that would affect them. 

Of course there are idiots who will be known to charge recklessly or make life-threatening mistakes, but that is something that the military trains on a daily basis. It was compulsory for any citizen of Arcadia to have some level of military experience. 

"Anyways, we should change the topic, say Invictus, you have any plans for the semester end examinations?" Invictus looked at Issei and spoke, "I was planning to design a small robotic device that has 360 vision and can scout towards any location..."

"I see...." Invictus then looked at Issei and responded, "What about you Issei? Have you done with your end of the examination?"

"Yes....I have done with my 5th God Key of Project Honkai..." Issei summoned two gloves from his magic inventory and placed it forward, as he spoke, "Meet the Grips of Tai Xuan"

"This allows me absolute control of any attack that would be aimed towards me, like for instance if I were to use this, any opponent's attack can be deflected back towards the opponent itself, additionally I can also manipulate the attack and use the mana inside of it to increase my own vitality. In other words, this allows me to have absolute domination over any element I choose to control..." Invictus was surprised by this, the gloves gave him a very eerie feeling of him allowing him to manipulate any prospect of an attack, if he can do that, he will become a formidable ally to begin with. Juniper was right about him, he has massive potential and can do many things possible. 

"Are there any limitations to this?" Issei thought for a moment, as he responded, "Yes, if my opponent far eclipses me in terms of strength, like An for instance, then this wouldn't work, aside from that I would also need to have a reactive body, if I don't then I will become vulnerable..." Invictus nodded in understanding, he could easily become one of Arcadia's most formidable allies, it was already shown when he was able to effortlessly learn Gravity Magic and create the Star of Eden. 

The only people that knew about the Star of Eden were An, Jaune, Rosemary, Juniper, Invictus and finally Issei and the rest of his families. Black Holes were dangerous and that was something the ones who knew were aware of, which included even Invictus as many wouldn't even survive a Black Hole. 

"The fact that my best friend was able to put the aspect of Domination into this new God Key is really something, bestie?" The one who spoke was Ddraig as the Boosted Gear manifested in the form of a gem on the Grips of Tai Xuan, it was a specialised mode of the Boosted Gear that allowed him to use both his Gear and the Grips of Tai Xuan at the same time. The only difference is that the Boosted Gear had a fiery orange color scheme instead of the usual red colored scheme. 

"Been a while, Ddraig, thought you would be sleeping like you mostly do for these lectures..." Ddraig sighed as he spoke, "Can't help it, advanced fire magic is not my type, I learnt most of my magic when I was alive...besides, I can see any memories my partner has, so it is not a problem for me..."

"Lazy ass dragon..." Nyx muttered underneath her breath preventing anyone from listening to his words, as Invictus spoke, "Say Ddraig, are you not interested in roaming outside the world, to roam the skies like Great Red or Ophis do? From what I hear, they are almost reaching the top of the Dragons present there, even their Leader is happy with the two new people in the Kingdom of Dragons..."

"I prefer staying with Issei and Nyx, and I am not in a mood to be freed, for now at least..." Ddraig added his own words, as Invictus nodded in agreement, Invictus then spoke, "So Issei, you come from a planet named Earth right? There are many Earths in Arcadian Space, so which Earth do you come from? Like a number or something you can state."

"There is no number, I had spoken to the Empress days before, and my Earth was considered unidentified, ir was light years away from Arcadia.." Nyx nodded in agreement, as she added her own words, "Not only that the fact that we managed to even reach Arcadia was by sheer chance, but also our Earth does not have that good space travel like many of the Earths here do..."

"You never intended to come here.." Both Issei and Nyx shook their heads in response as Issei spoke, "No we never did, if anything stories of Arcadia were just a red-herring considering the only person that did somehow hear of them was Great Red, that's it...we never actually wanted to come here..."

"I see..." Invictus spoke with a tone of surprise, the fact that him meeting his two friends right now was just sheer coincidence, he never actually would have met Issei or Nyx had they not come to here, or chose to come here. 

"So what is it like? Your home.." Issei responded with a sigh, "It was not the best to say the least, had my ups and downs, and I managed to get out of a really rough situation, that is all I wish to say.." 

Invictus nodded, he decided to not ask anything personal since this would increase Issei's negative emotion, something he decided not to do in any way, he knew Issei had a rough life, since he refused to talk about his past to anyone. Even Nyx decided to not share her past to Invictus, he could only hope that he comes to know more about his past as time passes by.

"Anyways, Nyx, I have a suggestion, you can head to the Kingdom of Deathless to perform some work there..." Nyx was familiar with the Deathless, as Invictus speaks, "You know who the Deathless are, right?"

"I do, The Deathless are a biologically engineered immortal species that inhabit the world of Arcadia, they have their own Land in the Continent. A Deathless can be physically humanoid or a different creature. Deathless individuals possess the ability to transfer their QIPs, or souls, into new bodies when they die. Some Deathless are known to maintain Rebirth Chambers where they can be reborn after death..." 

"Indeed, and Galath Arc is the Father of the Deathless, and the Worker of Secrets, he is known to be the only one capable of destroying the Deathless if he so wants to, using the QIPs destabilization. Also the Infinity Blade, created by him can actually kill the Deathless, denying them any body to return to.." Nyx continued the last part as Issei nodded, he then remembered an encounter with Galath Arc, 

[Flashback, 2 Months Ago]

Issei was walking from his Academy back to his dorm, as he did so, he could feel a harrowing presence that made him shiver for a moment, however once he was familiar with it, he no longer felt fear. 

"Not bad, not bad...you don't fear my aura, just like a Dragon should not...you are strong.." Issei turned around to see  a man whose stature and look is giving off an intimidating appearance. He has black hair and bright gold eyes, he wears black robes that have gold ornaments all over him, especially in his chest where it resembles a necklace. He walked towards Issei, with the latter being confused seeing who he is. 

"It seems like you don't know me, young man. My name is Galath Arc, the father of Deathless, it is finally nice to meet the wielder of the flames that can destroy souls..." Galath spoke with a serious and deep tone, which made Issei a bit nervous, although he stood fearless in front of the Deathless, something that amused Galath. 

"I see....so what brings you here Galath?" Galath took a deep breath and responded in a honest tone, "The Flames that you wield, I wish to know, is it true that you can destroy the Souls of even Gods?"

"Yes, but these flames are not mine, they belong to my Best Friend Ddraig, he was the one that taught me..." Galath nodded in understanding as he speaks, "The Welsh Dragon?"

"Yes, Galath, him...right now he is sleeping so I don't think he can speak to you at the moment..." Galath nodded in understanding, as he spoke, "I see....so from what I hear only a select few beings can survive these flames, right?"

"Yes, they are Ophis, Great Red and Ddraig's rival, Albion..." Galath was familiar with the first two, but he had no clue who this rival was, that being Albion. 

"Albion?" Issei nodded in response as he spoke, "Yes, like Ddraig he also possess something that can destroy souls..." Galath nodded, he became serious as he did not know who this Albion was, and if he was a threat that could hurt Arcadia in any way, he then spoke with a serious and commanding tone, "Tell me more, young man.."

"It's called Reduce, it is a unique blend of venom that is capable of reducing the existence of all organic matter, including Gods. Even their souls are cut down bit by bit." Galath seemed to be concerned for this Albion, as he soon asked, "Is the limitations same as with Albion as it is with Ddraig?"

"Yes.." Galath seemed to calm down a bit, so if this Albion does become a problem, then he can still be dealt with, he looked at Issei and spoke, "I have also heard of your other achievements young man, not many have such a talent like you do, you should be proud of yourself..." Issei was surprised that another of the High Council Members is also praising him, as he spoke

"Thank you Galath..." Galath gave a smile in response, as he spoke, "I will be taking my leave, we will meet again soon Hyoudou Issei..." 

Issei nodded as Galath left the scene, soon enough Issei walked towards his house as he did, today was really something else, he had a run-in with the leader of the Deathless. 

[Flashback ends...]

Issei sighed as he understood the incident that had happened two months ago, at this point, the Arcs are familiar with Albion as well, although he did tell them like Ddraig, Albion was also sealed. He did not tell them that the current host was Valery Lucifer, as Issei was not asked about the current wielder since the Arcs had no reason to know about them, they were not interested but Issei was asked, he would let them know who the current wielder is. 

"Regardless, I will consider working with Galath, but I am not sure if I can get his contact across, maybe I will try once I am done with my examination and Military service..." Nyx responded with a smile as Issei nodded in understanding, Galath then spoke

"You should do that, anyways, Issei, we have Mobile Computing as our next subject, we should probably get going..." Issei looked at Nyx who responded with a smile, as she muttered, "I'll be waiting..." 

Issei nodded in understanding, as he soon walked with Invictus as the duo headed to the class to study the subject. Nyx decided to head back home to prepare for the magic examination. 

*Scene Change*

Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Invictus almost killing Chibi Sirzechs while Chibi Issei records the scene as he watches him suffer. 

The Next Day, 

Magic Academy, 10:30 PM

Issei and Nyx were standing in the field getting ready for their examination, they had worn their traditional clothing which was a specialised tracksuit that managed their body and had a meter that would show whether the student can still continue to fight or not. The tracksuit in itself was blue in color with several patterns depicting circular slots that had a glow in it, indicating that the fighting would begin soon enough. 

"I hope the two of you are ready..." Aqua spoke ready to give her favorite students the final lesson, as she spoke, "Just remember, you will be monitored using the suits, so if you cannot continue, it will be fine. You can always attempt again, Issei, Nyx..." 

Issei and Nyx nodded, as they both went inside, Aqua had a smile, as she spoke, "I hope you are ready for your final test, Issei-kun...you will be in for a surprise..."

Issei and Nyx went inside the dark room, where they were greeted by Chisato, as she spoke with a smile, "You two, the person that has been present for your final test has been, she has appeared, I wish you two all the best..." 

Chisato greeted Issei and Nyx, remembering the time she last saw them, they were prodigies, it was almost 2 years since they were in this Academy, and now they are graduating, she had taught them some subjects and will be a bit saddened to see her top most students leave. 

But she was more happy that they will soon provide massive service to Arcadia. These two have already made Arcadia their home at this point. 

Issei and Nyx walked ahead, as they looked at the one that was waiting for them, she wore a cloak as she spoke with a smile, "Good, I have been waiting for you..."

Issei recognised the voice and became pale, he knew who this person was, she revealed herself by removing her hood which even made Nyx surprised, they never thought they would be the final person, that Issei and Nyx would be facing. 

It was An Ren. 

An had a smile on her face, her smile was gentle, but to Issei it seemed like a predator was staring down at them, he definitely respected, cared and feared An. She was like a mentor to him, who not only honed his Sword Skills to the max, but also taught him magic and some of Kugane's customs to him. 

"I hope you two are ready for your Graduation examination..." An spoke with a smile as she took of in the air and gained some distance, soon enough the lights of the room started revealing a battle-field as Issei looked to see people watching the fight in the stadiums. 

Issei knew about Graduation examinations being stadium battles, but he never expected the audience to be surprisingly high, although there were some other person that gathered his attention. Even the Empress herself was watching the graduation examinations, however someone else was watching as well, it was Willow Schnee. 

"Oh, so you came back Willow?" Willow walked towards Juniper as she spoke, "Never thought you would come for the graduation.."

"How could I miss my student's graduation fight? I'd say considering their opponent, the duo have their work cut out of them..." Willow responded with a smile, remembering An was the one that was their final opponent if they have to win their graduation. She was one of the Big Three, and even if she does not wear the Makluan Rings, she is still a force to be reckoned with. 

"Indeed, Nyx and Issei have their work cut out for them. If they have to survive her, they will have to give their utmost strength...I just hope he doesn't have to use that..." Juniper mutters the last part, if Issei reveals the usage of the Star of Eden or even his 4th God Key the Black Abyss White Flower, which was made by using the Creation Magic and Destruction Magic. This could cause a lot of problems as well, especially now that the Black Arms have been awfully silent meaning they must be planning something. 

The match soon reveals a timer on the screen, a countdown of 30 minutes as the announcer made an announcement. 

"Everyone, we are here for the graduation examination that is happening between the famous Red Dragon Emperor and the Goddess of Darkness against Lady An Ren of the Ren Clan in the Kingdom of Kugane..." Issei felt a bit annoyed by the amount of attention he was gaining. But he sighed knowing that he made quite the name for himself recently with being one of the most prodigious students so far. 

Issei could see An having a smile, as Issei nodded he was not going to back away from the fight, as he looked at Nyx, both of whom were having serious expressions, they wondered whether they will be working as a team or they will be working separately.

"The two of you will be working as a team, you will have 30 minutes to beat or survive against your opponent, if you can perform either of the feats, you will be declared a winner!" Nyx then spoke to Issei, "Well that answers that..." 

"And let the battle begin!" The announcer spoke moments later with the Countdown starting, as the two got ready to fight, An then exclaimed with happiness, "Give me the best shot! You two!!"

[29:59]

An got into her stance, Issei knew this was Wind Stance as she unleashed several Wind Slashes aimed at Issei and Nyx, Issei and Nyx jumped up which avoided them with ease, An followed up with a dash towards Nyx, she knew the weakest link of the team. Nyx looked in surprise, as she turned into a being full of darkness, she easily evaded a sword slash aimed at her throat. 

Nyx tried to ambush her, but An had prepared for that, she used Light Stance, with which she attacked the Darkness Puddle Nyx was in, forcing her out of it. She followed up with another strike, however it was blocked by Issei, who had his Excalibur in his hands. He pushed An behind as he got into her stance. 

[28:55]

"You okay?" Nyx nodded as she unleashed some dark tendrils as Issei started to run by the tendrils, he dashed towards An who blocked it with her own strikes, Issei followed up with a Fire Stance. While slow, he knew upon close range it could possess destructive abilities. 

An was quick in response, she managed to block the attacks by using Earth Stance, she was proud on how Issei was able to land the strikes, Issei followed up by jumping in the air, letting the tendrils strike with which she blocked with ease, as she did so. She dashed towards Issei, landing a few forward Slashes with which Issei was able to block, using her Wakizashi she landed a striked aimed at Issei's chest as he blocked it with a familiar revolver, which many recognised to be the one of the Judgement of Shamash. 

They both separated as Issei twirled his gun, he started to aim the shots towards An, who was trying to dodge the intense Lava Based fireballs from the Judgement of Shamash, she used Ice Stance to freeze the lava balls, as Nyx spoke,. 

"I have a plan....this will take a lot out of me, so you will need to cover me..." Issei looked at her and nodded, An seemed to be distracted dealing with the Judgement of Shamash, he continued to fire at her who was starting to deflect the slashes, she could feel the heat on her skin, even from a distance knowing what this meant. If she gets hit by those fireballs, this could pose a massive problem. 

[25:30]

An was quick and elusive, she knew what she had to do, she dashed towards Issei, as Issei was ready to block a Upslash from her, however when he did so, he saw that it was a mere afterimage, he widened his eyes in horror as he saw An going after Nyx who was preparing a spell. 

Nyx was shocked at this, An was ready to use Void Stance on Nyx, Issei then shouted, "I am not going to let that happen!" 

Issei's hand glowed a bright purple in color, as he started to increase the gravity on An's legs and hands, which made her slow her moment, but it only lasted for a mere second. This was more than enough for Issei to act upon, as he blitzed towards An, ready to strike her, which she dodged. 

"Now that is some skill in Gravity Magic, good job!" An commented the fact Issei was able to quickly defend his ally by aiming at certain points of her body. Issei nodded in agreement, as Nyx exclaimed, "It is ready!" 

Nyx unleashed a blanket of Darkness which covered up the entire stadium, it seemed to be completely dark with only Issei and Nyx being able to have vision in their area. Issei remembered this spell to be the same spell that she had used when she had kidnapped Ingvild, all those months ago. 

However, this was much stronger than before, as Nyx spoke the spell, "Darkness Night of the Black Sky.."

[23:00]

Meanwhile with the audience, they were stunned by the Goddess's control over this level of magic, with Juniper and Willow smiling seeing how the situation was turning on, these two are prodigies, something that this generation is very familiar with, especially with the One-Five. 

"So what do you think Willow?" Willow gave a smile of approval as she spoke, "He managed to learn Gravity Magic, that is one of the high ranking magics, how did he learn it so fast..." Willow remembered by what Gravity Magic is known to do, even the High Ranking Mages take months of basic learning and years to master, while Issei did so in just a few days to learn the basics, while he managed to master them in a few weeks. 

"He really is something Willow, I told you he possesses the highest potential that Arcadia has potentially ever seen...he could even reach our level if he is trained properly and justly..." Willow nodded in agreement, she was proud of her student. As they were watching, someone else had called them. 

"Auntie Willow, Auntie Juniper..." The two turned around to see a brown haired girl with brown eyes, she was wearing a samurai armor.  Juniper then spoke

"Ah Xiu, here to see the match between your mother and her student along with his friend..." The now identified Xiu gave a nod as she spoke her own words of interest, "Indeed I have heard of their skills, and it seems like I will be seeing them, right?!" 

"Indeed, right now things are going to get intense..." Willow spoke with a smile, as Xiu looked at the match between the three as she took a seat as she watched the match with interest, thanks to advanced technology in Arcadia, they are able to get a better viewing of the match. 

Back at the fight, Issei entered into his Balance Breaker state which significantly increased his powers and abilities, as Nyx commanded the night to release several magic energy blasts composed of Darkness Energy which An was able to evade, despite having her vision reduced, she still was able to sense them and dodge them thanks to her superior training. 

An was able to use some magic to illuminate her surroundings, she knew that she was in some sort of domain field which would make her struggle. But she did not mind, she knew she was strong enough to keep up with the two of them. She was ambushed by the left from Issei, since her vision space was limited, she was forced to block. The two followed up with rapid fire strikes each aiming for their weak points. 

Issei also kept evading whenever the darkness magic blasts were closeby, as An would get hit, which An was able to dodge. She noted the two were working in synergy which made her smile, their team-work is something that showed what they are capable of. Just as she managed to land, she was hit by a greenish red beam aimed towards her, which she was able to block by using Earth Stance which blocked it completely, she knew that it was Issei's Beam Blasts courtesy of his Balance Breaker. 

[19:59]  

"Not bad, truly incredible synergy you two possess..." An muttered proud of her student's and her friend's powers and abilities, not even the High Ranking Samurai's would have kept up with this level of training these two possessed. She subsequently dodged a field of Darkness eruption courtesy of Nyx while Issei used several Elemental Magic Circles comprising of Dragon Fire, Water, and Electricity to stroke An, which she was also able to dodge. 

An was elusive, years and years of training made her into one of the strongest Arcadians of all time, she saw how destructive the magic strikes were. Some more Darkness Magic was also aimed at her which she blocked it with ease, she knew that this field was getting annoying. There was only one way she could defeat this team or break this level of synergy. 

An had to find a location where she was hiding, the Primordial Goddess was able to use Darkness to completely blanket herself, making her close to undetectable, she even managed to hide the glow of her eyes, she could only see Issei, and he was constantly finding blind spots to attack An. 

[16:30]

An looked at the timer, they were almost halfway time, as Issei aimed an Excalibur blade slash aimed at her, which was revealed to be Issei's own Void Stance, An was able to block every single stance aimed at her, she struggled to do so, as she noted that Issei's Void Stance had become much faster than the last training session. 

Despite this she managed to pull it off, she responded with a kick to his stomach sending him behind, as she scanned for Nyx's hidden spot, she eventually found, or assumed to find out where she was. She dashed to that location as Issei managed to try and intercept her, using Fire Stance. 

"I knew she was there..." An was quick as she used Light Stance aiming it at Issei, as he took severe damage, Issei gritted in pain, as it was a combination of both swordsmanship and Magic. It allowed you to engulf the blade with magical effects, such as increased strength and speed, delivering powerful strikes towards your opponents. 

Issei was able to block some of the strikes, as An once again used the after-image trick again, as she aimed at Nyx, who was maintaining the field, but she now had to defend herself from the attack, she had either two choices, one she could either maintain the field or create a magic barrier to protect herself. 

Just as she was about to change her mind, Issei dashed towards her An was ready to use Dark Stance to quickly end the fight, she knew the suits will protect them, however just as she was ready to aim at Nyx, Nyx put her hands to generate a barrier. Issei came forward them and blocked the attack, creating a massive explosion. 

"ISSEI!!!" Nyx shouted in horror as An thought in horror, "I hope I did not overdo it...

An knew that the suits would protect them from any fatal wounds, but she hoped that she did not damage her student too much. However, just as she was about to contemplate, a huge burst of Aura exploded into the area which caught everyone's attention. 

When the dust settled, the armor looked like the regular balance breaker, however it looked slightly different, it was more draconic and more detailed with armor being more hardened and much stronger than before. An backed away with instinct as she got some distance towards Issei and Nyx, she clearly failed her first assault. 

Issei's armor glowed with even more aura, as Nyx asked with worry, "Are you okay?"

"I am fine, Nyx, we have a fight to win..." An was quiet at first but she soon smiled, "So this is your next stage in your balance breaker, isn't it?"

"I guess....I have never seen this armor before, all I know is that this is the first time I have seen this armor..." Ddraig added his words as he responded, "Indeed, your new armor is the strongest and the Full power of the Boosted Gear, this is it....I theorise that this armor can even take down God Class beings from your world...without a problem..." Ddraig muttered to Issei only letting Issei and Nyx hear of it.  

"Alright, then Issei show me what you have got!" An smiled as Issei blitzed with a sword in his hand, as she blocked it, she noticed that Issei has become much faster than when he was in his regular balance breaker. 

[7:59]

The audience were amazed by this new armor of Issei, especially Xiu, Juniper and Willow, as Juniper spoke with a smile, "You never cease to surprise me, Issei..." 

Both Juniper and Willow were worried when Issei took a point blank Dark Strike, as Issei was able to survive that, they were even more surprised by this level of power that was shown by Issei, even Xiu seemed amazed by what Issei was capable of, no wonder her mother took interest in Issei. 

"He really is something isn't he?" Xiu spoke with amazement, as Willow added her own words, with her speaking, "That is my student, Xiu, he is one of the strongest students Arcadia has to ever offer..."

Back at the fight, An blocked another strike from Issei which was much faster, Boost was constantly being heard throughout the match, which doubled his strength, speed and stamina, Issei was a relentless fighter and he did not stop at all costs, Nyx even doubled down her Darkness blasts as An struggled to deal with the two at the same time. 

Gaining distance, An used Void Stance at Issei, however he was able to block all of the attacks relatively quickly, which he was not able to do during his first time training with An. Given his massive improvement, she couldn't help but give a proud smile. 

Two cannons generated from Issei's back as he aimed a much stronger and quicker beam as An struggled to block the attack, as she took a massive blast from the attack. An gritted her teeth in pain, knowing that she should have dodged the attack instead of blocking it.

The beam caused an explosion, as the audience knew An can't be defeated by that attack, as the dust settled, An was alive, she was barely even damaged. She used an Aura technique to heal herself, however her clothing was slightly damaged and grazed. 

"Good job, Issei, Nyx....you two have clearly improved a lot...but it is not going to be enough, for you two to defeat me in any way..." An charged another Light Strike at Issei as he blocked it with ease, due to his now new armor, he became much more faster and stronger, as he followed up with a kick sending her behind, as she saw the timer. 

[1:59]

"Just a little bit longer..." An muttered underneath her breath, she knew that holding back was pointless, as she sensed another Darkness eruption, courtesy of Nyx, as Issei fired up using Welsh Dragon Flares, which was stronger than ever, An used Ice strike to freeze the flames, while she dodged the attack with ease. She jumped in the air, as she used her light vision to sense where Issei and Nyx were, she could see Nyx, however Issei jumped to her location and did an upward slash. 

An blocked by the strike, as she dashed towards Issei aiming a strike, he blocked it with ease, using Earth Stance, she followed it up with Fire Stance as she aimed at his vital points, the armor was slightly grazed unlike last time where it was damaged. An smiled in happiness, as she spoke

"Shall we end this?" Issei turned to Nyx as she gave a nod, Issei then responded with a smile of his own, "Let's end this..."

Issei's and An's swords glowed brightly with magic, as they both decided to use their Light Stances which would end the fight, as they dashed towards each other they were ready to deal the final strike, Nyx fired her darkness magic blasts at her also ready to end the fight, however...

The bell rang stopping them dead in their tracks, they all looked up at the screen, as it only showed only one time

[0:00]

"The match is finally over, Issei Hyoudou and Nyx have passed the graduation examination with flying colors. Please a round of applause and cheers for both of them!" The announcer announced with happiness, as many clapped and cheered for them, the Darkness field was gone causing Nyx to fall to the ground in exhaustion, she had a tough time maintaining the field and constantly attacking An with her Darkness. 

Issei rushed to her, powered down and spoke with concern, "You okay?"Nyx nodded and gave him a smile, as she spoke, "We did it, Ise..."

"Indeed we did, Nyx..." An soon approached the two and spoke, "Good job Issei, Nyx, you two have finally graduated....take some rest, cause you need to be ready for your graduation..." 

"Thanks, An....I hope I didn't hurt you too much with that beam blast..." An shook her head as she responded, "Nonsense, I have taken more than what you threw at me and survived, I'll be fine, you needn't worry..." 

Issei looked at her and gave a nod, as they took a breather for a while, this match was quite exhausting. 

Back at the audience, the trio were also overjoyed by Issei's success, he had graduated with flying colors, as Xiu spoke. 

"To think he was able to injure mother, that boy is really something..." Xiu spoke with a smile, as Juniper spoke with a smile of her own, "I told you he is really something..."

"That's my student, I can't wait to see the look of his face when he comes to know that I have come back..." Willow spoke as Juniper responded with a surprised tone, "You did not tell him?"

"I thought it'd be nice to keep it a surprise, you should contact his family, let him know he has graduated with flying colors..." Willow spoke with a smile as Juniper nodded and proceeded to do the same. 

*Scene Break*

(A/N: Bang that's it for this chapter, the next one will be the Graduation day for Issei and Nyx)

(A/N(2): The next chapter should mark the preparations for the events to come in this story)

(A/N(3): The War will soon begin that would change Arcadia, as developments take place in that world)

(A/N(4): Massive thanks to Darkdecade97  for helping me with the story, and by providing me descriptions and images of characters)

Please let me know in the comments on how to improve and I will catch y'all later

Peace!!!

Ending 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 104 5
Jaune Arc, weak, scraggly, and overall unimpressive these sorts of views weren't new not by any means all his life he'd heard this being one of the w...
135K 2.3K 26
Jaune Arc is known as the "Weakest" Student in Beacon, his records and combat skills are the lowest and no one, and I mean no one, takes him seriousl...
26.2K 730 10
Arcadia, a realm beyond our understanding, and knowledge, located in the far reaches of space. It has its own rules and regulations. Everything would...
390K 4.1K 33
So what happens if your secret was revealed. After the events of Fall forest Cardin tells everyone your secret. It was bad enough to be bullied but n...