Cryptid/ Mythological Creatur...

By Ethanhide1

Have you ever wondered what it would be like if Cryptids and Mythological creatures were real? What would tha... More

Werewolf
Gargoyle
Kraken
Jersey Devil
Gremlin
Chupacabra
Troll
Goblin
Olitiau
Cactus Cat
Thunderbird
Griffin
Mongolian Death Worm
Unicorn
Manticore
Rougarou
Centaur
Minotaur
Basilisk
Phoenix
Mothpeople
Sasquatch/Bigfoot/ Yeti/ Yowie/ Yeren/ All the Other Names
Dragon
Mermaid/ Merman/ Merpeople
Siren
Elf
Dwarf
Fairy
Pixie
Witch/ Dark Witch and Wizard/ Warlock
Vampire
Cù-sìth
Nāga/ Nagi
Giant
Wildling
Devil Monkey
Gnome
Cyclops
Gill-People
Ozark Howler
Ahool
Frog People
Wampus Cat
Snallygaster
Kappa
Owl People
Hydra
Kelpie
Wyvern
Ahuitzotl
Pegasus
Sea Serpent
Banshee
Pukwudgie
Faun
Satyr
Mahamba
Lochsaurus
Hippogriff
Warg
Kushtaka
Splintercat
Tatzelwurm
Ogre
Lizard People
Wendigo
Appalachian Black Panther
Drop Bear
Roc
Minoboar
Cherufe
Agropelter
Jackalope
Harpy
Sheepsquatch
Akhlut
Werehyena
Hog Bear
Valkyrie
Hippocampus
Mapinguari
Veo
Mngwa
Hodag
Bunyip
Ent
Dryad
Gator People
Griffith's Flying Reptile
Bonnacon
Werejaguar
Cockatrice
Sphinx
Orc
Leprechaun
Jinn/Genie

Amphisbaena

42 0 0
By Ethanhide1

Animal Class: Reptile

Diet: Carnivorous

A common question that gets asked is how Amphisbaena urinate and defecate. They do it out of a small hole near the center if their body and like other species of Snake, this hole is also used for mating and laying eggs.

One head is venomous and the other is non-venomous. Which head is the venomous one varies from Amphisbaena to Amphisbaena.

Because they share a lung, one head can stay below water for as long as it wants as long as the other head is above the surface.

Like it was implied in the last fact, Amphisbaena are great swimmers and can even hunt in the water. However, 90% of their hunting is done on land.

Amphisbaena lay up to 200 eggs at a time and this is because the young struggle to get use to having two heads on the same body which leads to conflicts between them that can result in death.

They have two separate brains resulting in both heads being two different snakes. This means that even as adults, the two heads often come into conflict with each other, but the older they get the less common these conflicts become.

Amphisbaena can be found living throughout Africa from Algeria to South Africa. There are even rumors that they had migrated into the Middle East and a few other parts of Asia.

While they are venomous, not many Humans have died as a result of Amphisbaena bites. This is due to the fact that their venom is nowhere near as strong as the venom of extremely dangerous snakes like Black Mambas and Inland Taipans.

While they have separate brains, they share internal organs, so both of them will be affected if something happens to one of their organs.

Extra Fun Fact: Studies are being done with Amphisbaena DNA that could end up benefit the treatments of Conjoined Twins.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28 0 27
This book is based on that show one of my favorites are you afraid of thr dark and goosebumpsixed this is creepy pasta for kids and adults alike. M...
22 0 21
I fought in the Vampire Wars for five years alongside my dog, Gizmo. Between us we slaughtered more Vampires than any other unit in the Army but stil...
173 0 13
There is the belief that myths are not real. What begins as a routine story for a small rural paper becomes a journey for a journalist that leads fr...
363 0 22
After Daniel and Demonic got married and took over the kingdom, they had 2 children. A son, Huro Farian, and a daughter, Zila Alexanders. Huro and Zi...