Love in the darkness | A.Ligh...

By alexandra_ab7

A long time after Clary's arrival, it seems that the things aren't going in the Lightwoods favour. Besides th... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
Author's note
Bonus chapter 2: Mundanes are the worst

Bonus chapter 1: Happy birthday

1.4K 35 2
By alexandra_ab7

The sun rays were invading the big bedroom, laying on the two figures that were sleeping peacefully on the bed. Alec's arms were wrapped around his wife's body, keeping her as close as possible to him, and Anna was resting her head on her husband's chest, listening to his beating heart. 

Waking up from the bright light, Alec opened his eyes looking around himself. His eyes then fell on the sleeping figure of his wife, her bare back covered by her long golden hair while her head was resting on his bare chest. 

He smiled lovingly as his fingers started to caress her back, drawing circles on it. Feeling his touch, Anna started to squirm a little ending up sighing and then opening her eyes a little. Her eyes then looked up meeting his hazel ones.

"Morning, my angel." Alec said as he pecked her lips.

"Morning, my love." Anna said smiling followed then by a yawn. "Happy birthday." She said and Alec smiled wide.

"You already told me that at midnight." He said. Anna shrugged and put her hands on each side of his face.

"And I will tell you a million times until tonight's midnight." She said and then brought her face closer to his, kissing him lovingly. "Happy birthday, my love." 

"Thank you, my angel." Alec whispered. He was getting 37 today and he couldn't believe all the things he fulfilled. He was the Inquisitor, being married to the one and only Annabella Herondale-Lighwood, the Unifier, his angel, his precious light, that gave birth to their most blessed gifts from the Angel Raziel, their children. A boy and a girl. He couldn't be happier with the life he had right now, and all he was thinking was that nothing would have been possible without Anna standing by his side and putting up with all his flaws and problems. 

Without a warning, Anna felt herself being pulled closer to Alec as he crashed their lips together once more, wrapping his arms around her waist, not daring to let her go. The kiss was hungry, powerful, yet gentle, as the man was trying to pour all his feelings in that kiss, wanting to make his wife understand all the things he was able to feel because of her.

"Honey, we just had a round last night. And it's also your birthday." Anna said stopping him. 

"So?" Alec asked confused as he raised an eyebrow. Anna sighed tiredly as she rolled her eyes.

"So, we have to get ready. You don't know when Erika or Chris will come in and will see us like this." She said and Alec just rolled his eyes.

"You are worrying too much." Alec said smirking.

"Oh really? Then do you wish to explain to your 15 years old son and 12 years old daughter what the hell we were doing?" Anna asked and Alec chuckled.

"Of course." Alec said and as Anna raised an eyebrow his face leaned closer to hers. "I will tell them that mom and dad are working on baby number 3." Alec said smirking and Anna's eyes widened as her cheeks turned into a deep red.

"Alec!" She scolded slapping his shoulder playfully. She then rolled off him, covering her chest with the blanket as Alec just looked at her. 

"Fine. Then let's go take a shower." Alec said as he as he got up. He then turned to Anna and reached his hand out for her to grab. "Mind joining me, my angel?" 

Anna looked at his hand and then at him. A small smile appeared on her face and she sighed as she grabbed his hand and he pulled her up. Not a second later her feet gave up under her but before she could fell she felt arms wrapping around her and keeping her in place.

"Feeling sore?" Alec asked and when Anna looked at him, she was met with a smug smirk.

"Wipe that smirk off, before I do it for you." Anna scolded and even though she wanted to be intimidating, Alec ended up chuckling and carrying her in bridal style. He opened the door to the bathroom and entered, putting his wife on the toilet and started filling the tub with water. 

After stopping the water, he turned to Anna and watched her letting the white sheet fall to the ground, exposing the purple love bites that were placed on her once fair skin. Alec smiled proud of his marks, but Anna just chuckled at the way her husband was looking at her. She stood up, helping herself by leaning on the wall and walked to Alec, who took her by the waist and lifted her up, getting both of them in the tub. Alec was leaning against the tub, as his wife was between his legs, leaning against his chest. 

Alec started to wash her shoulders, her tensed muscles relaxing when they were under his touch. Not too long ago, Anna was under a lot of stress due to all the Downworld affairs. As the Unifier she had to listen as much to Downworlders as she did to Shadowhunters. Even though Magnus was helping her, most of the work was falling on her shoulders. Alec would be lying to say he didn't notice his wife's state, or he didn't felt how stressed and tired she was due to their wedding rune, so he decided that both of them should take some rest for a few days. Spending time with each other, and with their kids, might do something good for them. Alec started to wash his wife's hair as Anna just relaxed and leaned against his chest.

"My beautiful wife..." Alec whispered as he run his finger down Anna's shoulder and kissed it. Anna hummed at the gesture and sighed as she put her hand over Alec's. She then turned around, being on her knees between his legs, looking at him and giving him a warm smile.

She took some soap and started to rub it on his shoulder feeling him relax at her touch too. They had this effect on each other. She took some water and washed his skin as Alec put his arms around her waist and rested his head on her chest. Anna didn't mind him and just took the shampoo and started to massage his scalp, making sure the substance wasn't going to get into his eyes. She then took the shower head and washed his hair clean. Alec closed his eyes feeling the warm water running down his head and smiled at the way it felt like. 

Anna smiled when she noticed the expression on his face and kissed his forehead. "My handsome husband." She whispered back and Alec opened his eyes, being greeted with the most beautiful sight he could ever wish for. He just stood there, hugging his wife, as Anna wrapped her arms around his shoulders, keeping him close to her. 

That was one of the moments that they could say they felt like one. The moments when their hearts were able to beat as one, where they were able to understand how much they missed each other, how much it has been since they were able to hold each other, how stressed and lonely they were without each other.

~~~

"Ok, but I think a film night with lasagna will be the best choice." Alec said while climbing down the stairs following Anna to their kitchen.

"I don't know. It takes some time to do lasagna. Also, the smell that it leaves behind it's not one you could get rid off easily." Anna explained.

"Is the Last Goddess Hecate and the Great Unifier Annabella Herondale-Lightwood afraid of some smell?" Alec asked smirking and Anna just rolled her eyes.

"Shut up. I'm not using magic in the kitchen and you know that." She said pointing to him and he just raised his hands up in surrender. They soon took a turn around the corner to their opened kitchen to their living room and were met with their kids, preparing the table. 

"No Erika, dad like the watermelon cut in triangles, not cubs." Chris said as he put the food.

"Oh come on, Chris. Food it's food. You should eat it whatever form it has." Erika said rolling her eyes at her brother's comment.

"Says the girl that puts mom to use her power just to make your pancakes in bunny form." Chris said and then Erika gasped.

"That's another story. Bunny pancakes look not only super cute, but even their taste it's better." Erika said while folding her arms.

"Whatever you say. Come on, we better hurry before mom and dad come downstairs." Chris said and then he turned just to be met with his parents standing there, arms crossed while smirking amused.

"I think it's a little too late for that, buddy." Alec said amused and at the hearing of his voice Erika turned to see her parents in the doorway.

"Daddy! Happy birthday!" Erika said smiling wide as she run into her father's arms. Alec picked her up and smiled wide.

"Thank you, my little princess." Alec said and kissed his daughter's cheek.

"Happy birthday, dad." Chris said smiling and Alec smiled and walked to his son while still holding Erika. He then started to mess his hair and Chris laughed and pushed Alec's hand away. 

"Thanks buddy." Alec said and then he took a seat at the table, keeping Erika on his lap.

Anna then walked to Chris and helped him fix his hair. "Thanks mama." He said and Anna smiled and kissed his forehead.

"No problem, my brave soldier." She said as they took their seats and all the family started to eat.

"So dad, what do you plan to do for your birthday?" Chris asked as he took a bite from his food. Alec looked at his son and shrugged.

"Spending time with my family, most likely. It doesn't sound bad, does it?" He asked while raising an eyebrow and Erika giggled.

"No. It doesn't." She said and then Alec gave her a bite from his food. She hummed in delight as he smiled at her cute face. 

"And people say I am spoiling my kids too much." Anna sighed and Alec chuckled.

"How could we not spoil them? Look at this face?" He said as he pointed to Erika who smiled at her mother. "How can you resist this cute smile?" 

"I can." Chris said folding his arms while raising an eyebrow.

"You are immune because you grew up with me." Erika said as she scoffed.

"Or because you are annoying." Chris said rolling his eyes.

"I am not a mirror brother." Erika commented.

Chris just stuck out his tongue at his sister and Erika did the same to her brother. "I don't know if they are like me and Izzy, or like you and Jace." Alec said to his wife as she chuckled and watched her kids.

"More like you and Izzy. In my family the girl is the mature one." Anna commented and that caught Erika's attention.

"I am mature!" Erika whined and Chris smirked.

"Yeah sure. And I am the son of a vampire." Chris said with a victorious smirk on his face.

"I never said you are more mature than your sister, young man." Anna said and that made her son look at her in surprised.

"But you said..." Chris wanted to say but got cut off.

"I said that you two sound like your father and your aunt. But I never said your father was more mature than his sister." Anna said folding her arms and at the hearing of that Alec looked at his wife surprised.

"Well that was rude." He commented and Anna just shrugged as she stood up and started to pick up the plates.

"Sorry honey, but the truth hurts sometimes." Anna said as she picked his plate and kissed his forehead, then made her way to the kitchen sink. Not long after a bell rung.

"Do we have guests?" Chris asked confused looking at his parents.

"Not ones we know about." Anna said as she and Alec looked at each other. The head of the family put his daughter down and stood up. "Stay behind me, alright?" He said as he started to walk towards the door. He took a seraph blade off the wall while Anna made a fireball in her hand and followed close behind him. Chris took out his daggers while Erika prepared her bow and arrow to shoot. 

As the raven-haired man got to the door he looked back at his family to see them prepared to attack. He made a sign for them to be quiet and put his hand on the knob of the door. Counting to three, Alec swinged the door open while the family yelled ready to jump on the unwelcome guests just to be surprised.

"SURPRISE!" Izzy, Simon, Jace, Clary, Octavius and Theo yelled happy as the Herondale-Lightwoods looked confused at them. In a second they put their weapons away and showed polite smiles at the newcomers.

"Guys! What are you all doing here?" Alec asked smiling and surprised.

"Well, we weren't going to miss your birthday for nothing in this world." Izzy said as she walked inside the house as if she owned the place, followed by the rest. "Anna, I missed you so much." Izzy said as she hugged the Highest Witch as she smiled.

"I missed you too Izzy, but you know a call in advantage wasn't a bad idea." Anna joked and Izzy just rolled her eyes.

"Not my style. You know I like to make a big entrance." Izzy said smirking.

"Speaking of Magnus, he is about to arrive too." Simon informed. Alec groaned as he made his way towards his wife and hugged her from behind.

"And here went the birthday spend with just the four of us." Alec whispered in the blonde's ear which made her giggle at his comment. Suddenly Octavius walked in front of the couple with a beautiful bouquet of lilies in his hands.

"Flowers for the lovely lady." Octavius said while bowing and offering the flowers to the witch. Anna smiled and took the bouquet.

"Thank you, Octavius." Anna smiled in gratitude and the boy smiled wide as a small blush appeared on his face.

"Dude. It's my mom!" Chris said as he nudged Octavius while rolling his eyes. It wasn't a huge secret between the kids that for some weird reason Izzy's son started to have a crush on Anna, and even though he received deadly glares from Chris, the young Lightwood didn't seem to stop admiring the witch. "I swear, if my father is coming after you, I'm not gonna stop him." Chris whispered and hearing his words Octavius's body tensed while looking at the Lightwood male. 

As years passed Alec became more muscular and aside from that, deadlier. All the Shadowhunters knew very well that the two pairs of parabatais were not people to mess with, and everybody knew that if something was to happen to the Inquisitor's family, there would be sever consequences. So Octavius knew better than anyone to try and flirt with his aunt or to challenge his uncle.

"Well, what are we waiting for. We brought gifts!" Clary said with enthusiasm. Suddenly a portal opened and out of it came the High Warlock of Idris, Magnus Bane.

"Certainly not bigger than mine." The warlock said smirking smugly while having a drink in his hand and a lot of presents floating around him.

"This isn't a competition Magnus." Alec informed chuckling but the warlock just shrugged.

"If it was then I would totally be the winner." Magnus commented and the others laughed. After some time and gifts it was time for Anna's gift. The blonde gave him a box and smiled.

"Happy birthday, my love." Anna said smiling as Alec took the box and opened it. Inside was a silver bracelet with a big saphir on it. 

Alec looked confused at it and then at Anna. "Honey, I think you are giving me to many jewelries." Alec chuckled and Anna smiled as she took the bracelet and glided her hand above the blue jewel. Suddenly a hologram appeared, and everybody looked amazed at it. It was a picture of their family, smiling happily.

"It is a memory bracelet. I know how much you hate when you are away from me or the kids, especially when you have to go to other countries for business, and I thought, maybe this could help." Anna said smiling as Alec watched the present. He said nothing, but instead, he sneaked his arm around her waist and pulled her for a kiss. The room was filled with cheers as they pulled away and Alec smiled.

"I love it. And I love you too." He said and Anna giggled.

"Fine fine. Now it's my turn!" Chris said as he brough a huge box in front of his father.

"Well that's some huge gift." Alec commented as he walked towards it and opened it. Inside was a bow, as his old one and he looked a little confused. "Chris, I already have a bow." Alec expressed as his son shook his head.

"But not like this one." Chris said smirking as he walked to his father and pressed a button. In a second the bow changed into a crossbow. The group watched it amazed. "Cool, huh? You can shoot so many arrows now and it's even stronger." Chris said and then pressed another button making the crossbow close and get smaller. "It can get easier to carry around." The boy said smiling and the group applauded for him.

"Well, this is clearly one of the most interesting gifts I ever got." Alec said smiling proud. "Thank you, son." He said putting his hand on Chris's shoulder. Erika watched the interaction between her brother and father and couldn't stop but feel a little jealous of Chris's idea for a gift. 

"Mom...I don't feel too good...Can I go to my room?" The girl said to her mother that looked at her worried.

"Is everything alright?" Anna asked while starting to check on her daughter as she nodded.

"I'm fine. My head just hurts. Can I just go and have some rest?" Erika asked with pleading eyes and even though Anna didn't believe her, she let it slide. 

"Fine. You can go." The blonde nodded and the little girl smiled as she got up and left. The others were too busy with Chris's invention too notice the leaving of the little girl. For some reason, Erika was glad, as her father won't have to notice her pathetic gift, but on the other hand she felt like she will always live in her brother's shadow. Ever since they were little, she was the one who made mistakes and Chris was the one who fixed them. Just for once, she wished her brother to not be so perfect.

Erika was siting in her bed looking at a sheet of paper. Soon, her face was covered in tears and frustration as she crumbled the paper and tossed it aside, throwing herself on her bed and crying in her pillow.

"Sweety? Is everything alright?" Anna's voice could be heard in the girl's bedroom aside from Erika's soft sobs. "Hey...What's wrong?" The mother closed the door behind and walked to the bed.

"Nothing..." Erika said sniffling as she rubbed her eyes to wipe her tears away.

"Doesn't seem like nothing to me." Anna said softly while smiling. Erika stayed silent, a sniffle could be heard here and there as she sit on the bed. Anna got closer to her daughter and put her hand under her chin to make Erika look at her. " 'Ika...what's wrong?" Anna asked as she gave a small smile. Seeing her mother look at her made the pre-teen burst into tears as she jumped into her arms.

"I'm not enough." Erika confessed and that shocked Anna.

"What did you say?" The blonde asked shocked.

"I'm not enough, mommy. I'm not." Erika cried and that made the Highest Witch frown as she pulled her daughter from the hug and looked her in the eyes. 

"Tell me who said that about you. I swear I will make them wish they never had a mouth in the first place." Anna said angry as Erika shook her head.

"Nobody....nobody told me that." The girl said and the mother looked at her in confusion.

"Then why do you think you are not enough?" Anna asked curious as Erika stopped crying.

"Because, I'm never going to be good enough. I am never better than Chris. I am not strong as he is. I am not as smart as he is. And for sure I am not as good at gifts as he is." Erika said angry as she crossed her arms and lied back on her bed, with her back facing her mother.

"So that was it." Anna said in realization. "Honey, you heard what your father said. This is not a competition. I'm sure dad will love your gift as much as he loves Chris's." Anna said as she was about to touch her daughter's arm but she just jerked it away.

"It's not only about the gifts!" Erika said frustrated. "Chris is always the best and the first at everything! Fighting skills. Handling weapons. Grades. Politics. Runes. History. Sometimes I wish I never had him as my brother in the first place!" Erika yelled angry.

"You don't mean that." Anna said shocked as her daughter just nodded and turned back in her position. "You know, you're really lucky to have a brother in the first place." Anna said softly as Erika just rolled her eyes.

"Easy for you to say mom. You were never compared to anyone. Neither dad. You two were always the best in your families." Erika commented and Anna chuckled.

"Maybe...but that doesn't mean it was all our credit." Anna said smiling. Her words attracted her daughter's attention and that made Erika turn to look at her. 

"What do you mean?" The little girl asked confused and Anna smiled seeing she got her attention.

"Well, you know your father used to be always the second to uncle Jace." Anna informed and Erika looked shocked.

"You kidding, right?" She asked but the blonde chuckled and shook her head.

"Not at all. Your father used to be as frustrated and angry as you are right now. But he also knew, he wasn't in a competition with his brother, but with himself. In fact, he shouldn't be angry at him, but be happy for him and try to support him. Working hard and knowing he has a family to protect, that motivated your father each day to get better and better." Anna explained as Erika looked surprised at her words.

"Yeah, but you were also the best in everything." Erika said and Anna chuckled.

"Erika, I was the best at everything because for 20 years I was on my own and I had to do what I could to survive. I only found out uncle Jace was my brother just after I met your father, and you can't even imagine how happy I was to know I have a brother. That's why I'm saying you should feel lucky you have Chris as your brother. He isn't trying to be the best just to be in a competition with you, but to keep you safe and sound...because he loves you." Anna said smiling as she got closer to her daughter.

"Maybe..." Erika mumbled and Anna smiled at her daughter who started to understand. She suddenly felt something touching her feet and when she looked down she found a crumbled paper. She picked it up and read it.

"Wait, Erika. Did you write this?" Anna asked as she pointed to the paper. Erika snatched the paper and put it under the pillow, hiding it away.

"It's not good, so it doesn't matter." She said shyly.

"Sweety, that song is beautiful. I'm sure your father will love it." Anna said smiling but Erika stayed silent. After some time of thinking an idea popped into the mother's head. "Will you feel better if I help you, by playing the piano?" Anna asked while raising an eyebrow.

"Will you really do that?" Erika asked her mother surprised. 

"Of course. Come on. I bet dad will love to see his girls working together." Anna said getting up and reaching her hand out for Erika to take. The little girl looked at it and then turned to take the paper under the pillow before taking before taking her mother's hand.

"Alright. Let's do this." Erika said as she stood up and together with her mom they walked out of her room and inside the living room where the others were siting. 

" 'Ika? Where have you been?" Chris was the first one to ask.

"Your sister went to her room to get your father's present. So if you all can be quiet and pay attention." Anna said smiling and the others nodded.

"Alright then." Alec said smiling as he gave all his attention to his daughter. Anna walked towards the piano and gave Erika an encouraging nod. The little girl sighed as she looked at her paper and nodded, and Anna started to play the music.

The group looked at Erika shocked as soon a clap started to be heard as Alec stood up clapping and walked to his daughter with teary eyes. He then kneeled in front of her and hugged Erika tight, as if he was afraid she will disappear the second he will let go. 

"I love you, Erika. My sweet girl." Alec said as he kissed her forehead and the little girl hugged him back tight. Soon the rest joined with cheers and claps. 

Chris soon walked to the duo as they pulled from the hug with a huge smile on his face. "Ika that was awesome! Can you teach me to sing like that some day?" He asked with enthusiasm.

"You...want to learn? From me?" Erika asked surprised as she pointed to herself. 

Chris nodded quickly while smiling. "Of course. Hey...maybe we can also make a duo and sing together." The boy suggested. The little girl looked back at her mother to find Anna smiling and that gave her another perspective of her relationship with her brother.

"Yeah. That sounds great. Let's do it!" Erika said smiling wide. The two's excitement couldn't be stopped once the boy took his sister hand and they both run out of the room towards the girl's room. 

"Hey! I thought I was the main attraction." Alec said amused as he watched after his kids running away. Anna chuckled as she joined her husband. 

"Oh, let them have some siblings time together. You never know when they will be back on your back and never letting you go." Anna said smiling as they turned towards their guests.

"Besides, the best memories you can have..." Izzy started as she looked at Jace.

"Are the ones when you are still a kid and you have nothing to worry about." Jace finished smiling. 

I'm back guys! And it only took a year! I spend a lot of my time thinking if I should give you some scenes of Anna and Alec being parents and something about their kids' lives...and here I am. I decided to give you some side/bonus chapters about their family. I don't know how many I am willing to write, but I will keep you updated. Until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 73.4K 187
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...
1.7K 190 17
Can the children of Clary and Jace Herondale along with Alec and Magnus Lightwood-Bane and Simon and Isabelle Lovelace risk their lives to save it? C...
50.2K 2.4K 47
Magnus Bane, The High Warlock of Brooklyn, wasn't just an ordinary Warlock, he was one of the rarest and strongest Warlock Universe has ever witness...
58K 1.6K 33
Asher Montgomery is the daughter of two legacies. Lilith Penrose, her mother, could conjure up the most powerful runes with her skillful calligraphy...