Devils Revenge

By aloraxarmen

This book is a mafia romance/enemies to lovers. Trigger Warning, this book contains the following subjects. ... More

❗️Authors Note and Disclaimer❗️
~Chapter One~
~Chapter two~
~Chapter three~
~Chapter Four~
~Chapter Five~
~Chapter Six~
~Chapter Seven~
~Chapter Eight~
~Chapter Nine~
~Chapter Ten~
~Chapter Eleven~
~Chapter Twelve~
~Chapter Thirteen~
~Chapter Fourteen~
~Chapter Fifteen~
~Chapter Sixteen~
~Chapter Seventeen~
~Chapter Eighteen~
~Chapter Nineteen~
~Chapter Twenty~
~Chapter Twenty-One~
~Chapter Twenty-Two~
~Chapter Twenty-Three~
~Chapter Twenty-Four~
~Chapter Twenty-Five~
~Chapter Twenty-Six~
~Chapter Twenty-Seven~
~Chapter Twenty-Eight~
~Chapter Twenty-Nine~
~Chapter Thirty~
~Chapter Thirty-One~
~Chapter Thirty-Two~
~Chapter Thirty-Three~
~Chapter Thirty-Four~
~Chapter Thirty-Five~
~Chapter Thirty-Six~
~Chapter Thirty-Seven~
~Chapter Thirty-Eight~
~Chapter Thirty-Nine~
~Chapter Forty~
~Chapter Forty-One~
~Chapter Forty-Two~
~Chapter Forty-Three~
~Chapter Forty-Four~
~Chapter Forty-Six~
~Chapter Forty-Seven~
~Chapter Forty-Eight~
~Chapter Forty-Nine~
~Chapter Fifty~
~Chapter Fifty-One~
~Chapter Fifty-Two~
~Chapter Fifty-Three~
~Chapter Fifty-Four~
~Chapter Fifty-Five~
~Chapter Fifty-Six~
~Chapter Fifty-Seven~
~Chapter Fifty-Eight~
~Chapter Fifty-Nine~
~Chapter Sixty~
⚠️Announcement⚠️
Announcement pt2
~Bonus Chapter~

~Chapter Forty-Five~

4.7K 120 25
By aloraxarmen

I could hear yelling outside and crying too. My head was pounding and I slowly opened my eyes.

My eyes were teary and I tried to sit up but I couldn't. I looked to the side and stared out a glass window. Vincenzo's family was outside yelling.

Where the fuck am I?

I groaned as my vision went funny from the pain in my head.

"WHERE IS HER SON?" A voice shouted.

"He should be here,"

"VINCENZO WHY AREN'T YOU DOING ANYTHING?"

"HE'S DEAD, THE KID IS DEAD," Everyone went silent. It was so quiet you could hear the lights buzzing above me.

"What are you talking a-about?" Alora asked. Her voice was shaking, almost as if she were going to cry.

"You lied to m-me," She cried. She had tears spilling from her eyes. She began to sob outside of my room. I watched as she did so, breaking down in her father's arms.

Vincenzo was staring down at her, a blank expression. She was crying and weeping, her father holding her up so she wouldn't collapse to the floor.

Her crying faded away down the hall, she was sobbing.

"Go home, everyone now," he muttered. They slowly left, leaving Vincenzo in the hallway. He was angry, and so was I.

He walked into my room and I closed my eyes, not wanting to have to talk to him.

I heard a book open and a few objects clattering around. I decided to open my eyes because I would have to face him sooner or later.

I slowly opened my eyes and just stared at him. He had his glasses on and a book in his hands. I looked at the cover, curious about what he was reading.

The song of Achilles by Madeline Miller.

I looked back up at him and saw that his eyes were travelling rapidly across the page. He looked over at me and quickly put the book down.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" He asked while leaning towards me. I didn't reply to him.

"Let me get you some water alright?" He said. He stood up and walked out of the room, going down the hall.

I went to brush through my hair when I realised I couldn't.

There were bandages on my head and it hurt when I touched it. I slowly sat up even though I was in pain.

"Victoria, you shouldn't be sitting up," Vincenzo explained while setting the water on the table beside my bed.

I turned away from him and stared out the window.

"Victoria are you listening to me?" He asked while coming over to the window I was staring out of. He closed the blinds and came over to me, grasping my hand.

"What hurts? I can get you some Panadol," he said. I didn't reply. I didn't want to talk to him. I pulled my hand away from him.

"Victoria, you passed out in the shower and hit your head on some metal. You have ten stitches coming from your hairline to your ear," he said while removing his hand from the bed.

"You're not allowed to sleep for a couple of hours because they need to make sure you don't have a concussion. And you're not allowed to get your stitches wet," he mumbled while sitting on the edge of the bed.

I turned away from him and stared at the mirror on the other side of the room. My head had been bandaged up and there was blood seeping through it.

"You're going to be a lot better in two weeks. You'll get the stitches out and you'll be back to normal," He said softly while getting closer to me. He put his hand on my shoulder and rubbed it softly.

"Everything is going to be okay," He whispered.

"I want morphine," I mumbled.

"Uhh, you shouldn't be having it. I can get you some panadol or Nurofen," He suggested. I shook my head.

"I want morphine," I repeated, only this time I looked at him.

"Im sorry, I can't give it to-

"Then get out," I muttered.

"No victoria, stop pushing me away," he said.

"I don't want to talk to you, I don't want to see you, I don't want to hear the sound of your voice," I hissed while pushing him away. I physically couldn't because he was so heavy and large. I barely nudged him when I pushed him.

"Go," I muttered. He shook his head.

"Im not leaving you,"

"Why? You never cared for me. You never have. All you've done is hurt me and make me feel bad about m-myself," My eyes were stinging with tears and I wasn't understanding why.

"My love, are you listening to yourse-

"Don't call me that. When you say my love, it gives me the i-idea that someone actually cares about me w-which I know is not true," I wiped my eyes to get rid of the tears pooling in my eyes. He was staring at me, his eyes soft and pupils dilated.

"I care about you Victoria, I promise I do. You're the most important thing to me right now-

"Right now? W-What about later when you don't c-care about me because I'm not v-vulnerable anymore?" I sniffled.

"Victoria, I will always care about you whether you like it or not. You have my protection for the rest of your life," He whispered.

"That d-doesn't mean anything when y-you're the reason my son is d-dead," I hiccuped. The room went silent.

"I know I hurt him in the past but I never ki-

"I KNOW YOU DIDN'T KILL HIM. THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEAN," I shouted. I was crying now, tears falling onto my cheeks.

"I need you to put your voice down, there are a lot of people in this public hospital that will be able to hear our conversation," He whispered. He held my chin and wiped my tears with his thumb but I pushed him away.

"WE FOUGHT ABOUT YOU B-BEFORE HE DIED," I wept.

"HE HATED THAT I WENT ON A DATE WITH THE MAN WHO HURT HIM. SO NOW I HATE YOU," I was more angry than I was sad.

"You don't mean that," He whispered. I nodded.

"Yes I do, n-now get out of my room b-before I call the nurse," I wept. He looked so hurt by my words. He slowly got up and went over to the door.

"Call me if you need anything," He said. He left the room, closing the door behind him. I wiped my cheeks from the tears that had fallen and slowly laid back down on the bed. I was still sniffling from the meltdown I just had.

His book was still sitting on the desk he left it on. I wanted to reach over and grab it but I couldn't. I started spamming the nurse's button so they would come quicker. A nurse knocked on the door and opened it a little.

"Hello miss Crimson, how are you feeling?" She asked.

"I want morphine," I mumbled.

"And that book," I said while pointing to the book on the desk.

"I can give you the book and some panadol but unfortunately I can not give you any morphine," She said while walking into the room. She gave me the book and smiled.

She seemed to be nervous and sweating.

"I want the morphine," I repeated.

"As I said before, I unfortunately cannot give you an-

"Go away," I muttered.

"I apologise if I upset you, ma'am, get some rest," She said softly. She left the room and closed the door behind her.

I just kept thinking about all the dept I was going to be in after this hospital stay. This isn't even including the amount of dept I'm in for the drugs.

I sighed and opened the book up to the page he had the bookmark in. There were little tabs sticking out of the end and some handwriting in pencil.

I flipped to a random tab and started reading the line that was highlighted and had annotations.

"I did not plan to live after he was gone,"

The annotation was at the end of the page with an arrow connecting it.

They thought they were going to be together forever. There is no such thing as forever.

"Go, he waits for you,"

I waited for my end, it still hasn't come.

I am made of memories.

The only reason I live on is because of the memories I've made with her. She deserves to have someone pass them on.

He finds peace in words on paper.
—————————————

It had been a couple of hours and I couldn't stop thinking about Vincenzo. I wanted him. I missed him. I wish I hadn't pushed him away.

I had been to the bathroom with the help of a nurse. She had drawn a bath for me and helped me in. She was sitting besides me, smiling at me as she soaped my shoulders.

Her name is Mavis. She's kind, unlike the other one.

"I need to get a few things from the storage room. Will you be okay for a few moments?" She asked. I nodded a little and she rinsed her hands off the soap. She left the bathroom and I heard her close the door behind her.

I sighed and leaned my head back, making sure not to soak the bandages.

"How l-long?" I small voice sniffled. I turned to my side and saw Alora standing there, her makeup smudged and her eyes swollen.

"Alora you can't be here," I mumbled while rubbing my eyes.

"How long h-has he been d-dead for?" She hiccuped. I sighed and closed my eyes briefly.

"Sit down, on that stool right there," I mumbled while pointing to the stool next to the tub. She was reluctant but slowly sat down on the stool.

"I came home and argued with Silas about your brother. I left the house and came back. I found him dead," I whispered. She was sobbing into her hands, shaking all over.

"D-Did he suffer?" She sobbed. 

"Yes he did-

She let out heartwrenching cries. I took deep breaths and let them out through my mouth. 

"W-Why didn't y-you tell me?" She hiccuped. I closed my eyes briefly before opening them again. 

"I didn't tell anyone-

"YOU TOLD M-MY BROTHER BUT NOT M-ME," She shouted. 

"I didn't tell him. I need you to calm down, take some deep breaths," I whispered. We were left in silence, her cries and sniffles echoing through the bathroom.

"I l-loved him," She hiccuped. My eyes glassed over and I could feel a lump forming in my throat.

"Tell me, t-tell me how much you loved him," I swallowed the lump in my throat, trying to be strong for her. She took a deep breath before trying to speak. 

"H-He was my first boyfriend. I-I lost my virginity to h-him because I k-knew he felt the same w-way about me. H-He's my first l-love," She sniffled. I nodded and rubbed my eyes to prevent the tears from coming. 

"H-He was the first person w-who saw me for me. H-he was the only person t-that ever made me f-feel like I mattered," She rubbed her eyes but tears continued to drip down her face. 

"W-We only knew each other for a f-few months, but I swear I-I thought he was going to be w-with me forever," She cried. A tear fell down my cheek. I wiped it up and stared at her. 

"He loved you, I k-know he did. He was crazy about you" I whispered, she was smiling and crying at the same time. 

"He was a-always so soft in h-his heart," She sniffed. She rubbed over her thighs and slowly stood up. 

"I need to tell you something," I whispered. She nodded and stared at me. 

"I grew up without any parents. My mother was a drug addict that cheated on my dad. he left when I was pretty young. I ran with silas when i was fourteen-

"It's okay, I know why you did it," She smiled. I went quiet. 

"You were p-protecting him. You're a g-good sister, and mother," She smiled while walking to the door. 

"You did g-good,"
---------------------------------------

sorry if I made you guys cry. Not my problem but also is. Don't know why I'm in a mood, maybe because of all the fucking assignments I have. 

Anyway, thank you for all your support. Trying to get more chapters out as soon as possible. 

I love you guys a lot. 

Not edited. 

Word Count: 2072

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

239K 5.3K 64
[COMPLETED] Book 2 in the Del Rosso series ____________________________________________ "It's you." ____________________________________________ Aud...
44K 1.7K 52
As we sit on top of the roof, I simply do not know what to expect. I wait to get shot right through my chest or get pushed right off the edge. So I a...
853K 21.4K 58
I would never admit this to anyone for as long as I lived, and I was going to hell for thinking it, but Theo Romano was hot when he was angry. It was...
59K 1.3K 45
21 year old Victoria Moretti, is an assassin. She is an independent woman that doesn't rely on a man to do anything. She thinks they are a waste of t...