Cryptid/ Mythological Creatur...

By Ethanhide1

Have you ever wondered what it would be like if Cryptids and Mythological creatures were real? What would tha... More

Werewolf
Gargoyle
Kraken
Jersey Devil
Gremlin
Chupacabra
Troll
Goblin
Olitiau
Cactus Cat
Thunderbird
Griffin
Mongolian Death Worm
Unicorn
Manticore
Rougarou
Centaur
Minotaur
Basilisk
Phoenix
Mothpeople
Sasquatch/Bigfoot/ Yeti/ Yowie/ Yeren/ All the Other Names
Dragon
Mermaid/ Merman/ Merpeople
Siren
Elf
Dwarf
Fairy
Pixie
Witch/ Dark Witch and Wizard/ Warlock
Vampire
Cù-sìth
Nāga/ Nagi
Giant
Wildling
Devil Monkey
Gnome
Cyclops
Gill-People
Ozark Howler
Ahool
Frog People
Wampus Cat
Snallygaster
Kappa
Owl People
Hydra
Kelpie
Wyvern
Ahuitzotl
Pegasus
Sea Serpent
Banshee
Pukwudgie
Faun
Satyr
Mahamba
Hippogriff
Warg
Kushtaka
Splintercat
Tatzelwurm
Ogre
Lizard People
Wendigo
Appalachian Black Panther
Drop Bear
Roc
Minoboar
Cherufe
Agropelter
Jackalope
Harpy
Sheepsquatch
Akhlut
Werehyena
Hog Bear
Valkyrie
Hippocampus
Mapinguari
Veo
Mngwa
Hodag
Bunyip
Ent
Dryad
Gator People
Griffith's Flying Reptile
Bonnacon
Werejaguar
Cockatrice
Sphinx
Orc
Leprechaun
Amphisbaena
Jinn/Genie

Lochsaurus

47 1 0
By Ethanhide1

Animal Class: Marine Reptile

Diet: Carnivorous

Plesiosaurs like Lochsaurus were originally thought to have gone extinct with the Dinosaurs, but it appears that small populations of them survived by moving into freshwater.

Lochsaurs are the only living species of Plesiosaur and are also the only Plesiosaur species known to live in freshwater. However, they can breathe both Freshwater and Saltwater.

Sightings of Lochsaurs occured for centuries in many different parts of the globe, but these sightings were dismissed by the scientific community until a young one was hooked by a fishermen in Loch Ness. ( Which is how they got their name)

Despite being Reptiles, Lochsaurs have been seen in some of the coldest bodies of water in the world with small populations even living in the waters of the Artic Circle.

Since Lochsaurs are Reptiles, they have to come to the surface several times a day in order to breath and this is when most sightings of them occur. 

Since it would be next to impossible for them to crawl on to land, Lochsaurs give birth to live young. They usually give birth to around 3 to 7 young, but some have been observed giving birth to over 20 at once.

Being such large creatures, Lochsaurs require a lot of food and are constantly migrating from place to place in search of it. One Lochsaur can circumnavigate the globe several times in its lifetime.

The average lifespan of a Lochsaur is around 90 to 110 years which means the sightings of what were originally thought to be the same individuals such as Nessie or Champ would have to actually be multiple separate individuals.

While their long necks allow them to grab far away prey( and even grab flying birds), they are also a huge weak spot that makes them vulnerable to attacks from predators like Sharks, Killer Whales, Crocodiles, Alligators, Sea Serpents, and Hydras.

When not hunting, Lochsaurs are incredible peaceful creatures that will even allow divers to swim next to them and even touch them. However, if they are threatened in anyway, they will not hesitate to fight back.

Extra Fun Fact: According to an ancient legend, Leif Erikson was allegedly saved by a Lochsaurus after he fell overboard in icy waters. It even helped tow his damaged ship out of the icy waters. After that day, Erikson never again raised a weapon against a Lochsaurus.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

886 19 14
In this world you're either part animal, a fantastical beast, or a human. The beasts are called Mythics. The Humans don't quite like the Mythics, a...
284 41 11
Humans. We think were the only ones on this earth. But were wrong. There's a whole other realm of people, creatures. There's a place called Elendor...
22 0 21
I fought in the Vampire Wars for five years alongside my dog, Gizmo. Between us we slaughtered more Vampires than any other unit in the Army but stil...
2.3K 210 27
"Last night, I had a dream the world ended. Half the population disappeared, and unfathomable eldritch beasts shambled out of an unending darkness." ...