Cryptid/ Mythological Creatur...

By Ethanhide1

Have you ever wondered what it would be like if Cryptids and Mythological creatures were real? What would tha... More

Werewolf
Gargoyle
Kraken
Jersey Devil
Gremlin
Chupacabra
Troll
Goblin
Olitiau
Cactus Cat
Thunderbird
Griffin
Mongolian Death Worm
Unicorn
Manticore
Rougarou
Centaur
Minotaur
Basilisk
Phoenix
Mothpeople
Sasquatch/Bigfoot/ Yeti/ Yowie/ Yeren/ All the Other Names
Dragon
Mermaid/ Merman/ Merpeople
Siren
Elf
Dwarf
Fairy
Pixie
Witch/ Dark Witch and Wizard/ Warlock
Vampire
Cù-sìth
Nāga/ Nagi
Giant
Wildling
Devil Monkey
Gnome
Cyclops
Gill-People
Ozark Howler
Ahool
Frog People
Wampus Cat
Snallygaster
Kappa
Owl People
Hydra
Kelpie
Wyvern
Pegasus
Sea Serpent
Banshee
Pukwudgie
Faun
Satyr
Mahamba
Lochsaurus
Hippogriff
Warg
Kushtaka
Splintercat
Tatzelwurm
Ogre
Lizard People
Wendigo
Appalachian Black Panther
Drop Bear
Roc
Minoboar
Cherufe
Agropelter
Jackalope
Harpy
Sheepsquatch
Akhlut
Werehyena
Hog Bear
Valkyrie
Hippocampus
Mapinguari
Veo
Mngwa
Hodag
Bunyip
Ent
Dryad
Gator People
Griffith's Flying Reptile
Bonnacon
Werejaguar
Cockatrice
Sphinx
Orc
Leprechaun
Amphisbaena
Jinn/Genie

Ahuitzotl

38 1 0
By Ethanhide1

Animal Class: Mammal

Diet: Carnivorous

These creatures evolved from small populations of Otters that started to use their tails to grab things. As the generations went on, their tails became prehensile and eventually a hand grew out of the end of their tails.

The hand at the end of their tails is stronger than it looks and many larger Ahuitzotls have been observed shattering rocks with them. 

Much like the Platypus, Ahuitzotls were believed to be a hoax when their dead bodies were brought into laboratories. They were only proven to be real when live specimens were caught on camera.

Many live in large groups that are lead by a mated alpha pair.( all group members are allowed to breed) These groups are sometimes over 30 strong.

Naturally live in Mexico and a few parts of Central America like Belize and Guatemala, but historical reports show that they once lived as far north as Canada and as far south as Brazil.

Ahuitzotls are extremely intelligent and many have been seen using rocks to break open Oyster shells and using rocks or sharpened sticks as weapons.( They hold on to them using the hand at the end of their tail)

They live in large burrows by the river and because these burrows flood easily, they have multiple of them scattered throughout their territory.

During the time of the Aztecs, these creatures were greatly feared and many People refused to go near rivers and other bodies of water that were known Ahuitzotl hangouts.

They have around 5 to 8 pups at a time, but many of this pups don't survive to adulthood because cannibalism is very common in younger Ahuitzotls.

Since they inhabit many of the same areas, Ahuitzotls have to compete with predators like Chupacabras, Coyotes, Black Bears, Jaguars, Cougars, Ocelots, and American Crocodiles for food and despite their smaller size, they usually have the numbers advantage and can easily drive competitors away.

Like other types of otter, their lifespan is around 15 to 20 years.

They prey on fish and other aquatic creatures. However, many of them have been known to ambush larger Animals that come to the edge of the water for a drink.

Extra Fun Fact: In recent years, many Ahuitzotls have been observed using their tails like whips and therefore, it is believed that in a few thousand years, all Ahuitzotls will be capable of doing it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

563 67 30
America is full of urban myths and legends. Some benevolent. Others Malevolent. But most only seek to cause pain and misery to humanity. We mere mort...
Undead By RA

Vampire

132 13 20
Being trapped inside one place most of your life is suffocating. So I took it upon myself to go behind my mother's back every chance I got to leave...
890 88 21
We live in a world where nothing is as it seems. There are things that you don't know about, forgotten over the years. These things haunt cities when...
284 41 11
Humans. We think were the only ones on this earth. But were wrong. There's a whole other realm of people, creatures. There's a place called Elendor...