Love in the darkness | A.Ligh...

By alexandra_ab7

A long time after Clary's arrival, it seems that the things aren't going in the Lightwoods favour. Besides th... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
Author's note
Bonus chapter 1: Happy birthday
Bonus chapter 2: Mundanes are the worst

75

2.3K 48 46
By alexandra_ab7

Anna, Alec, Izzy, Jace and Clary were talking about the whole ceremony. They came to Alicante, from the Inquisitor order and Sophie and Zack came with them too. While talking the Inquisistir made her way to them.

"Shadowhunters." The Inquisitor said.

"Madame Inquisitor." They said while bowing their heads in respect.

Imogen then looked at her grand children and smiled. She got closer to Anna and hugged her. Anna got a little surprised but smiled and hugged her grandmother.

"I know it's a little late to talk about your birthday present, but can we talk privately?" Imogen asked.

Anna looked at her friends and Jace smiled and nodded. Anna returned the smile and nodded to her grandmother and followed her. They took some steps way from the group and talked. Alec could see Anna's emotion going to confusion, then t o shocked and then excited. Anna then jumped a little as a little girl and hugged her grandmother tight. She then came back, tears in her eyes and a huge smile on her face.

"Hey hey! What happened?" Alec asked as he got closer to her, rubbing her arms in comfort.

"What happened with Imogen? Did she said something bad to you?" Jace asked as he got closer to her.

"No no. Guys calm down. I am fine." Anna said putting an hand on Alec's cheek.

"Then why are you crying? Bella what happened?" Alec asked worried.

"All I can tell you is that my birthday wish will be fulfilled. That's all. And these are happy tears." Anna explained smiling.

"Thank the Angel. We were worried for a second." Izzy said smiling and Anna returned the smile.

"Well if it isn't the Blessed Child." a voice said and Anna turned and her eyes widened and a huge smile was on her face.

"What? Not even an hi for your favorite boys?" one of the boys said. In front  of the group stood two men. One has brown hair an blue eyes and the other one had black hair and brown eyes.

"Erik! Zane!" Anna yelled and hugged the two.

"Hey there Anna!" The blue eyes guy said.

"Gosh I missed you Anna." The brown eyes guy said. 

"I missed you guys so much! I can't believe I finally got to see you two!" Anna said smiling at them.

"I must admit that it was boring without you here." the blue eyed guy said.

"What do you mean boring? You had me." The brown eyed guy said.

"Yeah, but even as my parabatai I can't handle you." the blue eyed guy said smirking.

"You know what Anna, it's so good that you are here! Now I can finally talk to someone that cares to listen to me!" The brown eyed guy said and Anna giggled.

Anna then turned to the group and smiled. "Guys, these are Zane Makario and Erik Ravensore." Anna introduced to them.

"Guys, these are Clary Fairchild and Isabelle Lightwood, friends from the New York Institute, Jace Herondale, my long lost brother and Alec Lightwood, my boyfriend." Anna said smiling as she got closer to Alec and he gave her a side hug.

"Lost brother?!" Zane asked shocked.

"Boyfriend?!" Erik asked shocked.

"Man!" Zane said and got closer and looked at Jace. He grabbed his chin but Jace slapped hi hands off. "Alright, yeah, he is your brother!" Zane said while looking at Anna smirking.

Anna just giggled and then she looked at Erik and saw him still in the shocked state. "Erick..." Anna said getting a little closer to him.

"I heard the rumors but I didn't wanted to listen. I thought that it was just a joke." Erik said looking at her. "You said you won't forget me!" Erik said a little angry.

"And I didn't!" Anna said with a stern look. "I said I will never forget you Erik, and trust me, it was so hard to move on, but it were 6 years for God's sake. I already thought that you would have a girlfriend by now." Anna said with worried eyes and sadness all over her face.

"Well I don't! Ok? I thought that when you will come back we will start from where we left things. What happened with all the things we told each other? What happened to the strongest couple?" Erik asked.

"Erik! It had been 6 years! I grew up, I changed! I met new people, I am a new person!" Anna said angry.

"Well I can see that! The old Anna kept her promises. The old Anna knew how to make everybody proud of her." Erik said with angry eyes. "The old Anna would have never burst at a wedding!" Erik said looking at Alec. "The old Anna would have never take the blame on herself when she did nothing wrong!" Erik said looking at Izzy.

"Erik, stop it!" Zane said holding Erik. "Man, I know you are angry, but you are creating a scene." Zane said and Erik looked around and saw some people looking at them. He then looked at Anna who was avoiding his gaze. "The Anna I knew was a true leader and a loyal friend. You are not that person. You are not the person I fell in love with." Erik said and walked out.

Zane turned to the group and saw the face Anna was having. "Don't worry. He will come around. You know he can't stay mad at you Anna." Zane said a little smile on his face. 

"It's been 6 years Zane. You don't know how much I changed, and I don't know how much Erik changed." Anna said looking down. "I have to go, but I will see you at when the ceremony starts." Anna said and she left with a girl in a beautiful white dress.

"I hate when they are angry at each other." Zane sighed.

"They would come around right? " Clary asked.

"Yeah man. I mean it's been 6 years, Erik might have moved on already." Jace said.

"I wish it was like that. But Erik's feelings for Anna didn't vanished. He missed her more that anyone. The first three months after she left he stayed in her room. I tried to set him up with someone but, nothing worked. I am happy that she finds happiness, but as Erik's parabatai I can't say I didn't wish Anna's happiness was next to him." Zane said with a little smile as he went after his friend.

"Well, this is fantastic!" Alec said sarcastic. "I just made things right with Bella and now her ex-boyfriend shows up to tell her that he still has feelings for her." Alec said frustrated.

"Alec, calm down. As Anna said it's been 6 years and she moved on." Jace said.

"Jace it's right. Besides, she love you, don't forget that." Izzy said putting an hand on Alec's shoulder and smiling. Alec returned the smile but then he sighed tiredly.

______________________

"To join the reigns of the Shadowhunters, the guardians of peace." Clary said and the Silent Brother drew the Angelic rune on her arm. 

"This rune of Angelic power is well deserved and long overdo. You are no longer a Shadowhunter in training. You've defeated our greatest enemy. Valentine may have used the Mortal Instruments to raise the Angel Razil, but you prevented a wish from being granted. Clarissa Fairchild may your heroism be a shinning example for the Shadowhunters across the world. Congratulation." Imogen said and everybody clapped. Soo Clary got to her friends and Imogen cleared her throath.

"Now I want to announce something. Most of you knew my son Stephen and my daughter in law Celine. Some better than others. You all know that there has been a long time since my son funded The Lights, to protect the Shadowhunters and somehow for the Downworlders to be closer to us." Imogen said.

"Why did she bring this up?" A woman next to Izzy and Alec asked confused. 

"I don't quiet know. Maybe this has to do with Anabella. Or maybe her new found brother." Another girl answered.

"Oh you mean Jace Wayland? That is Alec's Lightwood adoptive brother and parabatai?" the first one asked.

"Yeah. You know I get the Lightwood family wants to be again in top, but making their son seducing Anabella and their adoptive one say that he is her lost brother? Don't you think they look to desperate doing this?" 

"I don't know what to say. Jace kind of look like Anabella. And I heard that he has the same fire Anabella has in fight." 

"Well, I heard that Jace was raised in an old small house by Valentine." 

"And?"

"And if that was true, Anabella would have found that house in forest. Did you forget how much she went in the winter to skate at the lake and in the summer she went to train in the forest."

"Maybe she didn't went further enough."

"Or maybe, these people are just messing with Anabella's head just so they can name themselves Heads of the Clave."

Alec frowned at what he heard and then he looked at Izzy who was gritting her teeth at the two girls.

"I saw many persons wanting to be leaders of The Lights, some succeeded, but one person succeeded in taking them down, one by one, they all kneeled in front of her. She was young, and she knew that this place was hers by birth, left by her parents. The chance for her to rule this group of Shadowhunters was offered to her when she was 13, but she declined, telling that when she will be at the age her father was when he funded this group, she will be the next leader. Nobody ever talked about The Lights until now, when my grand daughter got 21. This is the age when Stephen was when he founded this group, and as I promised her I decided that it's time for a new generation of Lights to rise and protect. And this new generation needs a new leader, so I present you Anabella Crystal Herondale." Imagen said and then the doors opened and revealed Anna. She started to walk down the aisle in a beautiful uniform.

Anna arrived next to her grandma and smiled at her as she turned to the crowd and looked at everybody. 

"When my father was my age he funded The Lights with my mother by his side. She was representative of the Downworlders and my dad was the representative of the Clave. After my parents's death many people tried to be the new leaders of The Lights, to take the place and the role that was mine from the start, and I took them down, making everybody backing down from this position. I stood tall 8 years ago and I told everybody that when my grandma will think I am ready she will name me the new leader of The Lights. Today I stay in front of you, as a leader of a new generation of Shadowhunters that will wear the name of a light. But as much as I am a leader, I am still learning, and because I am still a student, I want the former members of the Lights to be our teachers. And for that, I want all the former members of the Lights to step ahead on this stage." Anna said and took a  few steps aside.

Soon on the stage stepped 5 men and 3 women. Anna made her way to a tall one, with black hair and blue eyes. "Paul Ravensore, former light, Stephen's Herondale ex-parabatai, father and an exemplar Shadowhunter. By the power in me I declare you the head of the teachers that are in the name of The Lights, and the main instructor of the new generation of Lights." Anna said smiling.

"Thank you, leader of Lights." Paul said bowing his head and Anna did the same. Then the persons that came on the stage got down and Anna step aside.

"I will start name the new generation of Shadowhunters that will join The Lights. The firts ones are the people that I can say they knew me for a long time. They made me strong, they were the brothers I never thought I needed, but I did, I needed them. I am grateful I had them in my life and I still am. So, I want to name Erik Ravensore and Zane Makario." Anna said smiling and the two stepped in with smiles on their faces.

"The next people were a huge part of my life. They showed me how to have a good time, how to be strong and deadly even if I smile. These people were the best friends and even if we lost one of us to the most dangerous man that once was a friend of my father friends, we knew how to stick together. So I want to name Sophie Verdad and Zack Meredid as new Lights." Anna said and Sophie and Zack stepped on the stage smiling.

"Now, these people stick together no matter what. They taught me that family is that makes you stronger and where you found your strength to fight. I found my little brother there, a person I wanted to meet since I found out I was suppose to have one. I want to name Lights the next people. Clarissa Fairchild, for her heroic actions. Jace Herondale, for his warrior abilities. Isabelle Lightwood for her ways of talking with the Downworlders. And Alexander Lightwood for his leadership skills." Anna said smiling and the four stepped on the stage and Alec saw Erik throwing him a glare.

Anna then took her stele out and stepped closer to Erik. "With this rune, you swear to bring truth" she then walked to Zane "loyalty" then she stepped to Sophie "happiness" then she stepped to Zack "protection" then to Clary "integration" then to Jace "unity" then to Izzy "respect" then to Alec "love" and then she took a step back and looked at them. "between the Downworlders and Shadowhunters?" Anna asked as she finished the last rune.

"I swear." They all said in unison.

Anna smiled and nodded. She then turned to the crowd and smiled. "I present the new generation of Lights." Anna said and everybody clapped.

Then soon everybody started to part ways and Anna and the Lights started to walk after Imogen. As the new generation of Lights, I bet you need your own office." Imogen said and opened a door. Inside they saw a round table, computer, and cabinets. Two cabinets were united and on them were pictures. Anna walked to them and looked at the photos, recognizing the persons in them.

"Jace! Come here!" Anna said smiling while picking the photo with Imogen, a smiling Stephen with a baby girl in his arms and a very pregnant Celine. "This is our family." Anna said giving him the photo.

Jace took the photo and looked at it with a surprised face. His eyes getting teary. He examined the photo and then he looked at Imogen and then at Anna who was giving him a little smile. Jace give her a smile and got closer to her. "Even though  you were mostly alone, you still have the same light in your eyes as in this photo when dad hold you." Jace said and Anna smiled as tears gathered in her eyes. "I am happy to be your brother Anna and I am lucky to have you as my older sister." Jace said smiling.

Anna then hugged him and smiled as tears were rolling down her face. "Thank you for being my brother Jace." Anna said.

They then pulled from the hug and Anna got closer to the table. She sit at the table in the leader's chair, her father's chair. "When I was little and I came in this office, I would always sit in this chair." Anna said smiling.

"I remember, I would come with you and my father and you would sit there, giving orders to everybody." Erik said a huge smile on his face.

"Yeah, imagine a little 6 year old girl giving orders to older people that were the almost age as her father." Zane said smirking and Anna and Erik started to laugh.

"Yeah. I wanted to feel like a leader, more like dad. Because in a way, I felt closer to him." Anna said looking at a photo of her father on the wall. She then smiled and turned to the group. "What are you waiting for? Sit!" Anna said and the others wanted to sit.

"Jace you stay in my right." Anna said smiling. "As my brother, you will be my right hand and be always by my side." Anna said smiling.

"You are making him your right hand?" Erik asked her surprised.

"Yes Erik. I am. And as the leader of Lights I would really apreciate if you would stop asking my leadership skills." Anna said.

"How can you name him your right hand?!" Erik asked angry.

"Because he is my brother! And an Herondale Erik!" Anna said angry.

"How can you believe he is your brother Anna?! He is like 19 years old! And he shows up out of no where and he says he is your brother and you believe him? How can you be so blind?" Erik asked frustrated.

"Where are all these coming from?" Anna asked angry as Anna and Erik stood up face to face.

"Everybody is talking Anna. The oldest Lightwood is after the heiress of the Herondale family so they can be on top again. And their adoptive son came out and says is an Herondale, and how they are somehow treated like royalties. Anna can't you see? They are lying to you. They are using you!" Erik said angry.

"Don't you dare talking like that about them Erik!" Anna said angry.

"How good do you actually know them? For how did you know them?" Erik asked and Anna looked at him. "What happened to Anna that doesn' trust too easy? That would rather stay loyal to her oldest friends?" Erik yelled.

"That girl is gone Erik!" Anna yelled in his face and Erik got a little shocked. "That girl grew up. That girl is how more mature and knows how to pick her fights. And this fight is a useless one!" Anna said sternly. Anna then turned around and saw that Jace is nowhere. "Where is Jace?" Anna asked.

"He said he needs some air." Clary said.

Anna frowned and looked at Erik. "If my brother is feeling useless or worthless because of what you said, I swear Erik Ravensore, I don't care if you are my oldest friend and how many times you helped me, I WILL END YOU." Anna said and walked out of the office.

She got in the garden and walked around and found Jace in the cemetery before their parents' gaves.

"Hey." Anna said and got closer to him.

"Hey." Jace said looking at the graves.

"Did you came here to tell them a story?" Anna asked.

"No. You?" Jace asked.

"I used to. The last story I told them was 6 years ago. But I think I could try." Anna said and gave Jace a little smile. She then got on her knees and got closer to the graves. "Hey, mom, dad. When I last come here I told you I would have to go away and that I didn't know when I was going to come back. But look at me now, 6 years later. I am the Head of an Institute, I am the leader of Lights, like you were dad. And mom, even if Valentine took my brother, I still found him, and he is right here with me, looking at you, trying to know you like I tried many years ago." Anna said looking at the grave with a little smile as tears got in her eyes.

Jace then kneeled next to Anna and bring her in a hug. "I used to do that a lot. I used to come here every day and tell them what I did. I used to tell them secrets. Sometimes, I asked them what names they would have given you. I would have thought of nicknames I would have given you." Anna said while leaning in the embrace as the blondes looked at the graves.

"You know this is the closest we would ever be to them right?" Jace said.

"I know. But I am happy, that I have at least one of you three." Anna said smiling to Jace.

"Yeah me too." Jace said giving her a little smile.

Soon Clary came and Anna looked at her and smiled.

"I will leave him to you." Anna said while looking at Clary and then she turned to Jace. "I don't care what others say. Ok? You are my brother! My brother is the only right person to wear around his neck the ring my mother wore. And you wear this ring Jace, and I wear dad's. We are siblings Jace, and the world can go to hell if  they don't agree." Anna said and Jace nodded.

Anna then made her way back to the office but as she got closer and heard voices. Familiar voices.

"Stop playing her for your family's reputation! Don't you think she suffered enough? She is broken Alexander! And you using her will damage her more!" Erik said.

"How can you be so sure that I am using her?" Alec asked annoyed.

"Because, I know what kind of people your parents are! After they betrayed the Clave they tried to impress them. I won't let such a dirty liar like you be around my Anna!" Erik said.

"What is it between me and Bella doesn't concern you. And the is not yours!" Alec said.

"Bella?! You dare to call her by the name her father gave her?! How low of you! And Anna is mine! I always protected her, better than anyone. And I was always her first." Erik said.

"Maybe, but not her first in her bed." Alec said and after that Anna heard something break in the room. She hurried and when she got in the door step she saw Alec on the ground, hia cheek bruised and Erik standing up.

"You dared to even sleep with her! How dare you?!" Erik asked and was ready to give Alec another punch when Anna stopped him.

"Erik stop!" Anna said sternly.

They both looked at her shocked and Erik got closer to her. "Is it true? Dor you really slept with him?" Erik asked.

"Yes. I did." Anna said serious and Erik just stood there shocked. "Get out Erik. I need to take care of Alec. Later, I will have a talk with you." Anna said and got in the office as Erik left.

Anna kneeled next to Alec and examinated his cheek. Alec winced a little when Anna touched it but Anna just frowned.

"I don't like that you wold him this kind of information. Not so easily and casual." Anna said while looking at his cheek.

"He was calling you his!" Alec said in defence.

"And? You know I am yours and you are mine! What others think doesn't matter. End of disscusion." Anna said as she got up and got an first aid kit. She put some alcohol on the cotton wool and put it gentle on his bruise.

Alec winced a little and Anna took the cotton from him. "Sorry. I try to be gentle." Anna said and then she put the cotton on his bruise again. Alec kept on looking at her. She was having angry face, but her eyes were filled with worry.

"You alright?" Alec asked.

"Shouldn't be me asking you that?" Anna asked smirking, but when he saw his serious face she sighed. "No, I am not fine. I am worried what would have happened if I wasn't here to stop him. And I don't like when me and Erik are fighting. I never did. He was always my protector and gurardian. To know he is angry at me, I feel like I met him down somehow." Anna confessed.

"Hey." Alec said and put an hand on her cheek. "It was a shock the girl he loved is in love with another guy. He will come around. Trust me. As Zane told you, Erik could never stay mad at you." Alec said smiling and Anna returned the smile as she leaned in his touch.

"What would I do without you?" Anna asked.

"Probably still wearing an emotionless face." Alec said smirking.

"Ha ha. You are hilarious." Anna said rolling her eyes playfully.

"Oh I know. But glad you agree." Alec said. Anna then punched him playfully in his shoulder and Alec winced. "Ow."

"That's for having a big ego." Anna said smirking. She then suddenly pulled vin for a loving kiss which Alec returned. "And that's for being an understanding boyfriend." Anna said smiling. And and Alec soon got up and after Anna sent him to search for Izzy she made her way to a place she knew Erik would be.

And when she got there she saw him. Standing on a bench, looking at the little lake in front of him.

"This used to be our place." Anna said while getting closer to him.

"Glad to know you remember at least this." Erik said not looking at her. Anna sighed and sit on the bench next to him looking at the lake too.

"I never forgot you Erik. I know you think I did, but the truth is I didn't." Anna said looking at the lake.

"Then why? Why did you moved on? Why didn't you waited for me?" Erik asked.

"Because you know why Erik. It got frustrating after some time. I never knew when I could come back. I never knew if I would see you again. And as I said before I already got a new girlfriend by now." Anna said till looking ahead.

"Die you think I would actually move on with another girl?" Erik asked.

"I hopes you would do that." Anna said plainly.

"Why?" Erik asked surprised.

"Because Erik, let's be serious. Our love was kind of boring, and kind of deja vu. We were practically identical. We never fought, we always thought the same and never had different opinions. When we were together, everything was so perfect that it started to get annoying." Anna said looking at him.

"Why didn't you told me?" Erik asked shocked at her words.

"Honestly, because I was scared. I didn't knew what you would think of me. Back then I never wanted to be a disapointment to anyone. Especially not you." Anna sai looking down.

"And with Alec? Why is he so special?" Erik asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"He is different from you Erik. So much different. We have different opinions, he is goofy, funny. Makes me laugh so hard that I can't breath. Some times he treat my like a baby, and sometimes like I am a true Queen. We fight, but we find out way back to each other every time. And even though I was never afraid of anything, now I am afraid. I am afraid to lose him. And I hard that he has this kind of effect on me, but at the same time I love it." Anna said smiling.

Erik just stood there looking at Anna as she kept on talking about Alec. She was wearing a true smile, one that he never saw her wearing.

"You are in love with him." Erik said.

Anna stood a little and then she smiled. "I think I am." Anna said and bit her lip.

"Well that's a first." Erik said and Anna looked at him confused. "Can't say I didn't wanted for you to be in love with me, but, he makes you smile. A real smile Anna. I never saw this kind of smile on your face, ever. And for some reason, I felt like Alec is a gifted man. He make you wear a true smile, something I tried to make you have since I met you." Erik said smiling. "You are happy with him Anna, and for some weird reason I feel like I can't take be that selfish and take this happiness from you. Not when you lost so much." Erik said a worried look on her face.

Anna smiled at him and hugged him. Erik smiled and hugged her back. "I really missed you Anna." Erik said.

"I kissed you too Erik. More than anyone here." Anna said while she pulled from the hug.

"Hush. Low your voice. Zane might be around and he will get jealous." Erik said smirking and Anna chuckled as she smirked.

"Oh yeah. How could I forget about your infinite contests about who is my favorite?" Anna asked sarcastic.

"You said it, not me. You can't take your word back now." Erik said smirking.

"True true." Anna said smiling.

"Hey, do you remember when we were little and we trained. We were fighting with swords and your hair was in a ponytail." Erik said smiling.

"Oh yeah. You wanted to hit my shoulder, so I dodged under your sword, but in the process you cut my hair." Anna said and they both started to laugh. "I sad so angry at you."Anna said.

"Yeah, and you knocked yourself in your room and told me that you would stay there until your hair will grew up again." Erik said between laughs.

"That was your first time when you brought extensions." Anna said laughing.

"First and last. Hopefully." Erik said and Anna laughed. "I never saw you that angry at me, until today. When you heard that your brother was out for air." Erik said.

"Yeah sorry for that." Anna said giving him an apologectic smile.

"Don't be. I mean, I know how hurt you were when you found out you were supposed to have a brother and he died unborn. And now that you found him, I can only imagine how happy you were when you found out about him." Erik said smiling.

Anna chuckled and looked at him. "Yeah, I can say I felt like I was on cloud nine." Anna said smiling. "I felt like, that part of me, that was broken when I found out about him started to heal. And every time, I tell tin something about me, and he tells me something about him, I fell like we are healing each other's scars. And you know what, I feel like it isn't so hard to accept my parents's death anymore." Anna said smiling.

Erik said nothing and just smiled at her. Anna was happy. The little girl that he met many years ago, the one that was always wearing a frown or a blanc face was finally wearing a real smile on her face. And for an uncertain reason, that brought Erik peace to watch the girl he loved for so many years finally smiling, even if other man was in the place he wanted to be.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 9.7K 87
[COMPLETED] "Emotions are nothing but a distraction, Clary." He said and I looked at him and knew that his heart and soul was filled with ice-cold no...
117K 2.7K 19
When Clary discovered Jace kissing another girl, she rushed out of the Institute, horrified at what she saw. With adrenaline pumping and Jace quick o...
21.9K 532 134
It has been two years since everything happened (with Lilith and valentine and stuff) everything is back to normal Alec is living his life so as ever...
58.9K 1K 79
[Alec Lightwood x OC] Aria Herondale, Jace's older sister he didn't remember he had. Separated from her brother at at a young age. Raised in secret...