Love in the darkness | A.Ligh...

By alexandra_ab7

A long time after Clary's arrival, it seems that the things aren't going in the Lightwoods favour. Besides th... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
Author's note
Bonus chapter 1: Happy birthday
Bonus chapter 2: Mundanes are the worst

45

3.8K 73 31
By alexandra_ab7

"Are you sure you are ok?" Izzy asked Anna as they were in Clary's room.

"Izzy, for the last time. I am fine. And weren't we checking on Clary to see if she was ok and not me?" Anna asked pointing to the redhead that was sitting on the bed.

"Well sorry for being worried for my brother's girlfriend." Izzy said smiling while rolling her eyes.

"I wonder if you were this worried with Alec's exes. I bet you had plenty of girls that would ask you about him." Anna said giggling, but when he saw Izzy's expression realization hit her. "Wait, Alec has a lot of girlfriends, right?" Anna asked and then she got in pure shock. "You can't be serious." Anna said walking to the bed and jumped on it.

"It's true. Lydia was the only girl before you he was with. But aside that, you are his first true girlfriend." Izzy said smiling while sitting down. Anna just stood there shocked. "Anna? Look I hope you won't see Alec different-" Izzy said but Anna cut her off.

"Different?! Izzy no no no. I am just shocked. It's just, Alec being Alec, I thought that he had plenty of girl dying after him. With his looks and his personality, I mean, it's just logical to think girls were fighting over him. I just can't believe I was his first kiss." Anna said touching her lips.

"Why not?" Clary asked.

"Because he was so damn good at it to just be his first kiss!" Anna yelled and fell back. "Ok. Enough of me, how are you holding up?" Anna asked Clary trying to change the subject.

"I miss her a lot. And then there is Luke. He's just vanished." Clary explained looking down.

"Luke will be fine and so will you." Izzy said placing an hand on Clary's shoulder.

"It just takes time." Anna said smiling softly at the redhead.

"How is Alec doing?" Clary asked.

"I can tell he still feels horrible for what happened with your mother, even thought he doesn't show it, I feel he does." Anna said looking at her hands.

"He can't keep blaming himself." Clary said looking at the blonde with angry eyes.

"He's strong. He will heal." Izzy said smiling and Anna smiled at the brunette.

"I see you've healed. I wanted to come earlier to check on you but your brother wouldn't let me go." Anna said complaining while hugging Izzy.

"Alec got clingy? That's something I have to see." Izzy joked and Anna laughed.

"Izzy, I've never stabbed a friend before, so I figured I at least owe you an apology." Clary said looking at Izzy with sad eyes.

"There's no need. You destroyed the demon. And besides, I am all healed up now. Aldertree cleared me for mission." Izzy said smiling.

"I heard that you will go to see the Iron Sisters. Congrats." Anna said hugging Izzy tight. Izzy smiled in the hug and hugged her back, even thought the blonde got a lot of attention from her brother and is an incredible fighter, she is also a good and kind friend. How can she even hate her?

"Thank you Anna." Izzy said smiling.

"Are the Iron Sisters anything like the Silent Brothers?" Clary asked curious.

"No no!" Anna said giggling. "For starters, the Sisters' mouth and eyes aren't sewn shut." Anna said smiling.

"They are bad ass warriors who create all of our weapons." Izzy said excited.

"Wow. I see why you wanted to be one." Clary said giggling.

"If you are lucky enough to be accepted into the sisterhood, you're marked by sacred runes." Izzy said with bright eyes and a wide smile on her face. "It's what allows the Iron Sisters to shape pure adamas." Izzy said smiling.

"The Sisters call upon the power of the angels to imbue our blades with their energy." Anna continued to explain. "It's really interesting how much they can do, but we usually call the Silent Brothers for help because the Iron Sisters are too busy to create blades for all the Shadowhunters in the world." Anna explained.

"I hate to leave you alone while we are going away." Izzy said a sad smile on her face.

"Don't worry about me. I have your brother here. You go and meet your idols!" Anna said smiling while hugging Izzy.

"Well then we better go then." Clary said smiling.

"Take care of each other." Anna said hugging both the girls.

"We will." Izzy said nodding and they walked out.

Anna got out of the room and made her way to Alec's room. She got inside and saw Alec on his bed reading a book. Alec groaned at the fact someone entered in his room without knocking, but when he saw Anna he instantly smiled.

"Hey." Anna said getting closer to him.

"Hey Bella." Alec said standing up and hugging her. HE then kissed her softly and when they pulled away Anna sighed smiling.

"God I love when you call me that." Anna said resting her forehead on his.

"I know Bella. I love it too." Alec said smiling and Anna kissed him once again. "So, what are you doing here?" Alec asked.

"Can't I see my boyfriend?" Anna asked mimicking an hurt expression.

"You know I didn't mean it like that." Alec said rolling his eyes and smiled.

"Izzy and Clary went on a mission to the Iron Sisters and I decided that it would be the perfect time for our first date." Anna suggested running her hands on his chest.

"Bella....I don't know." Alec said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Alec." Anna said getting closer to him rubbing his cheek. "Babe you went to hell and back and you didn't even take a break to breath." Anna said in a worried voice.

"Bella, we are in the middle of a war." Alec said looking her in the eyes with a serious face.

"There will always be a war, a mission or a problem to solve. Alec, we need to make time for each other or else we will forget why we fought so much to be here right now in each other's arms. I can't loose you to my duties to the Clave. Not you." Anna said looking at him with pleading eyes.

Alec sighed but then nodded and smiled at the girl. He leaned down and kissed her softly, their lips moving in sync. They pulled away and Alec rubbed Anna's back in comfort. "What do you have in mind?" He asked the girl from his arms.

"Meet me in front of the Institute. We are going officially on our first date." Anna said smiling wide and pecked his cheek. She walked away to her room and left an smiling Alec in his room to search for an  outfit.

Alec was waiting for Anna in front of the Institute. He was ready to call her when the doors opened and through them walked Anna. She was wearing a mid tight length baby pink dress. Over it was a pink jacket that reached lower than the dress. She was also wearing boots that above her knees and her hair was in a ponytail.

"Wow. You look so mundane." Alec said looking at his girlfriend.

"Seriously? Strange. These are the kind of clothes I am wearing when I hang out with my friends in London." Anna said smiling shyly.

"Well you look lovely. And pink really suits you." Alec said and Anna giggled.

"Thanks. Now let's go." Anna said and she grabbed his hand dragging him after her.

"Where are we going?" Alec asked.

"We are going somewhere where we don't have to think about the Institute or the Clave. Just us and the city." Anna said smiling.

Alec nodded and walked with the blonde girl . They soon arrived at a bar and entered in it.

"Why are we here?" Alec asked.

"Because we need something we can take our mind off of all things that happened to us. Because now that I know I am half downworlder I want to know and see more downworlders, even thought I knew a lot in London, I want to make more allies here. And here are cocktails! Anna said and got a cocktail.

Anna said and got the cocktail in her hand. "What would you like?" Anna asked and looked at Alec smiling.

"I am not the kind of guy to drink but for you I think I will have a beer." Alec said unsure and Anna smiled and nodded to the barman. Alec got the beer and Anna closed her eyes and when she opened them they were silver. Anna looked on the table and some money appeared. After that she closed her eyes again and they were back to normal.

"How did you do that?" Alec asked surprised.

"I just focused and I did everything on instinct." Anna said smiling.

"Well, that was something." Alec said looking at the money.

"Yeah. I guest it was." Anna said giggling and she clashed her glass with Alec's and sipped from it. Alec sipped from his beer and then a look of disgust appeared on his face. Anna giggled and Alec looked at her like she was crazy. "You hate it." Anna said amuzed.

"No no. It's uhm....it's great." Alec said sipping one more time and then pushing the glass away from him.

"Come on big baby. Let's play something." Anna said dragging him to a pool table.

"This is exactly like archery" Alec said after making a ball fall into an hole.

"Interesting comparison I must say." Anna said smirking.

Exactly after she said that Alec failed to put another ball in a hole and sighed. "Can't win them all." Alec said smiling.

"Well I guess is my turn" Anna said smirking and taking the pool. She bended down on the table and started to hit the balls. She made three balls entering in the holes and she smirked as Alec looked at her shocked.

"Did you do your thing?" He asked pointing to his eyes and waving. Anna chuckled and shook her head.

"Haven't you heard the saying? If you can't find the one being hustled in the pool hall, then it's probably you." Anna said smirking. "Okay." She said and pushed another ball in a hole.

"Okay?" Alec asked.

"Okay." Anna answered and winked to the boy.

"Yeah let's play." Alec said and Anna nodded.

She then bended down to his another ball but Alec stopped her by snaking one of his arms around her waist. Anna stood up and looked at him, Alec wearing a glare.

"Babe, I can't hit the balls if you hold me like this." Anna complained in a soft voice.

"I would really appreciate if you wouldn't bend so down." Alec whispered in her ear.

"Why is that?" Anna sked thinking she is getting horny but instead she saw the glares he was throwing.

"Werewolf, at the table before us was watching you too close for my likings." Alec said looking at the guy. Anna looked in the direction Alec was looking and saw a muscular guy, his hair in a low ponytail, with a leather jacket on. Anna frowned at the dirty looks he was throwing in her way and she saw that Alec doesn't like them either.

"Let's show him who got the female Alpha then." Anna said and Alec looked at her confused.

She just walked in front of him and now her back was facing the guy. She got on her tip toe, her hands around Alec's neck. "Show him I am yours and he will leave us alone." Anna whispered in his ear and he nodded, putting his arms around her waist pulling her close. He kissed her hungrily and then he put Anna to sit on the pool table with him between her legs. 

While kissing her, Alec looked at the guy sending him a glare and the guy got the message and left. Alec continued to make out with Anna and she then leaned further on the table with Alec on top of her. Moving her hands Anna hit the black ball that got in the hole.

"Well I guess I lost, Big bad Alpha." Anna said teasing.

"Well I guess I am the Alpha, and I won." Alec said smirking and Anna looked around to see that the guy left.

"Well, this was the most entertaining way to make a guy leave. Who knew that all I had to do to make you act dominant was to have a guy looking at my butt?" Anna said getting up smirking while rubbing the back of his head.

"Yeah, let's repeat this, without the part of the guy." Alec said smirking.

"I won't complain." Anna said and hoped down the table and made her way to the bar where she took a stool. Alec took the stool next to her. "You know, we both have a strong competitive spirit." Anna said smiling.

"I grew up with Jace. What is your excuse?" Alec asked chuckling.

"I am the Inquisitor grand daughter, I had to be the best at everything. Failure wasn't a choice, especially in a battle. Plus I had to be a model." Anna explained.

"Well, you are quiet a legend everywhere you go so....I guess it payed off." Alec said smiling.

"Yeah. I guess." Anna said smiling and felt Alec's hand rubbing her tight. "You know, I talked with Izzy today and she told me that shocked me." Anna said and looked at him smiling softly.

"Is it about me? By the Angel Izzy!" Alec said putting his head in his hands. "What did she told you? How bad is it?" Alec asked not daring to look at Anna.

"Hey..." She said taking Alec's hands in hers and smiled at him. "It's nothing bad, actually is something I kind of respect you for and it makes you more interesting in my eyes." Anna said smiling and Alec looked at her to continue. Anna sighed and looked at him straight in the eyes. "Besides Lydia, she told me that I was your only true girlfriend." Anna said smiling and Alec sighed looking away from her.

"I just haven't had the.....you know.....time for the relationships." Alec said looking away from Anna that just nodded. "You know this, this is good." Alec said sipping from his beer.

Anna giggled and made him look at her. "Alec, why I was shocked wasn't that I thought you are strange or weird. God, you are far from that. I just.....with a body like yours, and your personality, and damn the way you make me feel and react, I just thought you had girls dying for you. I just couldn't believe I was even your first kiss when you kiss so good." Anna said while explaining and that brought a little smile on his face.

"Do you wanna know why I didn't had a relationship?" Alec asked Anna and she nodded smilling sweetly at him. "Because of this. Cause....I didn't wanna feel like there is something wrong with me.....because I grew up in the Institute, because.....I always knew I couldn't have what I wanted...you know Shadowhunters aren't supposed to let their feelings take control...." Alec explained and Anna nodded. "And then you came along." Alec said smiling and looked at Anna with such love that she started to blush and her heart skip a beat.

Anna smiled and started to play with her glass. "What about your exes?" Alec asked and Anna got shocked. 

"Umm what?" She asked surprised.

"I know you told me about your ex, Eric Ravensore, but you didn't told me much about others. So what about them?" Alec asked.

Anna sighed and smiled. "Well as you said, I always knew I can't get what I wanted because I needed to have a future husband with a really good reputation. I understood that at a really young age, so I didn't boter searching for boys because I knew my grand mother will put me in an arranged marriage. The thing was that I felt in love with my best friend, that I knew for my whole life, we were so alike, we understood each other. We never fought, we were always in sync, we fought by each other's side. As everyone said, we were the perfect match. After four years of relationship with him, Magnus left to come here to fulfill his duties as an High Warlock and my grandmother decided to send me to London for training. I knew I had no words in that, and I didn't knew how much I will stay there, so I decided to break up with Eric. I wanted him to continue his life, because between our relationship and the duty to the Clave I chose my duty. I regretted it for two months while I was at the London Institute. I was a stone in the daylight and in the night time I sneaked in the training room, I was punching a bag and then stop and cry for hours. One night a guy found me, his name was Sebastian, he started to make me laugh and feel better. He was like a big brother to me, but one day he kissed me and I was so shocked that I just stood there. I did nothing and I talked with him and somehow we solved that problem. We continued to be best friends, and 4 months ago I sent him to the Paris Institute for a mission, but then I found out he went missing." Anna explained, saying the last part with tears gathering in her eyes. 

Alec put an hand on her shoulder and Anna quickly smiled. Alec rubbed her cheek and Anna giggled. "Let's get out of here." Alec said smiling and dragged Anna after him.

They got to the institute, their whole way back was a total silence. They got to Anna's room and Anna opened it to enter and turned to him. 

"Well thank you for the first date." Anna said looking at him smiling.

"Yeah. It was great. I think I will leave." Alec said and before Anna could say anything he walked away. Anna sighed and entered her room. When she got at her closet the door opened and somebody entered in the room. Anna turned around just to be met with a pair of lips on hers and when Anna saw it was Alec she relaxed and kissed him back. 

"I am sorry I walked away. I was just, afraid." Alec whispered while he rested his forehead on hers and closed his eyes.

"Of what?" Anna asked confused.

"Afraid that I am not good enough. You and Eric where the perfect match. I read a lot of reports about him and about your relationship. You two were practically perfect for each other. He is just perfect." Alec said a tear rolling down his face.

"Alec..." Anna said softly while wiping the tear away. "Look at me babe." Anna said and Alec opened his teary eyes to look at her. "Eric was so much like me that some times I thought I had a relationship with myself. Yeah, we seemed to be the perfect match, and that was all everybody wanted, but he wasn't what I needed. In love you don't get what you want, you get what you need, and I got you. I need you Alec. In my eyes you are more than perfect for me, and more than enough. You are all I wanted and more! So please, stop thinking you aren't enough for me because you make me feel like a monster for making you feel like that." Anna said with pleading eyes and tears in her eyes.

"Love you so much!" Alec whispered and kissed her.

"I love you too." Anna said smiling against the kiss. They pulled away and Alec looked around. "I remember the last time I got in your room, I didn't get the chance to look around." He said smirking remembering that moment.

"Yeah, you were too busy to admire me in a towel." Anna said rolling her eyes.

"And what a sight was that." Alec said looking around smirking while Anna blushed.

"God Lightwood, how come I am your first girlfriend and you are so good at this?!" Anna said frustrated but Alec just chuckled. He then looked near the window and saw an instrument.

"You play guitar?" Alec asked surprised.

"I thought your sister told you." Anna said.

"Izzy knew?! Well I am hurt." Alec said pouting.

Anna giggled. "God Alec, you are such a baby." Anna said rolling her eyes playfully.

"Only for you. Do you know what would make me feel better?" Alec asked smirking while raising an eyebrow.

"What?" Anna asked curious.

"If you would sing me something with the guitar." Alec said giving Anna the guitar. "I won't accept no as an answer." Alec said sternly.

"Fine. Oh what I need to do for my injured boyfriend." Anna said sarcastic smiling.

They sit on the bed. Alec putting his head on the pillows and Anna sit down with the guitar in her hands.

Anna looked at Alec and he smiled

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.9K 1K 79
[Alec Lightwood x OC] Aria Herondale, Jace's older sister he didn't remember he had. Separated from her brother at at a young age. Raised in secret...
21.9K 532 134
It has been two years since everything happened (with Lilith and valentine and stuff) everything is back to normal Alec is living his life so as ever...
322K 8.1K 38
"I'm sorry I never meant for this to happen I was supposed to protect you" "It's fine. I'll just have to live with it or should I say be dead with it...
2K 38 17
Five years ago, Imogen arranged Jace's marriage to Isabeau Dragonway, after Clary turned down his marriage proposal twice. Jace and Isabeau met and h...