Love in the darkness | A.Ligh...

By alexandra_ab7

A long time after Clary's arrival, it seems that the things aren't going in the Lightwoods favour. Besides th... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
Author's note
Bonus chapter 1: Happy birthday
Bonus chapter 2: Mundanes are the worst

38

4K 73 22
By alexandra_ab7

Anna and Alec were in the Institute waiting for news about Jace when they saw Lydia.

"Hey, Lydia." Anna called. "Have you heard something about Jace?" She asked and Lydia smiled softly.

"He is on the trial with the Soul Sword. I am still waiting for news just like you." Lydia informed.

"Thank you." Alec said and Lydia left.

Anna got closer to him and snaked her hand in his and gave it a little squeeze. Alec looked at her and give her a smile. "Are you gonna be ok?" Anna asked worried.

"I will. Once Jace will put his hand on the Soul Sword the truth will come out, and everybody will know that he is innocent." Alec said.

Anna nodded and rubbed his arm in comfort. Alec turned to her and pulled her in a hug which she didn't hesitate to return. "I really needed that." Alec whispered in her hair.

"Glad I could help." Anna said smiling in the hug.

"We really need to go on that date." Alec said rubbing Anna's back.

"I know. And we will. We just have to wait until this whole situation calm down. Or at least until Jace gets back.

Suddenly the lights started to shine red and Anna and Alec made their way to the main room. There they found a shadowhunter on the ground dead, a hole in his chest. Not far away from him another one was sitting down, one of his hands covered in blood.

"Oh my God, Welkie." Clary exclaimed shocked when she saw the dead man on the ground.

"What happened here?" Anna asked.

"Hole punched right through his chest." Lydia said.

"Jus like our mundane in the morgue." Izzy concluded and Anna frowned at the information.

Alec bended down to examine the body. Suddenly he stood up and looked serious at everybody. "The demon is in the Institute." Alec announced.

"Activate the emergency surveillance. Victor's unreachable. I've ordered the Institute be put on quarantine until we kill this thing." Lydia informed as she walked with the rest to a planning table

"But I don't get it. How the demon got inside the Institute?" Clary asked.

"Probably he used the dead body as a Troyan Horse so he can get inside. He let us do the job." Anna concluded.

"I didn't know that demons could do that." Clary said confused.

"They couldn't." Alec said.

"This new form of possession, cloaking ability targeting , it's..." Izzy said.

"Valentine." Clary continued.

"His experiments." Anna said angry.

"Mom told me how he was determined to create a super-being that could defeat the Clave. It's what he tried to do with Jace." Clary informed and they all nodded.

"Both victims had damage to the prefrontal cortex. The demon must be feeding on negative emotions." Izzy informed.

"So that means being optimistic and no anger, guilt, worry, hate or rage. Good, I am an expert at that." Anna said smirking.

The rest just chuckled and shook their heads. "So we continue to scan for venom and heat signatures." Alec said.

Right. Alec, you check the living quarters. Clary and Izzy, you two take the utility tunnels. And Anna you are coming with me." They all nodded and parted.

Anna went with Lydia by her side looking around. 

"You know, this feels like that old times we were in London with John." Anna said smiling.

"Yeah, it is. It's just this time is just us." Lydia said smiling at Anna.

"Well, at least I am stuck with a smart ass." Anna said rolling her eyes playfully.

Lydia giggled and nodded. "Glad I am stuck with you too." She said and Anna smiled.

"We didn't talked like that since..." Anna said.

"Since you became the head of the Institute." Lydia said and sighed.

"I always wondered what did I do to make you so mad at me. Sorry I stole your chance." Anna confesed.

"It's not your fault Anna. I was just.....jealous I think. You got the respect and the strategies. You deserved to be head, I think I was just angry at myself that I couldn't do better." Lydia said looking down.

"Hey." Anna said and stooped in front of her. "We both see things different and have different ideas and age. Think about this, you didn't get to be head of the Institute in London. So what? That thought motivated you to be someone close to my grandma which is very hard for someone who isn't from the family." Anna explained.

Lydia just smiled and nodded. "A door closed in front of you Lydia, but another opened." Anna said and smiled at her. Lydia just hugged Anna and that shocked her but she hugged back.

"Thank you." Lydia whispered in Anna's shoulder.

"No problem. Now let's go and hunt a demon." Anna said and Lydia nodded.

"Hey girls, I will come with you." The girls heard Raj said and they just rolled their eyes.

"The day just kept on getting better." Anna mumbled and Lydia giggled at her.

"If you try to make it for your incompetence, then don't hold your breath." Lydia said while Raj walked in front of them.

"Wow, no wonder Alec left you for the Miss Perfect." Raj said with a demonic voice. He turned around and the girls saw his complete black eyes.

Raj wanted to attack Lydia but Anna blocked him. She blocked his attack and got her seraph blade out. She wanted to stab him on his side but he grabbed her wrist and make her face Lydia and pressed her back to his chest. Lydia was ready to attack him, but Raj used his demon speed and threw Anna to a wall far from them. Anna hit the wall that kicked the air out of her lungs. She fell to the ground and saw the two fight.

Lydia fought Raj but he knocked the blade out of her hand and threw her to a wall. Lydia stood on her legs and looked at Raj. 

"You want a piece of this? Come and get it." Lydia said and made a spin and hit Raj head.

His head turned to a side but it came back with a crack that made Anna shiver. Raj attacked Lydia and pinned her to the ground. Anna tried to get on her feet but then she heard Lydia scream in pain and when she looked at them she saw Raj pulling Lydia's arm in a strange angle.

"Lydia!" Anna yelled and threw a shurikane. Raj got it in his hand and threw it back at Anna who dodged it. He used his demon speed and pinned Anna to the wall holding her by her throat. She tried to pray his hand from her neck but everything was in vain.

Raj smirked. "All so strong. So arrogant and yet you go after a man who can't even be here to save you." Raj said.

"I can save myself. I don't need a man for that." Anna said serious.

"Yet you chose Alec. The guy doesn't even have a spine." Raj said.

"Why are you talking about me and Alec? Jealous?" Anna asked smirking.

"You were a royalty in my eyes, and I respected you from the very start. But you went after the guy whose family went behind your back." Raj said angry.

"Wow. Darling, so many guys acted like they own me, you are no different from them." Anna snapped at him angry.

"Well let's see how your boyfriend will feel when I will be the one owning that little heart from your chest." Raj said smirking and he went with his hand to her chest. He undid her shirt to reveal some of her chest and her saw something shine. He then rip it from her neck and saw that it was a ring.

"Well, what is this?" Raj asked smirking.

"No! Give it back." Anna said nervous as she started to squirm.

"I don't think so. But I will keep it after you die. I will even tell Alec that you gave it to me before you die." Raj said his voice made Anna shiver.

Raj hand went to Anna's chest and pushed it. One finger went through his skin and Anna screamed in agony. She then felt herself being light and the next thing she knew a mysterious fog came from her hands and then it pushed Raj away from her. It made him squirm and then a black smoke got out of him and went in the vent.

Anna was on the floor gasping for air and when she looked up she saw Alec looking at her shocked.

"Bella." Alec said as he run to her. 

"What happened?" Anna asked.

"Raj was attacking you. I was going to shoot him but then some smoke come from your hands, and then your eyes were silver and then it was this kind of force from you that pushed Raj away." Alec explained and Anna looked at Raj's body in shock. 

She got on her feet holding her chest and walked to Raj's body and picked the ring he was holding in his hands. She pulled it to her chest and closed her eyes tired.

"What is that ring?" Alec asked.

"It's my father's. It's the only thing I got from him after my parents died. I never found my mother's ring, but I hope one day I will." Anna said putting the ring on the chain and put it around her neck.

"Ummm....Bella...." Alec said shocked and when Anna looked where he looked she couldn't believe her eyes. On the back of her both hands was placed a symbol. Not a rune. A symbol. The same cursed symbol she dreamed about.

"This is not possible. How?" Anna asked as she looked at her hands in shock.

"What is this? It's not a rune." Alec said.

"This is the symbol I dream of so many nights. How can it be?" Anna asked looked at her hands still in shock.

"Dreamed? What are you talking about Bella?" Alec asked worried.

"This.....symbol.....I had dreams. Strange dreams with it in them, and they were so strange." Anna explained.

Suddenly they heard a scream and Alec sighed. "Love I would like to talk about this later if it's not bad for you. We still have a demon to kill." Alec said sighing.

"Right. Can you and the rest handle it? I really need to see what is going on with me." Anna asked as she looked at Alec.

"And how do you plan to do that?" Alec asked.

"I am going at Magnus. I will try to see what is going on with me and see what I can find out. He must know something." Anna said and looked at Alec with pleading eyes.

"Fine. Just please be careful." Alec said as he pulled Anna in a hug and kissed her forehead.

"I will. Now go and hunt that demon." Anna said smiling.

"Love you." Alec said and started to walk away.

"Love you." Anna said smiling.

Alec then stood in one place and turned to Anna. He pulled her close and kissed her lips. They pulled away and rested their foreheads.

"Take care. Please." Alec said, his voice full of worry.

Anna put an hand on his cheek and rubbed it in comfort. "Don't worry. I got my weapons and I know what I am doing. Right now just be careful. I don't want to come back and find my boyfriend with a hole in his chest." Anna said caressing a finger along his chest.

Alec chuckled at her way of comfort and he nodded as he hugged her for the last time before he walked away searching for someone to help Lydia and Raj. Anna walked to the exit and to her friend's house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 2.6K 29
"Nephilims" That's what they're called, beings that protect the mundane world from demons, beings that are half-angel and half-human. They only have...
923K 15K 75
[π‘©π’π’π’Œ 1 - π‘©π’π’‚π’„π’Œπ’”π’•π’π’“π’Ž π‘³π’†π’ˆπ’‚π’„π’š] ❝Don't know where it goes But it's home to me, and I walk alone❞ ━━Green Day, Boulevard Of Broken Dr...
2.7M 73.4K 187
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...
4.2K 95 36
Freya Morgenstern. Freya had discovered the truth about her family. Her real family. She had been advised to go to Idris with the light woods and Ja...