Love in the darkness | A.Ligh...

By alexandra_ab7

A long time after Clary's arrival, it seems that the things aren't going in the Lightwoods favour. Besides th... More

01
02
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
Author's note
Bonus chapter 1: Happy birthday
Bonus chapter 2: Mundanes are the worst

03

12.5K 313 56
By alexandra_ab7

The Institute's Lab:

"So how is Alexander?" Magnus asked while examining the body. "I was hoping I might hear from him but I suppose he's quite busy."

"Well he has a lot on his plate right now and he is kinda stressed." Izzy said.

"What....with Clary's arrival..." Magnus said

"Valentine's return." Izzy added.

"The Clave." Magnuc added.

"And the fact that our parents want to put him in an arranged political marriage." Izzy said remembering the conversation between her parents.

The silence was soon felt and Izzy turned her attention to Magnus.

"Sorry..." Izzy said looking at Magnus with concern in her eyes.

"It's quite alright my dear. I am happy that Alexander will have his escape from all the responsibilities. Anyway, how about the envoy? I heard that the Clave send someone here." Magnus asked curious.

"Oh don't get me started. They send a cold girl, with a strong aura that makes you think you are so little in her eyes and she just came in the Institute looking like Valentine. She even defended Alec in front of our mom saying he is until now the best soldier in the Institute. Right now, all she wants to have Clary in front of her and ask her a lot of questions." Izzy said describing the new head of the institute.

"Wow. This Envoy really sound like a bossy mom." Magnus said.

"She is really mature and cold for her age." Izzy continued.

"Really? From what you told me I could have swore that she is at least 40. Like your mother or something." Magnus said curious about the Envoy.

"No. Actually, she seems the same age as Alec, maybe younger." Izzy said finally looking at Magnus from the dead body.

"Well, I finished. It seems that it haven't been used magic to create this. Are you coming?" Magnus asked Izzy.

"Go ahead. I still want to make more analyzes. I will join you soon." Izzy said smiling.

"Alright." Magnus said and walked out of the lab.

The warlock soon made his way to the training hoping he will find the raven shadowhunter. Fortunately for him, Alec was punching a box bag. Magnus got closer to Alec and when the boy sensed another presence he stopped.

"Magnus." Alec said looking at the warlock.

"I have the preliminary results from the autopsy." Magnus said getting closer to Alec.

"Why are you giving this to me? This should go to the head of the institute." Alec said confused by the Magnus gesture.

"And it is." Magnus said smiling.

"I am not. And I will never be." Alec said sternly.

"Don't lose hope. I am sure everything will be ok. You will see. Your parents will be again heads of the institute and they will put you the next one." Magnus said putting an hand on Alec's shoulder.

"It's not just that, it's like everything I have ever known-" Alec started.

"Is not what you thought." Magnus said finishing.

"I followed everything that my parents and the Clave has asked of me but then I find out that..." Alec said tired and irritated. He still doesn't know what to think about his parents and what Luke and Anabella told him earlier.

Magnus saw Alec's face and decided to change the subject. "Let's give this to the head of the Institute. I am really curious to meet this Envoy of the Clave."

The two started to walk to the office. When they got closer they heard voices.

"What else can we do to prove the Clave that all we've done is to try and stop Valentine?" Alec heard his mother said.

"And what the Clave done? Nothing." Robert continued.

"I understand your anger but I must remind you that I was send here to rule the Institute for a couple of days or weeks. As for your problem, the Clave has their eyes on you because of your past and action. Now that we know that Valentine is after the old crew of the Circle, the Clave thinks that you two will try to do something to escape from us and from Valentine. These are times of war, everybody is skeptical and the Clave thinks that no one can be trusted." A cold voice was heard.

"I guess that is the envoy?" Magnus asked Alec.

"Yup." Alec said.

"Wow. She really sound like a general." Magnus said.

"And she is calm. I don't even want to know how she is when she is angry." Alec said.

"Well, let's not find out." Magnus said smiling.

"Right. Let's go." Alec said as he turned the doorknob.

"We have the preliminary tests." Alec announced.

"No magic was used to create the forsaken." Magnus said looking at Alec's parents.

His attention soon turned to the figure behind the office desk. A girl, with blonde hair and bright blue eyes looked at him. Her face show shock.

"M-Magnus B-Bane?" The girl asked getting closer to the warlock.

"The one and only dear." Magnus said smiling at the girl.

The next thing shocked everybody. Anabella jumped on Magnus hugging him tight. "I can't believe you really are here! It has been so long." she said in his shoulder.

"I am sorry to be rude, but do I know you dear?" Magnus asked looking at everybody.

Anabella pushed away from the warlock. She looked at him thinking that if he looked closer at her he will remember but he said nothing. The blonde girl sighed.

"You stupid rainbow, it's me!" Anabella said using one of the nicknames she used for Magnus.

In a second Magnus face lighted up and a big smile was on his face. He then hugged the girl and spun her around.

"GOLDIE!" Magnus yelled. While spinning, Anabella giggled softly.

The Lightwoods were confused and shocked at the attitude the Envoy has around the warlock. They soon stopped and Magnus pushed Anabella from the hug and hold her at arm lenght.

"O my goodness Anna! You are a true beauty." Magnus complimented the blonde.

"Well thank you Magnus. You surely stayed the same. Literally." Anabella laughed.

"Can someone explain?" Maryse asked.

"Right. Lightwoods, I think you know Magnus Bane, big warlock and all those stuff, but what you don't know is that he was my babysitter when my grandma was busy with all the Inquisitor stuff." Anabella said smiling. The Lightwoods couldn't stop being amazed by her attitude and her expression. A smile was more suitable for Anabella than a frown or an emotionless face.

"But once Ana got 14 she had to start to act as a true shadowhunter and start taking care of herself, so my job was done." Magnus said.

"Yeah. He left and for a long time I didn't know anything about him." Anabella said then turning her attention to Magnus.

"I see you got your special weapon." Magnus said pointing to the shurikanes.

"You know how much I liked origami. It was kinda obvious that the shurikane is going to choose me." Anabella said.

"Well is good to know that you loved my origami lessons." Magnus said.

"Those were my favorite part of the day." Anabella said.

"Miss, sorry to interrupt the reunion but you need to see this." Robert said.

Anabella's expression was soon again emotionless as she looked at Robert and Maryse. "Right." She said then looked at Magnus and smiled. "Glad I got to see you rainbow." Anabella said hugging the warlock.

"Me too goldie." Magnus said.

"Hope to see you again." Anabella said with a sad smile.

"I would want nothing more." Magnus said while walking out of the room with Alec following him, leaving Anabella and the Lightwoods behind.

"How do you know Anabella Herondale?" Alec asked.

"I was her babysitter. Ana said already that." Magnus answered.

"Yeah, but why?" Alec asked.

Magnus then stopped and looked at Alec. He then sighed and decided to answer.

"When Anabella was almost 2 years old, her parents were waiting a baby boy to be born. Imogen, Ana's grandmother was so proud that her family is going to be so big and happy. But the happiness didn't last long. Ana's parents needed to go in a business trip, but they never came back. It was told that her father was attacked by some shadowhunters from the Circle, and her mother's body was found in a forest, teared apart by the wolves. Fearing for her grand daughter's safety, Imogen contacted me to keep Ana under my protection. I grew close to her and she was more happy around me. Ana learned about her parents's death when she was 7. She was affected and all but she was a kid. Even so, she knew she had to make her grandma smile. It worked for a time, but Imogen got more busy with the Inquisitor job and she got more strict to Ana. When Anabella got 12 she found a photo with her and her parents, the thing was that in the photo it was visible that her mother was pregnant. The thought that Ana lose a sibling and it was UNBORN destroyed her pure heart. She closed in her room for 3 weeks and refused to talk to anybody. I got her out from that phase, but when she got 15, something happened and Imogen asked me to leave her. I never wanted that, but I did. Now I know what kind of impact Imogen had on her." Magnus said finishing with a sad face.

Alec got closer to the warlock putting an hand on his shoulder trying to comfort him. "You didn't know that she was going to get like that. Besides, Imogen is her grandmother, you thought the best of her."

"That doesn't justify her actions, neither mine. Ana deserved something better." Magnus said looking down.

"She had you. I thing she had the best she could get." Alec said smiling.

Magnus looked at Alec and smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.1K 1.2K 15
(n.) finding something good without looking for it Charlie Fairchild was the older brother of Clarissa, something that seemed to have been held over...
4.1K 74 11
Jace is madly in love with his Clary. Their relationship have been surrounded by so many tragedies. He lost Clary while battling Lilith but founder h...
1.7K 190 17
Can the children of Clary and Jace Herondale along with Alec and Magnus Lightwood-Bane and Simon and Isabelle Lovelace risk their lives to save it? C...
322K 8.1K 38
"I'm sorry I never meant for this to happen I was supposed to protect you" "It's fine. I'll just have to live with it or should I say be dead with it...