Desert Raid: Part 2

Start from the beginning

I waited until I saw an opening "Duck!" I yelled and Reiner dropped to the floor. I used his shoulder to step up and jump off it landing my foot against one of their faces.

While Reiner was on the ground and the other guards were distracted looking at me he took the moment to sweep their legs out from under them. Before they could even try and get up Berthold came out of nowhere to help Riener take care of them. I looked around to see who else needed help. That's when I realized everyone was pretty much taken care of. All the guards that were still conscious were tied up by Hanji's vines. Hanji was going around to all the unconscious guards and tying them up too. Good, we can never be too careful.

We had Petra walk over with us to help us open some of the cages. Some of the guards were shouting obscenities at us, but we didn't pay them any attention. At least we weren't the ones tied up. I watched as one guard shouted something and Petra stopped.

"Who said that?" she asked.

"Said what?" Honestly, I wasn't even listening to half of the things they were saying.

"Which one just spoke?" She asked.

Ymir pointed at the guard laying by her feet. "He did," she said, pointing him out for her. I watched as she marched up to him with Levi not far behind her. "So you are the one who was talking shit about blue badges. You look as pathetic as you sound," her tone dripping with venom. She kneeled down and untied him. He stood up a little confused at first but was about to swing at her.

"What are you doing?" I asked running over but before I could say anything she punched him knocking him out cold.

"Making it a fair fight," she said before walking back over to the cages and going back to helping people out of them.

"Did she just-?" I asked Levi.

"Yup, the real kicker," he said looking at me, "she doesn't even feel guilty about it."

"That was so awesome!" Ymir yelled, "that shocked even Ils-." She cut herself off by throwing her hands over her mouth. Everyone just froze and looked at her.

"Ilsa's here?" Reiner asked, his voice cracked for a moment before rage flashed through him. "Has she been here the whole time? How long were you going to-."

"Enough," I cut him off. "This is not the time to discuss this. We can do it when we get back." I said before feeling my chest tighten. I mean I figured as much when she and Levi got all secretive, but assuming it's true is different from actually knowing.

We finished letting out all of the prisoners. "We need to get them back," I said and Erwin nodded. He opened the portal and walked through making sure it was clear to send them back. "Everyone else, try to get as much information as you can from the guards that are still conscious." I knew we probably wouldn't get much but it was worth a chance. Everyone started walking around talking to them and threatening them while I kept an eye on the people we just saved.

"It's clear," he said before giving them the go-ahead to walk through. Once all the people had walked through he let them know he was going to close the portal. "Wait there we will be right back."

"What's the matter?" I wondered why he didn't just leave the portal open.

"The other team needs the exit portal," he said. "To not overdo it I need to focus on this," he said taking a deep breath and closing his eyes. That's right it must be hard making a portal that he doesn't have any contact with. Normally he would have contact with at least one end of the portals, but not this time.

We finished asking the guards as much as we could all we figure out is that they really want us to go to hell and to fuck ourselves. Just as I thought it was a long shot, but it was worth trying still.

"They just finished getting their prisoners through. They are coming through now. He said letting me know they were almost through.

"That's fine," I said before hearing several loud shots ring out.

I watched Erwin go down before feeling a sudden pain shoot through my back. I too fell to the ground. I turned just enough to see what was happening. The two guards Armin and Franz knocked out in the hallway had come to it seems.

I watched as everything happened in slow motion. Mina was the next to go down. Jean tried to turn to see what was happening just to get shot. Marco jumped over him as he fell to the floor. Levi had jumped over me before looking up towards them to use his powers to get the guns away from them. Before he could I watch as Ymir who had stepped in front of Christa went down. Right as Levi got the guns away from the first one the last one fired again before Levi could get the gun away from him too. I watched as Berthold jumped in front of Reiner and hit the floor with a loud thud. Hanji quickly used her vines to tie them up before freezing up; she didn't know who to run to first.

"Franz I need you to copy Erwin's power and make us a portal home!" Levi yelled.

Everything was starting to get really blurry I looked around and couldn't see much of what was happening. Where did they get shot? Who was moving who wasn't?

I felt as Levi picked me up right as my vision started to blacken. "Don't you dare die on me," Levi said and that was the last thing I could hear before I lost consciousness. Shit, this wasn't supposed to happen. Not again.