Reason with the Unreasonable

It took a few days for us to get any usable information. I mean if the government is making people disappears then they wouldn't make it obvious. We had to get our information from other sources. This wasn't as easy as just grabbing a newspaper, or magazine and seeing the latest news.

I wasn't surprised to keep getting updates from everyone that they needed more time to find more information, or that they were having trouble finding any information at all.

I told them they had time to gather information. After a few weeks had passed we were able to get more information just as I had thought. The longer we wait the better because a few more press conferences have gone by and the more that goes by without another outburst the more believable that one might be. I heard they also increased security at all of these conferences so the next time it might be a little harder to get in. Also the longer it took the more information we were able to gather.

As the riots went on more things got out of hand and it was easier to catch them slipping up. We were able to get more accurate information. When some of them reported back to me they indeed had people staged at the riots to start violence and looting.

Finally, Molbit and Mom were able to get some information about people going missing. Eren was right. It had started almost instantly but now it's happening more frequently and they are making more mistakes making it more obvious that people are going to these riots and disappearing at them without a trace. Some videos have popped up of people getting grabbed on the streets. Activists that have been very present in the movement getting grabbed and shoved into unmarked vans by several people wearing all black.

They also were able to get me some information regarding some of the other activists. They wanted to give us a voice but in order to do so, we would have to reach out to them and actually speak to them directly. It would be a good opportunity, but it also could be a trap. We don't know who is a legit activist and who is an undercover guard waiting to get to us.

It's a nice thought but there's no way I would endanger the whole group to go through with this. Maybe some other group might be crazy enough to take them up on their offer, but we will have to pass. There's no saying that even if they were legit that they wouldn't give us up under pressure. Now that we've gathered all this information what exactly are we going to do. I mean I should probably tell Levi and Eren since they were the ones who had concerns about all of this and I mean they were right. Chances are they already know. I'm sure Levi has been watching everyone's thoughts closely especially now that they've been sneaking around to collect all this information.

If Levi knows, Eren definitely knows because there is no way that he would see that Eren was right and not tell him what's going on. I would bet money that they are already trying to think up ideas to try and fix the situation and honestly I wouldn't have it any other way. As long as they run them by me before deciding to recklessly do something that could endanger everyone.

I sat back and looked over all the notes from the information everyone has given me and decided I need to start making a game plan. I mean I know Eren will probably change it anyway with a better plan but I should have something prepared before I go and bug them.

They've been a lot quieter lately and haven't been leaving their room as much now that I think about it. Either they are up to no good, or they definitely have been watching everyone's thoughts and know everything that's been going on outside and are feeling guilty about it.

I should check in with them tonight and maybe we can all talk it out and make a game plan to problem solve. I sat back in my chair knowing I was coming up blank when it came to ideas. I let out a frustrated sigh and closed my eyes.

"You okay Pixis?" I heard a voice from the doorway.

I looked up at Shadis and just let out another sigh as a response, "Eren was right, and I don't know how to fix this issue."

"Well, what can we do to fix this? We ask for them to stop killing us and to give us basic human rights and instead of agreeing they decide to kidnap people trying to stand up for us when we can't. It doesn't sound like a solution we can just magically fix. These aren't people we can just reason with."

"Yeah, because people suck," Eren said from behind him.

Shadis moved out of the doorway so they could come in; he looked just as surprised that they were there that I was. Both Eren and Levi came in and took a seat across from me.

"Well, how do you reason with the unreasonable?" Eren asked.

I hope he was going somewhere with this because I have no clue where this is going. "You don't?" I asked back.

"You yourself become unreasonable."

"Explain?"

"Well they aren't giving us a chance to speak for ourselves and when we finally speak out and get people to listen they try and take that away."

"Yeah?" I asked hoping that he would continue.

"Well, what happens when they can't take it away? When the numbers grow beyond their control. They can silence the few but what happens when the few become the many? They can't silence everyone the bigger the mess the harder it is to sweep under the rug."

"But how do we get that many people to believe us?"

Eren looked to Levi who looked back at him with a worried look. "Well, I have an idea but you're not going to like it."

"You say that quite often and I don't know why I'm even surprised anymore." I let out an exhausted sigh preparing myself for a reckless plan that I'm probably going to have to shoot down the second it came out of his mouth.

"Well, the more people that speak out the harder it is to silence them. I think we should raid another press conference and do what we did before."

"That's not that ba-."

"I'm not done," Eren said, cutting me off. I could tell by his tone he hadn't got to the reckless part.

"We need to get the people to listen to us. The government won't no matter what we say or do, but the power lies in numbers and that's one thing the people have over the government. A total uprise would cripple them."

"Again how do we do that?" I asked knowing he was dancing around the reckless part to try and stop me from shooting it down.

"We get the people to sympathize with us. Right now Cursed and Exiles are just that, labels they gave us. They don't recognize us as people, as living breathing people. We need to let them see us as such and the only way I can think of to do that is to share our stories," his voice got really quiet as he paused, "in person. I want to talk to some of the activists and get our messages out there. I know it's dangerous and I will separate myself from the group in order to do so but I think that's the only way to get them to truly see us," he rushed out.

"Eren-."

"Look I know it could be a trap and I'm fully aware of all the risks and danger. I don't want to drag the rest of the group into danger so I will go alone to these to make sure no one else is put in harm's way."

"Well not totally alone, of course, I will be going with him," Levi said, speaking up.

I expected Levi of all people to veto this decision and not agree with it. "Eren I don't think this is a good idea," I said knowing damn well he was going to push back. He sounded determined which was dangerous when he gets like this there is no way to stop him or talk him out of it. I wasn't going to try and talk him out of it directly because I knew he would push back. I had to be very careful with the way I worded things.

"Pixis I know you're worried but-."

"Eren, I see where you are coming from and it is definitely an idea, however, I think we should see how the next conference goes before we decide to talk to anyone. We don't want to plan too far ahead without knowing how tomorrow is going to look." I said trying to at least put a pin in this dangerous plan. It might be easier to talk him out of it later than right now and I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, but if I can get him to agree to hold off on it I might have a chance to figure out something a little less reckless.

Eren looked at Levi and back to me their silent conversation was unreadable. "Okay, I can agree to that," he nodded. The determination never left his eyes.

Shit, I need to think up another plan and fast.