Raiding the Camp: Part 1

Pixis walked up to me and patted me on the shoulder, "you look like your panicking," he said and I shook my head.

"Panicking why would I be panicking, it's not like everyone's counting on my plan working. It's not like if it fails people could die," I said looking up at him. I could hardly breathe.

Before he could say anything I felt Levi's hand on my shoulder and he leaned into my ear and whispered, "do I need to calm you down?"

"Yes please," I whispered back. I felt Levi push calming emotions over me and my head started to clear.

"Sorry, I'm okay now," I told Pixis, "I'm just really nervous."

"It's okay to be nervous, hell I'm nervous too, but I'm sure everything will be fine. I have faith in your plan, and in everyone here." He said patting me on the shoulder. "I'm going to give everyone a few more minutes while I check in with my team." He said before heading back over to his group.

Levi let out a sigh and mumbled something that sent a chill down my spine, "he's lying."

"What?" I asked turning to him.

"I didn't hear his thoughts, but his emotions gave it away." Levi looked down at the floor. "He's very worried and feeling sick which usually means he's not sure if this is going to work meaning when he said he has faith in every one he was lying. He's just as scared as the rest of us." He looked back up at me and let out a sigh. "I shouldn't have said anything-."

"No, I'm glad you did," I nodded, "It actually makes me feel better."

"How?"

"Well, if he's nervous and scared too then that means everyone is which means everyone is going to be alert and giving it their all."

"I have no clue how you came to that conclusion, but whatever helps I guess," Levi mumbled and I shook my head.

"Shit, we are already running into a problem," I mumbled.

"What's that."

"Well, Erwin is about to go through to check and see if there is a safe spot where no guards can see us portal into the forest right?"

"Yeah? What's the issue?"

"How is he going to see if there are any guards?" I asked. It just dawned on me how dark that forest was the first time.

"Shit."

I waved Pixis over and instantly told him about the issue. He nodded before waving Nanaba over and he already seemed to have an idea.

"Nanaba," he said and she raised an eyebrow. By his tone, we could all tell he was about to ask her for permission for something potentially reckless.

"We have a slight issue, but I think I know how to fix it." He explained the issue and we watched her eyes narrow for a moment. He didn't even have to ask her. She already seemed to know what he was going to say.

"You want to send Marlow in with Erwin," she said and he nodded.

"I don't know," she mumbled. There was a moment of silence before she let out a sigh. "If he agrees to it then I guess it's fine, but if he doesn't want to then I won't make him," she said before looking over at him. "I want to ask him alone," she said before walking over towards him and asking him to step aside.

They spoke for only a minute or two but waiting here it felt a lot longer. She came back with him following behind her. She looked a little worried, but she stopped in front of us and nodded, "he agreed," she said and I could hear how disappointed she sounded.