Mission Planning

We walked up to Pixis and Shadis right as they finished talking to Erwin. "I'll get a team together," I heard Erwin say as he was walking away and instantly my ears perked up.

"A team? Are you planning on going on a mission?" I asked quickly before realizing I was interrupting. "Sorry," I mumbled.

"It's okay. Actually, you two would be perfect," Erwin said, locking eyes with us. "It's a small mission, but we need to be fast. We were planning on going tomorrow night. I figure we just need a small group for this one, but we should ask a few more people to join since the three of us might be a little too small. Well, that is if you want in?" Erwin asked.

I looked at Levi who gave me a nod, "Always."

"Alright, let's go to my room so I can fill you in and we'll decide how many people we will need and who should come." We followed him to his room and sat down on the spare mattress as he sat on his own.

"Alright, so what's the mission?" Levi asked.

"Auruo got in touch with another group of exiles. Some of theirs have been captured and they are planning to move them to the correctional camps tomorrow night. We were planning on intercepting and freeing them."

"Do we know how many guards?" I asked wondering how prepared we should be.

"Not exactly. The only details we know are that the ones captured were two red badges and a green. I'm not expecting too many guards for this, however, we don't have enough information about it to be sure."

"What do you mean?" Levi asked.

"Well, we don't know if those three are the only ones they are planning on moving. So depending on that information we could be looking at 5 guards or 50," Erwin sighed.

"So what's the plan?" I asked.

Erwin just shrugged. "We get a strong team together and hope for the best?" he suggested.

"What," I said looking at him like he was a complete idiot. "What more should I expect from the man that got caught three separate times," I mumbled with an exasperated sigh.

"He also escaped three separate times," Levi whispered back to me.

"Well if you have a better idea then I'm all ears," Erwin shrugged.

"Alright, then listen up," I said leaning forward. "I think we should start with a small team with enough people to handle a few extra guards. However, if we are looking at more guards than we can fight rather than just wishing for the best I think we should have a backup team on standby. With your power, it will be easy to call in reinforcements." I explained and Erwin looked at me rather impressed.

"Well, I'll be damned, I should tell Pixis to run battle strategies by you more often. Maybe then I'll stop getting caught," he laughed.

"So who are you thinking about for the teams?" Levi asked, looking at me.

"Hmmm," I paused taking a moment to think about it, "well starting with team A. We need someone who can survey the situation and give us intel without tipping off the guards that somethings going on. So probably Armin. He can then relay the information easily and let us know if we need the backup squad.

"Perfect," Erwin said, writing Armin's name down.

"I think us four could make it alone for team A. As for team B. I think we should have Hanji in case any of us or the other exiled get injured."

"Done," Erwin said, writing her name down.

"Jean and Marco should be there too."

"Okay explain why?" Erwin asked.