Powers and Backlash

"I have gravity powers." The room went quiet and I continued, "I can increase gravity on things or make them weightless. I can also make gravity fields that push things away or bring things closer. The backlash can be pretty bad when I overdo it so I wear these braces," I said holding up my arms to show them.

Nanaba just smiled before turning back around to look at Rico who was just staring at me with a blank face. What, did I say something wrong?

"Your turn," Nanaba said smiling at Rico. I was a little surprised to hear her say that, but I pulled out a pen and a piece of paper to take notes.

She just rolled her eyes and slouched back in the chair, "I'm immune to all poisons, venoms, and gases. I can also emit poisonous gas. I can kill people with it or just incapacitate them. I can make my skin toxic to the touch enough to kill or incapacitate. If I bite people or scratch them it will release venom into their system that if not treated they will be on their ass in 10 seconds and dead in 10 minutes."

She stopped talking and I knew one thing was for sure I did not want to be on her bad side. "When you say if not treated, do you mean there's a cure?"

"Yeah, but you don't need to know what it is," she rolled her eyes. "And I'm not saying my backlash. You don't need to know."

Nanaba reached over and pulled up her sleeve exposing a scaly green patch of skin. "Part of her backlash makes her skin really dry. When it cracks it turns green and scaly. As far as we know they are permanent. She also gets very lightheaded and can black out from overuse."

Rico pulled her arm away and pulled her sleeve back down and glared at Nanaba. "Fucking nosey bitch," she mumbled.

"Ignore her," Nanaba whispered mostly to herself.

"Their turn, someone else has to tell us about their power or we won't talk," Rico crossed her arms staring at us.

I looked at Levi and before he could start talking Pixis cut him off. "Force fields," he said before making a small one in front of himself, "I can lift things with them or just use them to protect people," the force field disappeared and he looked back up at them.

"For backlash, I get bad migraines and it will start to affect my joints especially in my wrists which is why I wear these little braces." he showed them his arm. His wrist braces only went slightly below his wrists whereas mine went most of the way down my arms. "It's nothing compared to Eren's since his can lead to nerve damage, but it does cause accelerating arthritis."

He looked to Nanaba waiting for her to speak up. "Guess it's our turn," she shrugged and then stood up. We watched as she turned into Pixis. Everything matched even the voice. "I can shapeshift into any person I've seen and have heard speak. I can also shapeshift into animals though that is harder and more painful. I can also shapeshift into a person that doesn't exist however, my voice will remain the same as my own."

We watched as she morphed back to her usual self. Her face winced as she shifted back. "When I overuse my powers the shifting process is a lot slower and more painful rather than everything shifting back all at once I can feel every bone in my body break and rearrange themselves and if I've really overdone it, they will stop mid-break and I'll have to deal with walking around with broken bones for a couple of hours."

Oh damn, that sounds painful. I thought mine sucked but that sounds horrible.

I watched as Pixis whispered something into Shadis's ear. Shadis looked unamused but Pixis elbowed him and he started talking.

"I can inflict pain on anyone I look at or paralyze them. I can only affect one person at once, however, I can cause them enough pain so that they will pass out. Hypothetically I should be able to cause them enough pain that their heart stops, but I have never tried to do that before."