Quinn

"Hello," Amalia gave him a small smile. The poor girl seemed scared half to death. She seemed really shy to start and it doesn't help with how the others are treating her. Her thoughts are nothing but concerns that she will disappoint everyone here or that Hassam made a mistake asking her to be a representative. Her eyes kept flicking over to some of the other people in the room. Some of which were still giving her the cold shoulder. I was going to say something, but Alastair beat me to it.

"Ignore them, they're just a bunch of pussy's," he said, kicking his feet up and leaning back flashing her a friendly charismatic smile. Always a charmer that one. The face of an angel personality of the devil himself.

She nodded whispering out a quiet "thank you," but kept her head down and her eyes lowered. It was clear she didn't like having all the attention on her.

Nanaba cleared her throat standing up and walking over to Amalia to introduce herself since no one else seemed to be moving a muscle. Nanaba, such a kind soul, trying to make her feel welcome even when the others are doing their best to make her feel unwelcome.

The second Nanaba had moved from the chair Alastair took the opportunity to scoot closer to me. He sat next to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder flashing me that stupid charismatic smile of his. With the way this room was lit up his blond hair almost looked like a halo around his head. Funny, horns would be more fitting. He looked into my eyes and I swear if I squint hard enough those blue eyes of his will turn red.

I just rolled my eyes, his thoughts not missing a beat, so Quinn when all of this is over will you finally let me take you out to dinner?

"Not a chance," I scoffed, "I'm old enough to be your mom."

"Come on 18 years isn't that big of an age gap," he whispered with a little pout. "I'll be sure to treat you nice."

"I'm supposed to be the old one here, so I can't see why you can't seem to recall the ten other times I've turned you down."

"It's been more than ten for the record," he laughed. When I shot him a glare he just flashed a smile. "I know I know," he said putting his hands up, "can't blame me for trying to shoot my shot, I'm just making sure since you can't seem to stop flirting with me all the time.

"I recall the roles being reversed."

"Oh come on, you flirt back sometimes," he smiled. He's got me there. I mean how am I not supposed to play into his banter when he never gives it a break.

"Because I like stringing you along," I shrugged.

"I knew it. So dinner?"

"You're impossible."

"Impossibly in love with you."

I heard laughter coming from the other side of me. Why head turned to look at Levi who sure seems to be getting a kick out of all of this. Glad he's amused. Welcome to my life a never-ending battle of turning Alastair down. 

He seems nice, maybe you should go for it. Levi's thoughts were more teasing than actual advice.

As fun as that sounds it also sounds like hell on earth. I love him, I do, but he's so annoying at times. Besides I like how it is now, the playful flirting and witty banter. I wouldn't trade what I have now for the world.

Is he a part of your group?

No, he's the leader of another group but we cross paths often and help each other whenever the other asks.

"You okay?" Alastair's voice held genuine concern. His thoughts even more so. Did I take it too far? "You just went dead silent and started staring at that guy." He paused for a minute before catching on that I wasn't upset but instead something else was happening. He dramatically placed a hand on his chest, "oh so I'm too young for you but he isn't?" he said, teasing.