Backing Out

"Is he one of them? A cursed?" I heard another man say.

"He's an exile. We have to-," they're going to kill him. I looked at Eren and without any hesitation,  Eren and I both lifted ourselves back up to the surface. Eren made a gravity field pulling both guards to us. I grabbed Thomas and helped him down while Eren lowered the guards down keeping his hands on both of their mouths while keeping them pinned to the wall by shifting their gravity.

"That's it the missions blow," Erwin shook his head. "We have to get out of here, who knows if they called for back up already."

"They didn't," I said, taking a look into their minds. They were scared shitless."

"Even so they saw us it's not like we can just continue on with them knowing we are here."

"We could always kill them," Ymir shrugged.

"We don't kill people," Eren quickly intervened. "We aren't monsters, remember? We don't want to stoop down to their level."

"We need to think fast," Hanji said panicking.

"What's there to think about? The mission is blown we're done. We have to fall back," Erwin shook his head.

"No, we don't," Eren said nodding and looking up, "Erwin I need you to open a portal back to base I have an idea about how we can save this mission without killing anyone."

Erwin opened the portal, but he wasn't quite sure how Eren was going to salvage this. I have to admit Eren's mind is quite amazing. The things he comes up with on the spot have me amazed. I would have never come up with anything like this.

He turned to Armin and started talking, "Ghost we need you to find, Overload can you do that?"

Armin nodded and ran through the portal. I could hear everyone's thoughts just on the other side of the portal. They were all confused and worried when Armin came running through. Even more so when he ran right back through with Hanna who was still in sleep pants a jacket and her mask.

When they came back through the portal closed to give Erwin a break. Hanna was still half asleep but she woke right up when she realized we were dangling well over 300 feet in the air.

"Where the hell are we," she asked, clinging to my arm to stabilize herself. She held onto me for dear life as she forced her head up so she wasn't staring down the drop.

"Don't worry about that now," I said nodding to Eren.

Before he could say anything she followed my gaze and saw Eren who had his hands over two people's mouths.

"Who are they... you guys got caught?" she asked, whipping her head back around to look at me waiting for someone to answer.

"Yes, but that's where you come in," Eren said, getting her attention back towards him.

"What do you want me to do?" she asked, more confused than anything.

"Can you overload their minds to the point they have memory loss?"

"I mean I never tried it with that exact purpose in mind," she said with a sigh. "I can't even be sure that those are the specific memories that will be erased."

"Just give it all you got. If it works great if it doesn't then no worries we did all we could," Eren shrugged.

"Okay, I'll try my best," She said before focusing in on the first guard. She used her power and I had to physically back up. I couldn't be around her with how her power works without being affected.

"The first guard was unconscious yet she didn't stop her power just yet. She overloaded his mind just a little more before backing up and taking a breath. "I can't guarantee anything, but hopefully that works.