Mother Knows Best

"You guys sure are buying a lot of supplies," the man said as we looked down at our cart. It looked bad. We had two huge packs of toilet paper and several non-perishable foods. We had a ton of sanitary products and other packs of hygiene stuff.

"We like to be prepared," Levi said with a smile that to anyone else looked so normal, but to me looked like the fakest thing in the world. "You know with all the cursed walking around we don't like to leave the house much.

"And you need these?" The man asked, picking up the box of tampons.

"They're for our sister," I said quickly.

"This many?" he asked, seeing more than one box in our basket.

I just let out an awkward laugh, "I don't know how many to grab it's my first time picking them up for her I just want her to have enough," I said playing dumb.

"Really," he said before dropping it, "What happened to your arm?" he asked because he was looking for a reason to take us in. He was watching us closely and listening to every word we said. Any slip up and we would be arrested, or worse.

"I fell down the stairs," Levi laughed. I could hear the smallest bit of panic. He wasn't sure what to say and he just blurted out the first thing that came to mind. "That's why you should always turn on the lights at night."

"Is that so?" Shit, he wasn't buying it.

I looked around and everyone was back in the common area, everyone but... where's Levi and Eren? I ran over to Pixis. It's already ten minutes past something went wrong.

"Send me in after them."

"It's too dangerous I'll-." He started to say.

"Bullshit those are my babies send me through," I glared him down and without another word, he nodded.

He called Thomas over and had him connect us so he knew if something went wrong. After that, he nodded to Erwin. The portal opened and I ran through. I had to hurry. I ran straight to the store making sure to look around so that I didn't pass them on the street in my hurry. When I got to the store I looked down every row before finding them near the back of the store.

I saw a guard there talking to them. He didn't look like he was buying what they were selling. Damn it, I need to think fast. I walked up and pretended I didn't see the guard.

"There you boys are, I told you to meet me at the front of the store 15 minutes ago. You had me worried sick you know better than to stay out too long with all these cursed around," I said before pretending to see the guard.

"Oh, sorry sir I didn't see you there," I said before putting on my biggest smile, "that you for keeping me and my boys safe," I said and he stared me down not sure whether or not to believe me.

"You are their mother?" He asked. "Yes, I adopted them both when they were just babies. Poor things, this one's mother was killed by one of those dreaded cursed." I said putting my hand on Levi's shoulder.

"You don't have any bags?" he asked.

"No, I put them in the car already."

"How did your son hurt his arm?" he asked almost like a test. Levi must have given him an answer and he's trying to match both of ours.

"Clumsy little thing fell down the stairs," I rolled my eyes. "He really should be more careful."

"Any reason you need this much stuff?" he asked and I looked around their cart and saw some issues with what they were buying for a family of three.