Experimenting

I opened my eyes feeling overwhelming sadness and relief. I looked around just knowing that these feelings weren't my own. I saw mom standing by the side of our bed with her eyes close humming quietly. That's when I noticed Levi who was clinging to her as if his life depended on it. His sobs were silent but I could see him shaking and hear his uneven and jagged breathing.

"I was so scared I was going to lose him, lose all of them," he whispered out.

"I know, but you have to remember you didn't, they are still here." I heard her remind him.

I felt a finger lightly tap my arm on the other side of me and looked to the side to see both Jean and Marco had woken up. It seems that none of us wanted to bug them. I had to hold myself back from sitting up and wrapping my arms around him and just comforting him. I knew he needed to let it all out.

"For how long?" His voice sounded so desperate, "the other's still haven't woken up, we don't even know if they will."

"Don't say that-" mom cut him off but he kept going.

"Even if they do what if it happens again? Who's to say that on our next mission that someone else won't get hurt or killed. We already lost Ilsa, I can't lose anyone else, especially not him."

"I know hun I know."

I couldn't hold back any longer. I forced myself to sit up and put a hand on his back. His head whipped around. "You shouldn't be sitting up," he said, instantly trying to pretend that nothing was wrong and instantly jumping into taking care of me.

I ignored him and wrapped my arms around him. "You won't lose me. You know damn well I'm too stubborn to die."

"Yeah he may be a reckless asshole, but he's also a stubborn bastard. When he sets his mind to something nothing can stop him until he reaches that goal. So if he has his mind set on living with you then death has no chance," Jean said awkwardly, doing his best to try and cheer Levi up.

Mom quietly excused herself, "I'm going to check on the others," she said leaving us all to talk.

Even though Levi was just scolding me for sitting up he was holding me close to him. I think the only thing stopping him from squeezing the life outta me was he was afraid to hurt me.

Levi looked up at the other two behind me and rolled his eyes, "get your asses over here. Carefully," he said, extending an arm showing he wanted to give them a hug.

"Levi initiating a group hug I've seen it all," Jean mocked him as he scooted in to accept the hug.

"I've done it before," he mumbled.

"Yeah but it's rare."

Marco just carefully moved his leg out of the way before leaning in. The group hug was a lot different from our normal ones. Everyone was too afraid to hurt the others so I could barely feel their arms around me.

"That was a lame-ass hug," I mumbled.

"Well hurry up and get better so we can give you a better one," Levi said, forcing a smile.

We all sat back and Levi had me lay back down carefully as we all talked. We all got everything out in the open. We talked about how scared we were in the moment and even after We were all still worried about the others. The only thing stopping me from getting up and going to check on them was well Levi. If I even tried to get up he would pin me to the bed with his powers. The last thing I need him doing is overusing his abilities on my account.

"Okay spill what's on your mind?" Annie finally asked me as she sat up in the bed.

"What do you mean?"