Jinxed

When I woke up to a pillow smacking me in the face. "What the hell," I said, shooting up dizzy as hell as I looked around for the culprit. I bashed my head straight into Levi's as he sat up too apparently getting hit by the person as well.

"Ouch what the fuck Ymir," he asked rubbing his head.

"If I have to get up for this stupid mission practice then so do you assholes," she said before storming out of the room.

"Someone's not a morning person," I mumbled, rubbing my head as the headache had already started to form.

"No she is not," Levi sighed, getting out of bed nearly tripping over the bag of clothes as his hand rubbed at his head. I heard him curse under his breath as he jammed his foot on the bag.

"I'm calling it today just isn't your day," I said and he turned around to glare at me.

"If you just fucking jinxed it then I swear to god."

"I thought you didn't believe in jinxes?" I asked with a smug smile.

"I never used to until I started dating you. You convinced me otherwise cause man when you jinx something everything goes to hell."

"Hmm well who knows if you do have a bad day it might not be because I jinxed it and instead it might just be karma from eavesdropping on our conversation last night," I shrugged.

I just watched as Levi rolled his eyes and started getting ready for the day. I did the same and on our way to the training rooms we picked up some breakfast that they had brought for everyone. We're on our way down and I watched as Mina bumped into Levi spilling water all over him.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry I wasn't watching where I was going and-."

Levi cut her off, "it's okay," he said before glaring at me. Hey this means nothing. I thought to him.

"I can grab Marco maybe he can get the water out of your costume?" she suggested before pointing at him he was a few tables away.

"Sure," he said following her over to Marco. He walked back over to me after Marco removed the water from his clothes. Armin grabbed some food and a drink and started heading down with us to the training area. On our way down the stairs Armin must have tripped because I felt him grab onto me for stability.

"You okay?" I asked as I helped him get a stable footing.

"Yeah thanks for- Oh my god I'm so sorry," he said turning towards Levi who was once again drenched. This time it was his hair and the back of his costume. Oh god maybe I really did jinx it

"It's fine Armin," he said taking a deep breath, "I don't blame you for this." he said glaring daggers into me.

"I can go grab Marco-," Armin started to suggest.

"No it's fine, besides I'm sure it will just happen again if we do," he sighed.

"Okay," Armin said a little confused, "I'm really sorry," he said again wuietly.

"It's okay, it's just not my day," Levi said back and I didn't dare to look into his eyes this time. I didn't need to I could already feel his eyes burrowing holes into the side of my face."

We made it into the training area and Pixis greeted us with a smile that quickly turned to a confused face. He furrowed his brow but left an awkward smile on his face. "Did you take your shower with your clothes on?" Pixis asked and I felt Levi turn towards me.

"I don't know Eren do you mind explaining what's happening and why?" He asked with a condisending tone.

"No I'm good," I said letting out a little laugh as I tried to keep a straight face.

"Alright then," Pixis said more confused than before but just deciding to drop it. "Well I hope you two can put whatever your bickering about aside while we run through practice a few times."

"We aren't bickering Levi is just grumpy," I said feeling pure frustration radiate off Levi. Well if he's going to be pissy at me for "jinxing" him I might as well give him a better reason.

"Eren I swear to fucking God," I heard him mumble under his breath.

"Okay," Pixis said not really believing what I was saying as he just turned around and headed to great the last bit of people who walked in.

"Don't you dare," I heard Levi threaten.

"You have to be more specific than that," I said innocently.

"You kow exactly what I'm talking about. First you jinx me and now you are purposely trying to frustrate me."

"So what if I am," I said thinking about the last time we had a mission pract

ce and all he did was try and embarrass me as well as piss me off.

"That was like a month ago," he rolled his eyes."

I just stared him down and gave him a devious smile. "Payback's a bitch."

Before he could say anything else Ymir walked up. So why do we even have to practice this shit I thought recon missions don't need practice," Yshe groaned.I think she was just pissed off she had to wake up this early.

"Because these missions are different. They are terrains we aren't as used to for missions, and some of these plans relay on hypotheticals. We need to know that these plans will work not just assume they will," I explained.

"Yeah, but if we are just trying to figure out if Petra and Levi can pull this off why do the rest of us have to show up?" She asked.

"Well because first off if they don't work we either have to cancel the mission or change it entirely, and second off if it does work we need to know if there are specific obstacles that we didn't think about."

"Like what?"

"Like if she can make a hole big enough for the whole team to fit comfotably since we will probably be in it for several hours while we make our way to the camp and for the actual recon part of it. We also need to know if everyone will have trouble breathing and how many hole we need to have in the ground for us to breath without feeling like we are suffocating or hyperventilating."

"Yeah I guess that makes sense," she sighed, "damn I was hopping to be excused early so I could go back to bed."

"Just take a nap after," I suggested.

"Yeah but then I won't be as tired."

I would have thought she would have been more tired after being worn out from practice, but who knows."Alright everyone gather around we are about to get started," Pixis called out.

We all headed over and I could still feel Levi glaring me down. I looked around and noticed that the training area was very empty looking the usual walls and obstacles weren't here. Petra must have cleared them all last night.

"So we are just going to do mission practice for the desert mission so it's not too confusing for everyone," he explained. The main thing we need to test is if it's possible to execute the plan the way we were thinking, there are a few more things we can run over but that's the main thing I know everyone is worried about," Pixis said.