Recon Mission Team

I took a breath to clear my mind. There was still a bunch of anger built up in me but Pixis was right if I was going to be team leader I have to keep a level head. I started looking for Erwin first since he was going to be the easiest person to track down. He was usually by the sparring area spotting matches.

We walked up and sure enough, he was standing just outside the ring and it looked like Jean and Marco were having another rematch. We walked up to watch the match. It looked like it had just started.

"Sorry babe, but it's my turn to win," Jean gave Marco a devious smile.

"You'll have to earn it," Marco said before freezing the ground inside the circle. Jean almost lost his footing for a second as his feet slid around on the ice before he managed to catch himself. He took a deep breath and the ground under him melted into a puddle.

"That's new," Jean looked so proud of him, "thinking outside of the box now."

"More like inside of the circle," Marco laughed.

Jean threw a fireball at Marco's feet making him move towards the edge of the circle to dodge. Before Marco could recover Jean threw a few more fireballs. Marco dodges every single one, however, Erwin wasn't so lucky. He happened to be standing behind where Marco had moved and a fireball grazed his clothes catching them on fire.

"Damn it, Jean, I'm running out of shirts." Erwin yelled, "this is why I refuse to spot your matches," Erwin kept mumbling as he tried to put the little fire out on his sleeve.

"Pause!" Marco called. Jean stopped and Marco turned around and used some water on Erwin's shirt stopping the fire.

"Thanks," Erwin said as Marco used his power to pull the water from the fibers of his shirt so he wouldn't have to walk around in damp clothes.

Marco turned back around, "resume," he called out and Jean did just that.

He switched up tactics probably to avoid hitting Erwin again. He used Marco's ice to slide to the center of the circle before shooting fire out from himself from every angle. It looked like the center of a small explosion. Marco had no choice but to back out of the circle to avoid the fire.

"Nice job babe," Marco said giving him a small clap," I'll have to remember that move for next time maybe if I'm more prepared I can counteract it."

"Nice job to you too, the ice floor was a nice touch I almost fell on my ass," Jean laughed as he stood up now drenched as the ice floor had turned to a giant puddle of water.

Marco cleaned up the water and Erwin fixed their scores. "Marco 7 Jean 6," Erwin called out.

"Looks like I have to win 2 more to pass you up again," Jean laughed.

I stopped myself from watching them and walked up to Erwin to talk to him about the mission. "Erwin, can we talk," I said getting his attention.

"Do you need a spotter?" he asked.

"No, it's about a mission," I said quieter but it was no good.

"There's a mission?" Jean asked.

"Yes, but you're not in this one."

"Who decided that," Jean huffed.

"Me."

"What why?" He sounded almost insulted for a second.

"Because this isn't a fighting mission it's a reconnaissance mission," I hoped he would stop there, but he didn't.

"Recon? For where?"

"We are checking out that forest where those three exiled were captured," I said and braced myself for his reaction.

"You're what? That's stupid not to mention reckless whose idea was this?" Jean looked ready to march straight up to Pixis and tell him off for a second. Too bad Pixis isn't to blame for this mission.