Outburst

"Answers?" Pixis repeated. His tone asking us what the hell we meant by that.

We just nodded and I pulled out the newspaper and magazine handing them to him. He looked down at it confused before looking back up at me for an explanation of what he was looking at.

"Well, the whole debate about killing and morals stuck up a few questions that no one could answer, so I decided to go and get answers for myself. Ymir caught me and when I explained she said she wanted answers too."

"I also wanted to make sure he didn't get himself killed," she added.

"Yeah, that too," I mumbled before continuing. "My main question was why wasn't the other side struggling with morality. I mean out enemies have no problem killing us, and normal civilians have no problem turning a blind eye to it. I wanted to know why that was."

"It's because they are monsters," Berthold cut me off. He was angry for a multitude of reasons. He was pissed that I was trying to humanize the other side by trying to see why. He didn't care why all he wanted was revenge, but surprisingly enough what pissed him off even more than that was that we risked our lives to get information he deemed worthless. He was absolutely livid because he thought he might lose us as well.

Pixis just put his hand up to silence him before nodding for us to continue. The glare has left his eyes and was replaced with curiosity as he waited to judge us on our explanation.

"I figured that the government had been brainwashing and manipulating people through lies and fear-mongering, but thinking that it's happening and knowing are two different things. I had to be sure. On top of that, I also had to figure out what exactly they were saying that would make everyone see us as less than human to the point where they don't even bat an eye at our deaths."

"What did you find?" He finally asked his tone was unreadable but he waited patiently for us to continue.

"Well in the newspaper we found a false article that talked about heinous crimes we didn't commit. They said we were killing guards and leaving their heads on wooden stakes as well as murdering innocent civilians."

"In the magazine, it has a bunch of politicians' names in it too where it was talking about a curfew put in place for civilian safety," Ymir said.

"We thought that we could maybe do research into these people and see if they are some of the ones spreading the lies?" I added on to her statement before remembering the news broadcast. "Oh, and on the news, they flipped the narrative of what happened last night. They said that the guards were doing a routine patrol and got ambushed before playing the sympathy card by bringing up the guards' families."

"They made it seem like it was a good thing that one of us got killed." Ymir gritted her teeth as she remembered what they were saying, her rage coming back.

"They also seemed like there was way more of us there than there actually was," I said

"That's just what we were able to figure out in a few hours, but I really think Levi was onto something with this. I mean this information has to be helpful right?" Ymir asked Pixis, trying to look him in the eyes.

"I will admit this information could be useful," he said and I watched as everyone else turned and glared at him. "But," he said looking at everyone reassuring them that he wasn't done, "you shouldn't have left without telling anyone. You should have-."

"We should have what?" I asked standing my ground. I know we are in deep shit and talking back probably will make things worse, but I couldn't help but do so I know damn well where he is going with this and if we would have done what he is asking they would have shot us down. "Asked permission? We all know damn well if we did you would have said no. So what? What exactly should we have done?"