Don't Get Shot

Our two days of relief had passed and we all dragged our feet to the training area. I could tell some people were still really sore. I mean Eren and I were a little sore, but we could move perfectly fine and it wouldn't really affect us.

Once we were all down in the training area we grouped up. Pixis informed our group that we would be playing the role of the guards first. He had us pass out the paintball guns to the rest of our group while the other team discussed their game plan. I took a few steps back and focused strictly on Eren's thoughts to avoid reading their game plan.

Not only do I have to ignore them while setting up but during the training mission I need to ignore them. I can't even rely on just focusing on Eren's thoughts because that will still allow me to know things that I shouldn't know and it will make it harder for them during training.

"Well I guess we should plan out how we will go about being the guards," Eren said to us. We all talked for a bit about how we were going to go about this to make it seem as accurate as possible.

When they finished planning Mikasa gave the order for everyone to line up. "Don't hold back," We heard Pixis say before they finished getting into positions. On our end, Eren gave the order for us to get to our spots in the makeshift training area that was designed to resemble the layout of the camp for the mountain mission.

Eren and I stayed more towards the back of the camp where most guards would be, watching the prisoners. We wanted to see how well they would do especially with us not holding back. I wonder how quickly they are able to disarm us, or how they plan on going about this?

We all went about "patrolling" the area since they weren't going to tell us when they actually started. The main difference here is they know who to take down in hand to hand combat and who to take down using powers. We don't have that luxury in a real mission. Eren and I will probably be taken down by someone's powers rather than through combat. Whereas Mina, Christa, or Armin might be taken down in hand to hand combat.

I looked up at the doorway of the room a few of us were supposed to be guarding. I could hear some movement and I alerted the other guards in the room quietly getting their attention. I made sure to take a mental note of it so that when we were done I could tell them what alerted us and why we were all staring at the door ready to fire.

They came barging through Mikasa just running straight on in and behind her was Annie who was providing the rest of the team cover with her power. Sasha Connie and Hitch were behind Annies shielding. I guess it didn't matter that they made a noise because their team came in prepared and on the defensive.

Behind them came the next to teams being protected by one of Shadis's force fields. Before they could start disarming us I saw an opportunity to shoot someone who was barely visible from behind Annie's shield. I took aim and fired, hitting someone's shin. I knew it was Connie the second I heard the yelp.

"Bad move you have to watch everything, Connie. If this were real Levi would have just blown your foot off," Pixis said giving him the warning.

"Levi was the one who shot me, damn I can't even get payback for it then," he groaned.

"Focus Connie this may be practice, but this is still supposed to be serious," Annie said and I heard a thump and another yelp from him. It was hard to hold back my laughter knowing she just whacked him upside the head.

Mikasa was nearly covered in paintballs and I couldn't figure out the plan with that until behind me Berthold yelled out, "I'm out of ammo."

"Stop firing at her," I ordered. She smiled at me realizing that I figured out she was the diversion. Not only was Berthold out, but Reiner was out too. "Sasha, Hitch go!"