Reckless Sparing

We headed to the sparring area to see if anyone needed a spot. The second we came in we were instantly flagged down. "Hey come watch our match," Hanna called out to us.

We walked up and saw she was versing Connie. This should be an interesting match. Her power requires her to look at the person the whole time to affect them fully. However, Connie is too fast to see.

"We're going to need a barrier to make sure Connie stays inside the ring," I said glaring at Connie.

"Oh come on I have never-," he started.

"The match versus Jean, the match versus Christa, the other match versus Jean, another match versus Jean, the match versus Annie, another match verse Jean-" I started to list them off before he cut me off.

"Okay, so I've bailed a few times-."

"13."

"But I have good reasons for each of those," he said, completely ignoring me. I just raised an eyebrow. This should be interesting. "Christa was going to make me walk out of the circle anyways and I really didn't want her controlling me. Annie was going to kill me. She nearly skewered me with her crystals."

"And Jean?" I asked.

"He's an idiot and falls for it every time. It's funny to watch him blast fireballs aimlessly at nothing for an hour."

"Okay you have a fair point for that last one," I said remembering the look on Jean's face after finally figuring out that he's been duped for the 11th time. Surprisingly enough he never learns and it takes him longer to figure out every time.

"Still, I don't trust you," Levi said waving Petra over.

"Invisible boundaries?" She asked.

"Yes please," I answered.

She used her power to solidify the air encasing them in a completely see-through arena. She left them enough room to still knock the other out of the circle on the ground, but you couldn't go too far from the match. "Alright, call me over when the match ends so I can let them out." She said before being called over to another group.

"We really need to start calling her over when Jean spars," Levi whispered and I quickly nodded my head.

"That would save us so many shirts."

"Not to mention the burns," Levi smiled.

I'm about to tell them to start you watch Connie's thoughts to make sure he stays inside the circle.

"Done," Levi said before closing his eyes knowing it will be easier to track his thoughts if he couldn't see the chaos going on inside the ring.

"Three, two, one, Spar!" The second I said spar Connie was nothing more than a blur running around the circle.

"He's planning on giving her five minutes to try and take him out before he pushes her out of the circle," Levi whispered to me.

"Well, at least he's giving her a shot." Their power match up isn't the fairest.

I could see Hanna struggling as she tried to get her eyes to latch onto him, but he was both nowhere and everywhere at once. After the five minutes were up Connie reappeared and Hanna was standing outside of the ring. Well, she gave it her all. We called Petra over and she released them.

"Well maybe next time," she sighed. "Was I even close?" she asked and Connie shrugged.

"I felt your power affect me here and there, but not enough to do more than give me a slight headache."