Two Dumbasses

It took a while but Ymir finally poked her head out and spoke to us. "Imma be here for a while, can you just send Shadis to us?" She asked and we didn't mind dropping the responsibility of telling him on her.

"I'll go grab him and tell him to go to Berthold's room," Eren said before starting to walk away, "I'll meet you back at our room."

I just shrugged it off and headed back to the room. Eren thought I was having a hard time after what Berthold had said, but in all honesty, I didn't care what he said didn't really get to me since I knew it was out of rage. He didn't mean to bring that stuff up and sure it hurt having to talk about all that, but it got through to him. It woke him up and snapped him out of this mess.

I collapsed down on the bed and waited for Eren to come back. He's just going to be bugging me about emotions and wanting me to talk it out. He's expecting me to be a wreck right now, but in all honesty, I'm perfectly fine.

I'm worried about telling him that though because I don't think he will believe me. He's just going to think I'm holding everything back when in reality I'm perfectly fine. Now I'm overthinking this. I sat up and let out a sigh hoping that he would just believe me when I tell him I'm okay.

There was a knock on the wall and I felt a little confused cause Eren would just walk straight in. "come in?" I mumbled.

Oh, it's Pixis. That explains the knocking.

"Do you have a minute?"

Thank god that gives me time before dealing with Eren. I love him to death but sometimes when I say I'm okay I actually mean I'm okay. "Yeah, we're heading to your office?"

"I think that's best," he nodded. "More private."

"Okay." I stood up and we started heading towards his office. I bumped into Eren in the halls and gave him a smile. "I'll be back," I said and he nodded and walked towards our room.

Walking into the office and taking a seat things felt different than normal. I'm assuming this is an update about the information, or maybe they found enough information for a mission, but Pixis seemed more concerned than anything.

"Is something wrong?" I asked before I could stop myself. Even if something was wrong I doubt he would tell me.

"No, everything is fine," he said back without a second thought. That answer seemed more out of habit than a genuine reply.

"Well, something is-" I cut myself off and reworded it hoping that he wouldn't just shut me down again, "different."

"Yes," he sighed, "different," he took another moment before proceeding on. Almost as if he had to think of what to say in order to not say something wrong. "This whole situation is different. We've never had a situation like this."

"Situation like what?"

"Well, all of our other miss- uh- situations have been-."

"Stop." I cut him off. Now I see why he was being so weird with wording. He doesn't want to admit we have enough information for a mission because he knows the second he does I will jump on it. I mean he's right, but there is no need to beat around the bush with it I would have caught on eventually. "Go back."

He let out a sigh knowing he already slipped up. "We still don't know if we have enough information for it yet, and if we did this would be more complicated than any of our other missions," he explained why he was so hesitant on bringing this up.

"Okay, I hear your concerns," I said, trying not to immediately jump on the fact that there might be a possibility of a mission, "but I need you to tell me what we do know and we can come to a conclusion together."

"That's fair," he nodded. It made sense now why he wanted this to be more private. If Eren tagged along then the both of us would have definitely jumped on the opportunity without a second thought. No discussion or anything could have brought us back to reality.

"So what we know so far is that we know nothing." Well, that's a hell of a way to start.

"Okay," I said awkwardly trying to figure out why he's calling me in here to tell me he still knows nothing.

"Well there's a reason I'm not too keen on starting a mission," he continued. "So we have a date and location for some of these press conferences, but," he said looking me in the eyes, "we have no clue how many guards are going to be there. We don't even know what we can really do about these anyway."

"Well, I'm not saying we can go grab him right now, but Eren did have some ideas that I really think would help."

"Well, let's first decide what we will do about the lack of knowledge about the guards, and how we will handle any other situations that will arise."

I nodded in agreement and I let him continue talking about all the issues he was coming up with and all the information they didn't know that could be troublesome. The whole time I was trying to think of solutions but was coming up blank.

"Alright, so let's brainstorm some solutions,'' he said and I nodded. We both just sat there quietly for a few minutes thinking.

"Maybe we could- no that's stupid," I mumbled.

"What if we- no," he said and we dropped back into a silence as we tried to figure something out.

What if..." my voice trailed out as I shook my head. We went back and forth all of our ideas falling flat before we could even say them.

Pixis let out a defeated sigh slouching back in his chair. "Okay call Eren in."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, we're both too dumb to figure this out." he laughed, "he has amazing ideas so even if it means we have to go through with this he will come up with better ideas and solutions than we ever could.

"I'm glad you said it and not me," I said before standing up and going to grab him.

I walked into the room and Eren jumped up and greeted me. "Hey are you okay?" he asked first and I remembered that he was worried about me.

"Oh about earlier yeah I'm fine that didn't bother me too much," I shrugged. "But I need you to come with me."

"Oh okay?"

"We're dumbasses and need your help," I said, explaining and I guess that wasn't a good enough explanation for him.

We walked in and Pixis looked at him, "did he tell you why you were brought in here?" Pixis asked.

"He said it was cause you guys were dumb asses?" he said mostly asking as a question.

"Yes, we are," Pixis smiles, having him take a seat. He filled Eren in on what we talked about and Eren nodded along.

"So you want me to come up with all these solutions because you two are too much of a dumb ass to come up with a single one," he asked double checking with us.

"Yeah, pretty much."

"I would say you two are sharing a brain cell, but I think that would be one too many," he mumbled before kicking his leg up over mine and getting comfortable.

"Alright get your pens and we will go down the list one by one."

Pixis grabbed a notepad and pen and gave him a nod.