The Calm Before

After a few hours of "relaxing" that felt like an eternity of stress. The representatives finally came and started meeting us in the meeting room. I was doing everything in my power to distract myself from thinking about tomorrow. I wrote down a few notes but nothing that sounded like it would have a hundred percent survival rate. In between writing notes and stressing Levi convinced me to spar, and Jean and Marco had me ref their match.

I don't know how they can do it? I mean just act so normal and not feel like the world may end tomorrow. "Because they are good at hiding it," Levi whispered in my ear.

"So they-."

"Are panicking like crazy on the inside too, yes," he smiled. "We all are. Why do you think they were doing everything in their power to stay distracted by doing something anytime we were just sitting around?"

"I just thought they had a lot of energy," I shrugged.

Levi just shook his head and smiled at me. We watched as Quinn and Alastair had come back and taken their seats in the room. We are only waiting on two more people now.

Zahra seemed pleased to see that we were still sitting here. When she came in she had asked if everything went okay. When we told her it did she didn't seem surprised. I guess she's pretty confident in her probability prediction. I hope her powers will continue to give us more help, especially tomorrow. We will need all the help we can get

I looked around to try and see who we were still missing. "Xander and Leroy," Quinn whispered, trying to help me out. She has a better memory than I do. I couldn't remember their names for the life of me. My thoughts just kept saying grumpy old guy and the other healer.

"Thank you," I whispered back.

Xander came in a moment later and took a seat. The only one left is Leroy now. Everyone had started their own conversations. Some were talking about our mission and how they saw the broadcast. Xander just sat quietly for a while before finally deciding to jump into a conversation. It kinda made us all a little curious when we heard him speak to Hassam of all people.

"I saw you on the news, you guys did good," he said quickly. I think he was hoping to fade out of the conversation again, but Hassam just gave him a big smile.

"Thank you, I just hope it worked."

"We all do," he mumbled.

Leroy came in with Erwin right behind him and they both took a seat. He gave us a quick congratulations on the mission before we all decided it was time to start talking about what to do about tomorrow.

"All plans are welcome, and if it's okay with Zahra she can give us the probability of these plans?" Pixis asked.

"That's fine with me," she nodded.

"Does anyone have any plans to start?" Pixis asked, encouraging others to get their ideas out there.

"I might have an idea," Amelia said quietly. All eyes turned to her.

"Alright, go ahead," he nodded, gesturing for her to continue.

After we had come up with a few different plans that we were sorta confident with, Zahra was asked if she could give us a probability.

"What probability do you want first?" She asked, playing with the strings on her jacket. It might have looked like she didn't even listen to the actual plans, but I can tell she heard every word.

"There's more than one?" Pixis asked, looking at her.

"Well, there are infinite probabilities depending on what you want to know?" she mumbled. "Probability of success, probability of failure, probability of survival for individual people, probability of-."