Pinky Promise

Mom and I sat there for a little while longer until Jean came looking for me telling me that Eren was threatening to come look for me himself. I thanked mom for talking with me before walking back to my room with Jean.

Walking into the room I expected tears and sobs, but instead, I walked into a somber and quiet room. Marco and Eren were just staring off into space. Jean even looked out of it. No one seemed to be breaking down just yet, but I could tell they were all just shoving their emotions aside. It's not that they weren't sad, it's just that they were still trying to process everything that had happened today. I can't really blame them it was a lot to take in all at once,

"We should get some sleep," I suggested. No one argued everyone just crawled into bed and silently agreed. It felt weird that there were no protests about my suggestion, but I didn't question it. I just climbed into bed and pulled Eren close to me before closing my eyes.

Everyone's thoughts were pretty much the same including mine. If I wake up tomorrow maybe all of this will just go away maybe this is just a horrible nightmare. We all knew it was reality but we couldn't stop ourselves from begging whatever higher beings to make it all go away.

I knew what I had to do in the morning. I had to track down Molbit and Auruo and get information about what they are saying about us. Things aren't adding up. How can anyone look at another person and see them as less than human to the point where they have no trouble killing them... hell even take pleasure in it. Not just anyone, but multiple people, countless people are believing whatever they are telling them. Even ordinary people who aren't exactly killing us but don't even bat an eye when we get killed in front of them. How can people be this cruel without reason? There has to be a reason and I'm going to find out what it is.

I don't know why I'm so hellbent on finding out what they are saying about us. I doubt knowing will even change anything but it doesn't matter. I need to figure out what makes people throw aside their morals and kill without mercy. I need to figure it out before our side ends up doing the same thing. Whether we like it or not they are still people too. People with friends and families.

Killing is wrong no matter which side is doing it, but I would be a hypocrite to say that I haven't thought about it. I mean who am I fooling when Ilsa was killed I wanted nothing more than to go back and make that bastard pay. When Eren was shot it took everything I had not to kill them right then and there.

I just shoved the rest of my thoughts out of my head. I needed to get my rest sitting here debating myself in my head about if my choice was right or wrong isn't going to help. What I need is answers, after I get those answers then maybe just maybe this debate might be easier.

I let my body relax and let sleep come over me but not before pulling Eren just a little closer to me. Pixis is right, no matter what happens, no matter what is decided we are all staying together.

The morning came quicker than I thought. I knew it was only a few hours away when we laid down, but when it was time to get up it was still a hard task. I sat up seeing everyone still sleeping. I had to force myself to get out of bed. Sadly when I woke up I remembered everything and that it wasn't just a nightmare. I quietly got dressed and headed out of the room to hunt down Auruo and Molbit to see if they had the answers to my questions.

On the way I bumped into mom who had told me that both Mina and Erwin had woken up. "Has anyone told them yet?"

I asked and her face dropped. "We told Mina, but not Erwin. He's still very weak and we don't want to stress him out. Hanji said stress wouldn't be good for him right now."

I just nodded and thanked her for telling me before heading to find Auruo and Molbit. I found Auruo with Petra in the common area. They were both silently staring at the food on their plate that remained untouched. When I realized they would be there for a while I went to look for Molbit. I found him sitting in the corner of his room with his head in his hands. He looked like he was really struggling. I didn't know if I should even ask him the questions anymore all I knew was I needed to get him out of this mindset. He's blaming himself.