Chapter 46: Connection

As the trip progressed, Moonlake found himself drawn more and more to Japan suddenly. He was proud of his Japanese heritage, but now he loved it more! The Eevee, his friends and classmates all enjoyed the trip, Moonlake got to know more about his country and not see the bad in Japan but to see the good... And it was all thanks to Omar and his friends. Moonlake enjoyed it so much though that -

"No!" Moonlake pleaded, the Eevee holding onto a support column at the airport, using his claws for grip. Omar, Quinn, Nigel and Devon were pulling on Moonlake trying their best to get the Eevee off the support beam.

"Geez Moonlake! I never knew you loved Japan that much!" Quinn grunted as he tugged at him.

"I was soooo wrong about this country, what was I thinking?!" The Eevee moaned still holding on tightly.

"Let go!" Nigel grunted.

"I know you enjoy being here now but you pretty much lost the opportunity to move here when you moved in with London!" Omar shouted, "Come on, your delaying the flight!"

"Wahhhh!" Moonlake whined.

Spark sighed, she was surprised her son suddenly found interest in the country... But she didn't want Miss Rose to get irritated so she walked over to him.

"Do you wanna visit me and your father during spring break?" Spark asked.

"Yeeeessss" Moonlake whimpered.

"Do a good job in school and I'll tell London to take you. Okay?"

"Yes mum!" Moonlake replied managing a smile.

That's when the four finally got a tug strong enough to pull the stubborn Eevee off the support beam, the Eevee yelped and began flailing as his friends carried him on the plane, "Nuuuuuu!"

"Bye Miss Kobayashi!" The four called.

Spark waved back and began to walk down to catch the Narita Express back to the city. She was pleased Moonlake's opinion on Japan changed so she could not help but give a smile.

12 hours later, London, UK. 21:09 PM GMT

London stood at the gate waiting for Moonlake and his class to get off the plane and meet their parents, eventually he saw Moonlake. When the Eevee saw him he knocked London over and began licking his face affectionatly.

"Buah! I see somemon missed me haha!"

"I wuv you" Moonlake replied as he hugged London's arm.

"How is the jetlag not keeping you down?" London asked curiously, seeing how energetic his young roommate was.

"I dunno" Moonlake replied, rubbing his face on London's arm. The Flareon sighed.

"Did you ask your mum about you know what?" London asked, refering to a way to reverse the effect Moonlake bestowed on him.

"I did! - She said no" Moonlake replied.

London's head drooped miserably, "Great" he grumbled, then the Flareon got up and walked Moonlake to the tube station.

"You look exhausted! What did you do today?" Moonlake asked.

"Me and Delevio went to Rome to take down a rogue chemist who was making gas capable of killing everything in a town. The guy ended up committing suicide by drinking poison he made" London replied with a yawn.

"Oh" Moonlake replied.

"Oh one more thing - Isabel moved in" London said.

Moonlake froze and took an angry breath, "What?!"

"Things between us are getting serious, and I already have her parents permission to let her in my place, so she lives with us now" London replied, scratching his head.

Moonlake whimpered disappointedly, "Does that mean you won't cuddle me anymore?"

"Who said that?" London replied.

"I can still cuddle with you!?" Moonlake asked, tail wagging excitedly.

"Umm - Yes?" London answered, his head cocked to one side in confusion as why he would assume that.

"Aye!" Moonlake squeaked jumping up and down happily, then he climbed on him and kissed him in the face. London grumbled and blushed.

"I'm tired, let's go home" London said.

While they were in the empty tube train, London handed Moonlake a piece of paper, it said...

Where is Demitriyev?

M

Moonlake wrote...

Saint Petersburg, Russia

London sighed and smiled at his Eevee friends who climbed on his lap and began cuddling.

"So you don't have school until Wednesday, what are you going to do?" London asked.

"I don't know yet" Moonlake replied, "Maybe cuddle with you"

"I can't guarantee that I will be able to cuddle with you, but I can guarantee the singing I promised you" London replied with another yawn.

"Mmf okay" Moonlake replied blushing and giggling.

London rolled his eyes he knew why he replied in such a tone.

When London and the cuddling Eevee returned home, he put Moonlake to bed and went to discuss with Isabel their plan to kill Demitriyev - ending his reign of terror once and for all.

"Turns out that intel Moonlake got was spot on. Demitriyev has a flat in Saint Petersburg, however getting in won't be an easy feat, there are 70 to 100 guards patrolling the streets around and inside the flat and there is a safe room inside" Isabel explained.

"Hm - I'm gonna assume the place has escape tunnels too?" London asked.

"Yes unfortunately, there is one leading to the sewer" Isabel replied showing London the floor plan for the flat.

"The Russian government must be sick of this guy right?" London asked.

"Yes, they have offered to aid you and Delevio in Demitriyev's kidnapping" Isabel replied.

"Hm I hope he - or she - is good" London muttered.

"I bet they'll pick the best one seeing how incredibly destructive Demitriyev's men can be" Isabel replied.

"So when are we leaving for Russia?" London asked.

"Wednesday" Isabel replied.

"Okay then, I guess I'll have time to pick a set of weapons to take along with me" London replied.

"Hm"

"Well, good night Issy"

"Good Night" Isabel said.

The Flareon yawned and then went upstairs, once out of sight, Isabel opened a file containing photos of her and London as Eevee's. She liked to look at them because of the nostalgia she got when she saw them.

"My London... How you've grown" Isabel whispered with a smile.

She put her paw on the screen after pulling up a photo of the two in the Cotswolds, a sweet memory it was indeed.