Chapter 28: Surge (Part 1)

London woke up to see Moonlake looking down at him, smiling and his tail wagging happily.

"He lives!" Moonlake squeaked arms up in excitement.

"What do you mean?" London asked, wiping his eyes.

"I thought you were dead" Moonlake replied nervously.

"Well, I'm still alive" London replied, raising an eyebrow.

Moonlake hugged him, "I wuv you"

London laughed, "Same"

Moonlake blushed, "R-Really?"

London was quick to correct himself, "Whoa no no in a friendly way heh heh, loving somemon ten years younger then me is just plain inappropriate"

"I don't mind if somemon older than me has a crush on me" Moonlake replied, playing with his fingers.

"Huh?" London replied, bewildered, "Oh forget it, I'm making breakfast"

Moonlake climbed on London's tummy, "I already made breakfast - Here you go!"

London blushed out of thankfulness, "Th-thank You"

Moonlake giggled, "Your welcome - I thought it would be nice if you do less work today and take a well deserved break!"

Then London got a call on his phone, "Hello?"

"Hello, London. Enjoying your time off?" Kovar asked.

"Yes, I am" London replied, rubbing Moonlake's head as he cuddled with the young little Eevee.

"I need you to go to New York City and visit Ms. Bottellavici, she will brief you on the next assignment at her home because your target is in the US, There is a ticket for you in the mail, please get it and get going" Kovar requested.

"Sure, I'm on my way" London replied, then he hung up.

"Moonlake, my time from work is up, I'm going to need you to stay-"

"No!" The Eevee shouted, not believing it was already time for London to return to MI6.

London was silent, "What? Moonlake -"

"No! No! No! No! No! I will not stay here waiting for you! You might get killed, or robbed, or raped, or attacked, I'm coming with you!"

"Moonlake, please this is work related I need you to stay here!"

"I SAID NO!" The Eevee shouted back, his voice a little deeper and eyes literally red with fury, his moon shaped necklace glowing an intense white.

London gasped, his heart raced in fear, the Flareon felt like melting but he took a shaky breath and let the tear roll from his eye, Moonlake noticed he scared him.

"Oh no! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to!" Moonlake started.

London sniffled a little, "No I'm fine" he replied trying not to cry.

"Are you sensitive? I-I really am sorry" Moonlake asked, trying to comfort him.

"S-Sort of, but Moonlake your voice was deep, your eyes were red and... your stone was glowing white" London replied, still a little shook by what happened.

"It was?"

"Y-Yes"

Moonlake thought Omar was just playing with him, but now that London noticed, a Pokémon he knew would not lie to him, he began to think he had hidden powers.

"Can I still come?"

"Y-Yes - just don't hurt me"

"I won't hurt you, I care about you too much to do that!" Moonlake shouted, not believing he just said that, he sighed , "Hey, London I'm sorry. I'll stay if-"