Chapter 27: Who Else Loves Moonlake

The day when Moonlake returned after getting sick with London's cold, Devon found himself staring at Moonlake like he was a pile of candy, he didn't know why but he just couldn't stop looking at the Eevee. Well why was this the case?...

The Eevee shook his head and snapped back into reality, he had been feeling pretty wierd around Moonlake ever since they got into the secondary school building and he didn't know why.

"Yo Dev!" Nigel shouted.

"Huh - Yeah?" The Eevee replied, completely lost.

"You okay - ever since I got back you've been acting wierd, like unlike yourself wierd" Moonlake said, concerned about him.

Devon blushed, he was a little embarrassed, "Am I making you uncomfortable?"

"No - hey what's up?" Moonlake asked, putting his paw on Moonlake's shoulder.

"Nothing - I should go" Devon replied, then he got his bag and walked away. Moonlake was bewildered by what just happened, he looked at Omar, he shrugged.

Perhaps this will explain Devon's odd behaviour...

On their way to school, about an hour earlier...

"Hey guys I made fwendship cards!" Moonlake squeaked excitedly.

Everyone looked at each other. Then they looked over to Moonlake in an excited manner.

"Cool, let's see them!" Quinn replied, as they crowded around Moonlake.

Moonlake handed Quinn his...

Your a best fwend for being patient, warm, hilarious, and the only one in this group of fwends that's not an Eevee.

Quinn liked it, "Aww thanks"

"Oo oo! Can I see mine" Nigel asked.

"Hmm if I can find it - oh here it is!" Moonlake said.

Nigel was excited, so excited he tore a small piece of it off when Moonlake gave it to him.

Hey there! You may be small but I see big potential in you and your hyperactive energy and the urge to be learn and grow smarter. But I also love how your the most intelligent and smart of us despite your small size.

Nigel blushed a little, "Tee hee ~ Thank you"

"Anytime" Moonlake replied as Nigel gave him a joyful and energetic hug.

"Sooooooooo? -" Omar started.

"Gooooooooo?" Moonlake replied, trying not to laugh at the comedic moment.

Omar shrugged and took the card with his name on it.

I used to see you as a fwend, now I see you as an embarrassed, self confident, caring and loving Pokémon.

I love you for that.

Omar blushed and bought him in for a kiss on the cheek.

"I love it" Omar replied, hugging him tightly.

Devon sighed, he didn't really hang out with Moonlake much so he just expected something bland yet still friendly. To Devon it felt like he just existed in Moonlake's world as another mon he knew. Little did he know though.

"Hey, wanna see yours?"

"Sure" Devon replied, taking the card from him. Boy was he in for a surprise.

I may not get to talk to you much, but I really care about you, appreciate your pointers, and there are times where I just wanna cuddle and hug you tight, your so fluffy and soft. I love how you teach me things my tiny bwain would not be able to take, but I take it, and you smell great all the time! Not to mention you make the cutest noises, Wow! I could say so much about my best fwend Devon but there isn't much space on either page of the card, so let me sum it up like this...

Come on open up to me. I don't mind hanging out!

Devon dropped the card, his face was red and his heart was beating quickly, mouth open in awe.

"So whatdya think?" Moonlake asked, smiling cheerfully.

Devon hugged him tightly, "I adore it - Th-thank You"

"Uhh are you okay, your face is red. It's not meant to be a love letter by the way" Moonlake replied.

"I-I know" Devon replied, then he picked up the card and put it in his bag.

"Did I scare you?" Moonlake asked, concerned at his reaction.

"N-No" Devon replied shyly, as if he just met him.

"Okay - just making sure. Come on guys let's get to school" Moonlake replied, Omar holding paws with him.

"I'll be in with you guys in a moment" Devon whimpered, ears low from shyness.

Devon took a moment to take in what happened to him, as well as what was happening to him.

"Cuddle... Hug... Cute Noises... He wants me to open up to him" Devon said to himself, then he realised something, "Ahh I like him, damn it!"

Present Time...

"He's been very weird lately, You guys think I should check up on him?" Moonlake asked, concern in the Eevee's face.

"We feel the same" Quinn replied, finishing his homework and putting it in his school folder

"Go on Moony, but the periods ending soon" Omar reminded him.

"Sure!" Moonlake replied, then he got up and went downstairs and outside to the courtyard where Devon, who was good at drawing and a really great artist, was sitting drawing a picture of Moonlake. It was as if the artist was at peace while working on a project, in this case a sketch...

"Whatcha Doin?" Moonlake asked.

The Eevee jumped a little, "I just need some time. That's all"

"You wanna be left alone?" Moonlake asked about to turn and go back inside.

Devon reconsidered, "No actually, you can sit with me, alone please"

"Sure" Moonlake replied, as he sat down with Devon who was blushing as Moonlake looked up at the sunny sky.

"Is this a good time to ask you why your behaving like this? It's very unlike you to become quiet" Moonlake asked, concern in his hazel eyes.

"N-No - I just feel wierd around you, not that I hate you or don't wanna be your friend, I do, I just - just - I don't know" Devon replied, then he finished his drawing on Moonlake who was smiling and sitting cross cross, Devon made his fluffy fox like tale puffier than usual and his eyes were glimmering.

"Aw is that me? My tail and mane aren't that puffy but it looks gorgeous Devon, are you sure you don't wanna be an artist? I think your better off with that then taking over your father's company" Moonlake replied.

"M-My dads job earns him a lot of money, I wanna be like him, except I wanna give my wealth to charity" Devon replied, he tore the drawing out of the sketch pad and gave it to Moonlake.

"Aww thanks - But really Devon, you might be more successful in the art business then in the steel and metal business" Moonlake said back.

Devon sighed, "I'll consider it if my dad doesn't think I'm good enough"

"Evui! Excellent!" Moonlake squeaked, then out of excitement he tackle hugged him.

"Ah really?!" Devon shouted.

"Sorry, I get too excited. Kinda like Nigel, which reminds me -"

"Moonlake, deep breath"

The other Eevee closed his eyes and took a deep breath, "Ah better"

"I-I want you to lie on my shoulder please" Devon requested, blushing slightly.

"Sure - whatever makes you happy" Moonlake replied, a cheerful smile on his face, then he gently rested his head on him, Devon moaned a little but was able to focus on drawing another picture as Moonlake watched him do so. He felt calm letting him watch him. But he wondered if he'd be calm enough to tell Moonlake he fell in love with him over a friendship card, or in his eyes, a love card.