Chapter 23: Yet Another Weekend In Basingstoke

The next morning London was driving on the M3 motorway to Basingstoke with Moonlake and his friends up to Basingstoke in the Range Rover. Moonlake was still pretty nervous about being around London now that he figured he had possibly been in the millitary. London tilted his head to one side when he noticed the unusual mood of the Eevee.

"Hey Moony what's wrong?" London asked.

No answer, just silence.

"Can we talk when we get to the house?"

Again, no answer.

"That'll be a yes"

About an hour later, while hilariously avoiding eye contact with yet another hideous Juke, Moonlake and London went inside to talk in the bedroom upstairs.

"Moonlake - Did I do something?" London asked nervously.

"N-No"

"Then what is it?" London asked, the Flareon looking down at Moonlake worriedly.

Moonlake took a shaky breath then replied to London, "Why were you reading a military training manual last night?"

London gulped and came up with a lie, "I'm interested in the style of combat the millitary uses" The Flareon replied, a paranoid smile on his face.

Moonlake noticed his nervous smile, his eye twitched, "Are you lying to me?" The Eevee asked gravely.

"No"

"I don't like pokémon who lie to me - at all you know that right!?" Moonlake responded in an interrogative way.

"Look If I was lying I'd be uneasy, but I'm not, so can you please listen to me?!" London replied hastily.

Moonlake crossed his arms, an angry look on his face, "This will sound hard to believe but I know the national defense minister, Edward Kovar"

"What Pokémon is he?" Moonlake asked.

"An Umbreon" London replied.

"When was he born?" Moonlake questioned.

"25 January 1979" London replied.

"Where was he born?"

"Manchester"

"What's his favourite car brand?"

"He has several Bentley and Jaguar are his favourites, any all around British car company" London replied, sure of his answer.

"What languages can he speak?"

"French and Japanese, but he needs translaters other times"

Moonlake could not believe it, he knew the defense minister way too well... But his suspiciousness still hung around.

"How do you know all this stuff?" He asked.

London sighed, "When I was 10, he came to look after me when he heard I was living alone, he taught me so many things, he even offered to give me martial arts classes, I accepted them because I knew it would help me if I got jumped"

Moonlake's face softened, "Okay - I'll believe you"

London was not lying about being raised by Kovar, the Umbreon saw how eager he was to protect Britain against those who would want to harm her and her allies, Kovar disapproved, so London joined the youth program himself.

London clasped his paws, "Thank You"

Then the Flareon walked over to Melody to help her with her bag.

Omar wrapped his arms around Moonlake, the other Eevee turned his head and kissed him on the cheek.

"H-How do I look?" Omar asked, wearing the earrings he gave him during the birthday party.