Chapter 39: Secrets Release

As it turned out, Mary permitted Benoit to stay with London for a little while. Not only did the Flareon notice how sour the two were getting with each other, he was not prepared for Moonlake's secret when he woke up in the morning. The Eevee was watching London sleep peacefully from his open door. At around 8:30 London's alarm on his phone went off. He got so annoyed he unplugged the phone, stopped the alarm, and hurled it at his beanbag chair by the closet. Moonlake almost laughed as the Flareon sat up and wiped his eyes.

"What's so funny?"

"The way you reacted" Moonlake replied through laughing.

"Uh huh" London replied as he stretched and then walked over to go brush his teeth as he was brushing his teeth. Moonlake followed him and sat on the sink blushing slightly. That's when London remembered to ask him about his "secret".

"So what's your secret" London asked, still brushing his teeth as he asked the question.

"Are you sure you wanna know?" Moonlake asked, his face red as a cherry lollipop and smiling in a lovesick fashion.

London spat in the sink, "Yes! Because I cannot stand you saying nothing everytime you whisper that extra stuff! So please just tell me, the suspense is killing me"

Moonlake took a shaky breath, "I-I -"

London sighed, "Tell me when you have the courage t-"

"I'm in love with you!" Moonlake shouted nervously, taking a relieved sigh afterwards.

London froze and slowly turned to face him his mouth open. He dropped the toothbrush in the sink, his face turned cherry red, "Tell me your kidding!!"

"I-I'm not" Moonlake replied, blushing and letting his tail wag wildly, then he giggled, "You really wanted to know... That's my answer"

"Moonlake! You're way younger than me! Are y-you? Is this a prank!?"

"Really? Do you think I'm one to lie?" Moonlake replied, hugging him and nuzzling his stomach affectionately.

"Eh-Eh-Ehhhhhhhhhhh?!" London shouted in suprise.

"M-Moonlake, your four! I'm fourteen going on fifteen in December! I can't be in a relationship with a child! That's nasty!" London shouted.

"What's wrong with love and affection?" Moonlake asked, giggling and still blushing.

"It's kinda wrong when your, oh I don't know, ten years younger than me! - Look! The answer is no! I-I love you but as a friend! Not a lover!" London replied, still alarmed at this.

"You sound so cute ~" Moonlake said, ignoring the part where he explicitly told him he wanted to be friends... Not lovers. The Eevee hugged him tighter.

"He just completely disregarded what I said!" London thought. "Is... Is this why I have been given odd amounts of affection from you!?"

He nodded, tail still wagging wildly.

To make matters worse Benoit came to greet London, "Bonjour!"

"H-Hey Benny! Heh!" London shouted, still alarmed at Moonlake's unusual crush on him, "I-I have to go!"

Benoit immediately knew Moonlake was the cause of how London was feeling so he glared at Moonlake then followed London down the steps.

The Flareon ran out of the room, the both of them following him.

"Where are you going?" Moonlake asked.

"To make breakfast" London replied, shaking a little, but still trying to keep positive despite his shock.

"London what's wrong?" Moonlake asked.