Chapter 33: Spy School 3/Complicated Love

On Saturday, Moonlake was given a weekend break pass so he could hangout with his friends. While they were at the playground, they got curious as to why Moonlake was in "summer school"

"Never hurts to learn more" Moonlake replied.

"Dude, you could be hanging out with us rather then sitting in a classroom. Did London sign you up?" Nigel replied, sounding concerned.

"No - I did it myself" Moonlake replied.

"Really man? We miss you!" Quinn said, shaking him while saying the last part.

"It's only for July, relax" Moonlake replied.

"What a relief" Omar said.

Moonlake noticed Devon looking up at the sky, his paw on his face as he crept up on him.

"Devon?" Moonlake said.

He jumped a little, "Uh, huh Yeah?"

"You okay - You have not said much" Moonlake replied, worried about him.

Devon blushed a little, "Perfectly fine"

"You sure? Because your blushing" Moonlake replied.

"Ahhhh! I am?!" Devon replied, nervousness and panic in his voice.

"Hey chill man -" Moonlake started.

"Moonlake. I need to talk you actually, excuse us" Devon said, his voice shaky. Devon pulled Moonlake away into the bushes. Devon avoided eye contact with him the whole time.

"Hey are you okay? I think it's time you tell me your reason for the strange behaviour you have been exhibiting... Particularly toward me" Moonlake said, seriousness in his voice.

Devon took a folded piece of paper out of his shorts pocket and gave it to Moonlake, Moonlake took it, his head cocked to one side.

"O-Open it"

Moonlake did so - He was surprised by what he read, inside, Devon had wrote I love you! in graffiti themed letters.

"Why?" Moonlake asked simply.

"That card you gave me, I-I didn't know you wanted me to be more open with you and to just we'll be myself. I never thought you cared about me that much. It sounded like you wanted me closer to you" Devon replied, twiddling his paws.

"I-I do" Moonlake replied, still surprised.

Devon slowly bought Moonlake closer and hugged him.

"S-So?"

Moonlake took a deep breath, "I don't know Dev. I think your cute too but I don't know okay? I'll think about it"

"Oh okay, t-take your time" Devon replied, still hugging him. Moonlake felt sympathy for him so he kissed him on the forehead, Devon's face turned red.

"That's to show the answer isn't no. No come on let's not keep everymon waiting" Moonlake said, hugging him and bringing him back over to the others. Devon's heart felt like it lost a lot of weight as Moonlake whisked him back over to the others. At least the Eevee was happy to get his feelings for Moonlake out of the way.

Later

Moonlake returned to the academy on Monday. That day there was surprise instructor at the academy, while Moonlake was learning how to shoot. A familiar Flareon came through the door...

"L-London?" Moonlake shouted, the Eevee blushing madly.

He smiled, "Hey Moonlake, how are you?"