[ New Year's Fortune ] Ukyo Ibuki

Being apart of a huge celebration was never (Name)'s thing. She'd always avoid crowded places or just gatherings in general. Of course, that'd end up getting her in trouble...alot of trouble.

New year's eve was no different from that.

It was quite late in the evening and so everyone in the Xhakuenji dojo had gathered to await for the New year. But (Name)? She had snuck out, opting to hang out by the shrine near the dojo.

The place was quite deserted and cold. Luckily, (Name)'s yukata kept her warm enough.

"Ukyo had told me before that ghosts liked to gather around here late at night.." (Name) shivered at the thought.

"Good evening, (Name). You seem quite frightened." The ninja smirked, seemingly appearing by her side.

The girl was frozen in place.

"Someone looks like they've seen a ghost." Ukyo kneeled by (Name)'s side and held a hand to her forehead. "It's just me." He smiled, albeit it had a hint of smugness there.

"U-Ukyo? I thought you were with Yugo and my brother." The girl frowned. "P-Please don't scare me like that.."

"I was." There was a hint of playfulness in his voice, (Name) noted. He definetly ditched them didn't he?

A sigh left the (H/C)ette's lips. But somehow, she felt a little less lonely and way more scared with Ukyo around...

"T-Thank you." She turned her head away, feeling her own face heat up at the thought of spending time with the blader, alone.

"Sure." He nodded, standing up. "Xhaka and Yugo said they would come visit this shrine once the new year is upon us."

"They did?" (Name) stood up from her spot, gazing at Ukyo with curiosity. "You knew I'd be here?"

His expression was quite unreadable.

"Maybe." A vague response.

"Fine, don't tell me then!" She puffed her cheeks out in frustration.

Cute. Ukyo noted. Of course he would keep out an eye for (Name).

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Xhaka, have you seen Ukyo?" The samurai-wannabe questioned the much much taller male.

"Oh, Ukyo? He's with (Name)." Xhaka grinned, placing his hands on his hips.

"I see." Yugo held a hand up to his chin.

"Besides, isn't it about time my little sister confessed?"

"W-What..?" Yugo's jaw almost dropped after that statement.

"Gyahahaha! C'mon, isn't it obvious?" The redhead's grin grew even wider. "She's my little sister afterall, she can't hide anything from me."

"That's definetly..a little.." The Yggdrasil blader cleared his throat.

"I can see why (Name) hides from you, Xhaka." Quon frowned.

"Yo, Quon! Took ya a while to get here."

"Yeah. I had run into a certain blue haired boy on the way here." He smirked, holding out his fist towards his friend.

"Ah, him? It's been a while." Xhaka smirked, exchanging a fistbump with Quon.

"I'm sure he'll come visit soon." Yugo crossed his arms and nodded.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Come on Ukyo! It's almost time." (Name) urged the bluenette on, pulling him towards the shrine. "Let's pray together, shall we?"

"You seem eager. What are you wishing for?" He cocked his head to the side,

"Y-You can't ask for someone else's wish unless you tell yours first!"

"You're right. I'll tell you after we're done." He held a finger to (Name)'s lips, winking at her.

"R-Right! A-Anyway..it's only a few minutes left so let's pray now shall we?" The (H/C)ette smiled, trying her hardest not to blush.

Ukyo hummed.

The two of them held their hands together in a praying motion.

Ukyo's wish was a simpler one. So he seized praying earlier.

(Name)'s wish?

I want everyone from Sword Flames to get much much stronger and I'd like for those from the Beyclub to enjoy themselves..

Valt, Shu, Daina.. and Kensuke!! Please, I want to see you all again next year!

And...

"Happy new year, (Name)." Ukyo held the girl's hands within his own.

"Happy new year, Ukyo." (Name) responded, feeling her cheeks redden at their closeness.

"Would you like to know my wish now?"

"O-Of course.."

"I want (Name) to be my girlfriend. Quite simple, isn't it?"

"W-What?" The puzzled look on her face made Ukyo chuckle.

"Considering what the last bit of your wish was, that'll be a yes." Without leaving any room for thought, Ukyo had leaned in rather quickly and stole his kiss.

Once they pulled apart from the kiss, (Name) held a hand to her lips instinctively.

"U-Ukyo..y-you.."

"You're quite dense, aren't you?" He sighed. "I suppose that's one of the many things that I love about you."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A/N;

Happy new (LATE) year!!!

IT'S BEEN TOO LONG!! I'm terribly sorry you guys..!

I didn't think I'd take this long ass break off writing... ;;;;;;;;

But it's helped me alot! I'm not burnt out anymore, yay!!

I'll be taking requests that people have made in the past bc I'm running out of ideas ahahaha..

Anyway, thank you so much for reading and I hope this year's better for everyone! Stay safe~