[ Overly Stubborn ] Aiga Akaba

"Nope, no way." Both Aiga and you said in unision.

"You two are strange even though you're childhood friends..." Naru pouted. "I wonder if this is what love does to you.."

"L-LOVE!? N-NO WAY!"

"Okay, okay! I was kidding." The girl smiled innocently. Though, it was super obvious. "You should team up still!"

"I can't get along with this guy, Naru! What makes you think we'll even make a good team!?"

"She'll drag me down, I'd rather not be humilliated as champion."

"You act like you hadn't humillitiated yourself that time you messed up your shoot form! You're so lucky you fell into my pool!"

"Shut up! Don't bring that up, idiot!"

"What about that time you almost forgot to get ready for your title match! I had to wake you up, idiot!"

"Don't call me an idiot, idiot!"

"Shut up!!" You smack Aiga's face, a little too hard...

"Ouch, the hell was that for!?" He holds his cheek in pain.

"Stop arguing!" Naru yelled, making the two of you glare at eachother in silence. "You two seriously hate eachother over a missing ice cream cake slice? I ate it!" The younger girl pouts.

"I-It was you all along!?"

"Sorry." Naru sticks her tongue out. "Anyway!" She adds. "Fubuki and Ranjiro can't join, so (Name)-chan is the only option!" The blue haired girl pointed out, before giving you a pleading look. "Come on, (Name), you're the closest to Aiga!"

You frown, unable to deny a request from Naru. She was the cutest little sister you wish you had . . .

"F-Fine, I guess I can help..but only if Kanna-san lets me eat Aiga's share of ice cream cake next time!"

"No way!" Aiga's face contorted into one of shock.

"Deal!" Naru immediately agreed.

"You two...!" The brunette grit his teeth. "Naru, you'll pay for this.."

***

The next day, Aiga and you had actually won the match, together. Somehow, you were too in sync as a team that it had scared both of you. It was just like that one time when you two had first gotten into Beyblade, how nostalgic.

Holding the trophy in your arms, you cast a glance towards Aiga. He had been extremely happy that the two of you had won, but he attempted to hide it by keeping his distance.

You giggle at that fact. He tries to act all cool and serious sometimes, it never works in his favor.

You keep your eyes on him, while thinking back on the moment the two of you had won that tournament.

"(Name), you were great out there." He complimented, averting his gaze. "I-I guess you're not that bad of a teammate."

You blushed at this, smiling shyly.

"T-Thank you . . ." You look away, biting your lower lip due to sheer embarrassment. "You were...'Super Z' cool out there, Aiga."

His expression was a mystery to you, as you couldn't get a good look at it. But..it seemed like he was...blushing? How cute.

"What are you looking at?" He had stopped walking. His eyes were on you, his expression was mildly annoyed.

"Well.." You look down at the trophy, smiling in content. "I'm just glad we won together."

He raises a brow at you, then sighs.

"Yeah, I guess so." Aiga smiles, picking up the pace. "Come on, you're eating at my place."

"Wait for me, Aiga!" You run after him.

***

"Welcome back, Aiga and..(Name)-chan?"  Kanna gave Aiga a look, before offering you a warm smile. "I'm glad you'll be joining us for dinner tonight."

"T-Thank you..M-Miss Akaba..." You bow respectfully. "I hope you don't mind me intruding."

"No, I'm quite glad. I'll go prepare dinner, you two go place that trophy somewhere." The woman instructed.

"Come on." Aiga had tugged you along, bringing you to the shed where he had first made Achilles.

"H-Hey!" You pout, following the boy towards the shed.

"You know, I think Aiga's gotten himself a girlfriend, mom!" Naru chimes in.

"Yes, that's true." Kanna laughed. "Those two have always been quite close."

"Aiga's too stubborn to admit his feelings." Taiga adds, joining the rest of the family in watching the two teenagers that are totally not in love.

***

"Hey, Aiga..." You place the trophy down on the table, before nervously casting a glance towards the champion, except, he wasn't there?

It was until your body had been turned around, and so, your face had collided in his chest. His warms wrapped around you rather affectionately. Aiga was..embracing you?

"T-Thank you, (Name)." He muttered, embarrassment evident in his tone. "Seriously, you get on my nerves enough, but I can't imagine anyone else to keep me in check, besides you."

"W-What do you——"

"I'm glad that we're still friends." Aiga averted his gaze. "We fight all the time, but we're still closer than anyone else, idiot."

"You feel that way too.." You giggle, returning the embrace.

"Then?" He looks to the side, as if he were expecting something else. "O-Out with it already!"

"Aiga, your face is really red!" You poke at the boy's cheek playfully. "I like you, champion Akaba Aiga."

"Aiga, (Name)-chan.." Naru peeked from the door, calling out, however, she immediately shushed herself.

"Y-Yeah, I know, idiot." The brunette responded,

Aiga had leaned in. Noticing that, you had done the same. Your inched closer and closer, until finally, your lips had connected.

A brief moment had passed, until...

"Papa, Mama! Aiga finally kissed (Name)-chan!" Could be heard in the distance. Naru had seen!?

The two of you pulled away, unable to even scream out of sheer embarassment.

You wouldn't hear the end of it.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A/N:

I don't know if I'm satisfied with this, but I thought it was cute. (。ノω\。) I need more Aiga in my life, thanks.